Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    This game will determine who wins MIP
    you may be correct

Comment

OG gonna be ready?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Basketball is a mind game, this is why Lebron has easily beaten the Raps for 3 straight years, you got to believe in yourself first.

Raps playoffs series against weaker opponents over the past 3 years in the first round have gone to 6 or 7 games which is pathetic for a top seed facing a bottom seed.

I need to see the Nets get whipped by a superior opponent. I don't want to hear anymore excuses why a first round opponent needs to be beaten in 6 or 7 games. The Warriors will annihilate their first round opponent in 4 games in the first round, that is a given. Is it too much to ask the Raps if they can beat the Nets in 5?!!
        Oh, I don't disagree with your general point - I just don't think it's applicable here. I remember last season making the point about Toronto losing that game in Cleveland where they were up big and blew it. I think that loss and the subsequent Cleveland loss cemented in Raps' heads that they couldn't beat the Lebrons and the late collapse in Game 1 was sparked, not only by some bad coaching decisions, but by a lot of bad mental mistakes and poor shot making, which cascaded into the following games.

I just think here that Brooklyn is so much worse than Toronto that those considerations don't apply.

I also agree that it's time for Toronto to roll a first round opponent and get into the second round with relative ease. But I don't think tonight will matter much either way.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Oh, I don't disagree with your general point - I just don't think it's applicable here. I remember last season making the point about Toronto losing that game in Cleveland where they were up big and blew it. I think that loss and the subsequent Cleveland loss cemented in Raps' heads that they couldn't beat the Lebrons and the late collapse in Game 1 was sparked, not only by some bad coaching decisions, but by a lot of bad mental mistakes and poor shot making, which cascaded into the following games.

I just think here that Brooklyn is so much worse than Toronto that those considerations don't apply.

I also agree that it's time for Toronto to roll a first round opponent and get into the second round with relative ease. But I don't think tonight will matter much either way.
          Agreed. It might give the Nets a bit of extra energy and confidence, but it's kind of like the last game with the Magic. They came in here all full of piss and vinegar with the belief that they could be a matchup problem for the Raps. And yes, they were a nuisance.... for 1 and half quarters. Raps just amped up the defensive intensity with some high IQ adjustments and by the 3rd quarter it was a laugher That's all it takes to put a less talented, inexperienced team in their place. So, if we give the Nets some extra confidence by letting them win tonight, at worst it might cost us one playoff game, instead of the easy sweep.

In the past, Lowry and DeRozan had a tendency to panic and crack, but DeRozan (the main culprit) is gone and we've surrounded Lowry with mentally tough, high IQ veterans he respects (Danny, Kawhi, Gasol), plus a rising young star (Siakam). Part KL/DD's past issues was Casey being slow to adjust and putting them in a no-win position when they got blitzed, but we've supposedly fixed that problem with players getting used to Nurse's never-ending experimentation, and the 'everyone can make a play' approach. Kind of saw that play out when the Magic took Pascal and Kawhi out of the game, allowing everybody else to do the damage. That was a textbook win for what Nurse's coaching philosophy.

Comment

If the raptors struggle in game 1 and round 1 again, and struggle the whole way thru, I'm convinced theres choking powder mixed in Canadian water. This is a 90% new team.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              If the raptors struggle in game 1 and round 1 again, and struggle the whole way thru, I'm convinced theres choking powder mixed in Canadian water. This is a 90% new team.
              Plus 'He Gone'

Comment

Or... It's Lowry syndrome
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Or... Lowry & Nurse.

Comment

Wouldn't that be the ultimate sick paradox. When you get to the final test (this year) and realize the one thing that's stopping you from the last couple steps is the one thing you've always required to get you to that point.

that's the type of shit to keep a raptor fan up at 3 am, staring blankly out the window into the darkness

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Or... It's traditional Raptors fans being so afraid it will happen that they "will" the event into reality involuntarily (that, or not coming back to their sits till middle of the 3rd quarter on home games when the road teams make a big run while the arena is flat & quiet lol)

Comment

Wouldn't that be the ultimate sick paradox. When you get to the final test (this year) and realize the one thing that's stopping you from the last couple steps is the one thing you've always required to get you to that point.

that's the type of shit to keep a raptor fan up at 3 am, staring blankly out the window into the darkness
                        Makes perfect sense, though. When the games really matter, Lowry's lack of size and athleticism prevents him from being "the man" in those key moments when we need it the most, against elite competition. That, and his tendency to get the shooting yips.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Makes perfect sense, though. When the games really matter, Lowry's lack of size and athleticism prevents him from being "the man" in those key moments when we need it the most, against elite competition. That, and his tendency to get the shooting yips.
                          Anyhow...Only 4 meaningless practices (i.e. reg. season games) until the real season begins! Interesting Bucks vs Philly match-up tomorrow night. Also watched GSW lay a can of whup-ass on DEN last night to claim the WC top seed.

Comment

Good thing about this year's team is that we won't ride or die with Lowry's production. Remember he was relied upon to be the main playmaker and 1B/2nd option on offense in year's past. Kawhi/Siakam/Gasol are a huge help for scoring and playmaking

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Anyhow...Only 4 meaningless practices (i.e. reg. season games) until the real season begins! Interesting Bucks vs Philly match-up tomorrow night. Also watched GSW lay a can of whup-ass on DEN last night to claim the WC top seed.
                              This game is quite meaningful if Raps lose to BKN they will likely meet in the playoffs.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

This game is quite meaningful if Raps lose to BKN they will likely meet in the playoffs.
                                pretty hard to tell at this point. Id say if we lose to brooklyn it decreases the chances we play them as they will be in a better position to get 6th
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X