• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    We play at 9am tomorrow? What the fuck?
    If you’re in Vancouver ..looks like, yup.

(SUNDAY NOON START??? against Miami fighting for their playoff lives? If our noon start history has anything to say, gonna guess we’re not gonna have homecourt vs GSW)
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sat Apr 6, 2019, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I baffled why Gasol continues to take so few shots and ends up with 2-6 points. Yeah passing, yeah assists but I need 10-15 points and 5-10 rebounds as a minimum from my starting C. Is that too much to ask? Get a bit more selfish Marc and get yours!
    He passed up a few open looks last night but I think the bigger issue is that they seem to struggling to get him consistent looks. He's also probably the 4th option on the floor, so there's that. But he is going to need to take and make some shots in the playoffs. He needs to at least appear to be a threat.

Leave a comment:

replied
    We play at 9am tomorrow? What the fuck?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    All ther second guessers need to chill.
    According to Donnovan Bennett,
    "Danny Green was on a strict minutes restriction, playing less than 19 minutes on the night."

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    A lot of people over-reacting to Green sitting late in this one. They are pretty clearly being careful of his minutes before the playoffs. They must be aware of The Danny Green Effect TM. Anyway, they know by now that the Green looks work great. Worth trying to find lineups that work without him - of which they have basically zero, as far as I can tell.

I do think FVV will get chances to close games, but probably not in Green's spot. More likely they find more and more opportunity to go small and play him in Gasol's place against small ball looks in the playoffs.
    Yeah... I think your spot on with this....however I think your still wrong from 4 years ago to argue with me on Biz playing 18 straight minutes against Sacto... I carry grudges and I am still right.

But I digress.

I swear last night the Raps were getting close just to try out plays...Yes thats prolly untrue .. but what is true is that Nurse is settling on who is going to play in the playoffs and who is going to be waving the towel and doing grade school histrionics cheering from the bench...

OG got extended run with what was a playoff lineup to assess where he fits.. expect the same against the Heat.
    Same with Norm. Its between him and OG who is 8th....
    Nurse is still trying to see if Lin can snap out of his very observable funk .. have to love Nick to give a guy who is willing to donate a kidney for a meaningful playoff run a chance to show he is worth it......

But from the very biased and partisan DS decision desk....
    Right now the Magnificent Seven (TM - MGM Movies) is going to be ... Lenoard, Lowry, Gasol,Siakam, Green Ibaka and VanVleet. (sorrry claw reborn) .
    And as of today... Next up will be OG.. followed by Norm.. followed by Lin.... everyone else... well.. get those towels and sideline routines when dunks are made and threes rain down in order.

I like our odds to
    1. Crush our opening round draw
    2. Get by Philly in 6
    3. Take on the Bucks for the ECF.. head and shoulders these two are the best teams in the east. Buckle up. It goes 7 and the Raps win it.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Apr 6, 2019, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I baffled why Gasol continues to take so few shots and ends up with 2-6 points. Yeah passing, yeah assists but I need 10-15 points and 5-10 rebounds as a minimum from my starting C. Is that too much to ask? Get a bit more selfish Marc and get yours!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    A lot of people over-reacting to Green sitting late in this one. They are pretty clearly being careful of his minutes before the playoffs. They must be aware of The Danny Green Effect TM. Anyway, they know by now that the Green looks work great. Worth trying to find lineups that work without him - of which they have basically zero, as far as I can tell.

I do think FVV will get chances to close games, but probably not in Green's spot. More likely they find more and more opportunity to go small and play him in Gasol's place against small ball looks in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

That's the issue at hand. We are now tied in losses. We have the tie breaker, but I would not count on GSW losing so for us to secure home court advantage we need to win our last 2 games. JLin has been the +/- loser almost evety game. He was a brutsl pick-up. Career over.
    He's been terrible with us but I think a big part of it is we aren't using him properly. We have Fred running the team while he stands in the corner doing nothing like he's some shooter or something. I bet you when he goes to another team next year he plays well again. Cause he was playing well on Atlanta before he came here. But yea he's brutal. Him and Norm. The moment either of them come in the game (more so Lin than Norm) teams start making a big run. And I think most of it is because we usually play them together and play them with the all bench lineup or the lineup that only has one starter. We run better as a team when we have at least 2 starters in the game at all times. One is better than none but it usually doesn't save us enough

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    The only excuse for not playing Danny in the 4th and giving Lin 10 min on this game is minute/load management. If Nurse's decision was that a loss was acceptable so long as Danny's minutes were down, then maybe you can rationalize it, if not, then it was just poor coaching.

