Game Day
    GAME DAY!
    Game Day THREAD?
    Done and Done

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post

Yep, he's deadly. I want him to maybe break his leg a little though next week.... then have a 12 week, 100% recovery back to healthy.
    Some will chastise you for the "never wish an injury on an opponent"
    I'm fine with him staying healthy as long as the 3 ball from every other Buck mysteriously stops falling.

I keep going back to Giannis' comments about never being friends or even practicing with players from other teams because "thye're not my teammates, why would I want them to know stuff I'm working on in the off-season?"

He's the anti-brotherhood, team over union, team first not me-first player. Luv the dude. He'd look pretty good in Toronto pitching out to Danny when he's dbl teamed....

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

My favourite non-Raptor player for sure
    Yep, he's deadly. I want him to maybe break his leg a little though next week.... then have a 12 week, 100% recovery back to healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    i love this dude lol

I'm just seeing this now...wow, Giannis completely destroyed all traces of that loser's confidence..... best part was his "look, I'm hurt" act after that disgusting block Giannis laid on him. Heh, thats what happens to trash talkers though, when guys call um out and beat them, the fold like cheap lawn chairs.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Game Day
    GAME DAY!
    Game Day THREAD?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    i love this dude lol

My favourite non-Raptor player for sure

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    i love this dude lol

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    I don't really care about the Timberwolves game. I think we should rest our top guys in that game. But we better beat the Bobcats and the Heat. I still don't like how we lost to the Bobcats last week. And i just don't like Dwyane Wade and his one last dance bullshit.

They aint bobcats no more.. Put some respect on my man Hugo the Hornet

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I don't really care about the Timberwolves game. I think we should rest our top guys in that game. But we better beat the Bobcats and the Heat. I still don't like how we lost to the Bobcats last week. And i just don't like Dwyane Wade and his one last dance bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Not a great game by any means.. but Brooklyn really had no chance in this one. Even when D'Angelo was bombing those 3's at the end.. I knew it wasn't going to last. Love how Siakam started poorly but just kept going at it. Still weird to see him improve so much in so little time. Part of that MIP award he's going to get should go to Nurse.

Serge with 5 three's.. holy sh!t. Serge was on fire! Came out of nowhere. If he can get his 3pt shot back, wow.

Careful. Giving Nurse any kind of credit round here is kinda frowned upon

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I don't want to go all Claw Reborn Haterade on FVV, because it's not his fault that Nurse has an unrealistic view of both his offensive and defensive capabilities that he'll let Freddy play through his mistakes longer and more often than just about any other player on the roster. And all he has to do is make one good play for every 5 bad ones and he's back in the 'do no wrong' books. That type of bias will cost us in the playoffs.
    Since the all star break the Raptors are 18 points per 100 possessions better with FVV on the court than when he is off, the third best such swing on the team behind Danny and Marc.

I'm gonna go with being OK with whatever faith Nurse is willing to place in him, so long as the recent (ie since his return from injury) pattern of him playing off ball as a complementary ball handler and shooter continues.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Not a great game by any means.. but Brooklyn really had no chance in this one. Even when D'Angelo was bombing those 3's at the end.. I knew it wasn't going to last. Love how Siakam started poorly but just kept going at it. Still weird to see him improve so much in so little time. Part of that MIP award he's going to get should go to Nurse.

Serge with 5 three's.. holy sh!t. Serge was on fire! Came out of nowhere. If he can get his 3pt shot back, wow.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Siakam 28 points and 10 rebounds, Leonard 26 and nine and Ibaka 23 points and 12 gonna win you a lot of games.
    Currently 56-23 and Kawhi gonna play every game and show us what load management did for him.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I was at this game. Pascal is just insane up close. The guy is such a crazy mix of speed and strength.

Also I don't know if they showed this on tv, but right before tip off someone (I think it was Kyle) threw his warmups high in the air behind him and they landed directly on Marc's head. It was like something out of a sitcom.

Not sure how it looked on tv but I was a little disappointed by the Raps fans turnout, it was the most quiet I've seen for the Raps at a road game except for maybe Chicago.

Anyways, great win.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Russel would be MIP any year but this one. Dude can ball. He was a lottery pick and is just now reaching his potentail which IMO tips the scale in siakams favor
    And a player he is....

What makes me smile the most is that Magic Johnson gave him away for almost nothing. It was Magics first signature move as GM of the Lakers. He got back Brook Lopez who he let walk this year for nothing and he got the 27th pick in the draft.

In the better lucky than good file.. that pick turned into Kyle Kuzma. .. Kuzma was sandwhiched in the draft by Caleb Swanigan and Tony Bradley.... again.. better lucky than good. If they were that sold on Kuzma they could have moved up from 27 to 24 for the price of a ham sandwhich .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X