I'd like Lin to succeed like everyone on the team, but I feel like every time he's on the floor the other team invariably goes on a run. He's been a negative on both ends of the floor. To me he should only see the floor this year at the T-Wolves game, and that is only if we have clinched finals homecourt by then (in the event we get there).
    Exactly. Lin is such a minus player on this team. He needs to not be getting any minutes come playoff time. And him and Norm together has been terrible since the trade. They should NEVER be on the floor together. The moment they are teams usually go on a big run. And as I always say once you give a team confidence and let them get into a groove sometimes bringing back in your starters can't always save you. Cause now the other teams starts hitting everything. I REALLY hope Danny's low minutes was rest and trying to see other lineups and give those stupid 9th man players some more run. If it wasn't and this is what's to come in the playoffs we're screwed.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Looking more like Van Vleet will close out the quarter moving forward.

Lol.
    Please don't put that out into the universe. Hopefully this game shows Nurse that that should not be the case. Danny would have hit that 3 Fred missed down th stretch and danny would have played better D

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That sucks... wanted this win so that we can get closer to that 2nd seed overall.. going to be tougher considering we know everyone will be sitting for that last game against Minny.

Magic number is still 2.. but I don't see GSW losing any of their last 3. LAC is the toughest team they face, but that should be an easy win I would imagine.

As for the game itself.. firstly I didn't mind the ISO to Kawhi. He got a good shot off in his spot. Same spot he beat Portland with. Damn wedgie!

Our bench was brutal again. We got bad Norm last night. Lin was typical Lin (not good). OG was rusty but had some nice defensive moments and overall meh. Serge was great again though. Didn't see much from Gasol tonight. Forget if it was the 2nd or 3rd.. but the ball movement during our run where we took the lead by 10 or 12 or something was so damn beautiful. We need more of that in the playoffs.

I hope Fred was getting the minutes to give Danny some rest. He does have an injured thumb. But I mean the defense on that Lamb 3 was pretty brutal. Need to clean that up. Who lost Lamb anyway? Was that Kawhi? Open 3 from Lamb.. geez.

Lowry with a solid +15 to lead all Raptors. He had to play 36 minutes though.. that's not good. Damn wish we found a way to keep Wright in that trade. Lin is still garbage (-11 in 10 minutes - yikes).

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Gasol with 6 pts...attempted 2 shots...wtf
    That's unacceptable in a loss. I don't care how much intangibles you're bringing to the table.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    The only excuse for not playing Danny in the 4th and giving Lin 10 min on this game is minute/load management. If Nurse's decision was that a loss was acceptable so long as Danny's minutes were down, then maybe you can rationalize it, if not, then it was just poor coaching.

I'd like Lin to succeed like everyone on the team, but I feel like every time he's on the floor the other team invariably goes on a run. He's been a negative on both ends of the floor. To me he should only see the floor this year at the T-Wolves game, and that is only if we have clinched finals home court by then (in the event we get there).
    That's the issue at hand. We are now tied in losses. We have the tie breaker, but I would not count on GSW losing so for us to secure home court advantage we need to win our last 2 games. JLin has been the +/- loser almost evety game. He was a brutsl pick-up. Career over.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    even if Paul believes this what a douchbag thing to say and generate headlines when dude is about to play his last 2 nba games ever. trying to steal his spot light cause no one wanted to give him a retirement tour. same when he couldn't have a video tribute to Isiah Thomas on his jersey retirement night. always wants the story to be about himself

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Pierce is right. He's better than Wade. Wade is just much more popular and more flashy. People will mention championships, PP only won 1, Wade 3. But PP was the Celtics best player in 08 when they won the championship. Wade in the Heat 3 championships was always the 2nd best player.

lol get the fuck outta here Paul. he's not even close to wades level. if it wasnt for ray Allen and garnett coming to bring that title he would be looked at like Melo. a elite scorer but 1 dimensional guy who didn't have what it takes to carry a his own team to playoff success. wade won 3 title one with the aging Shaq as his 2nd fiddle. he has the same amount of rings as lebron. wade will probably go down as the top 3-4 sgs of all time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X