Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 81: Miami Heat @ Toronto Raptors, TSN, April 7, 12PM EST (High Noon) and brunch time out west...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    When can we start calling Powell Mr. April?
    To your point - Eight of Norm's thirteen 20-point games have come in March/April

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    William Lou commenting on last play in regulation for Raps. Something I wondered about too.

"Unimaginative: Nick Nurse might have his reasons to not call a set play, but it’s unacceptable that so many possessions in crunch time come down to Kawhi Leonard dribbling and attacking a set defense. He can be a great finisher, but Leonard isn’t exactly James Harden off the dribble. He’s at his best when he catches it in the post, before facing up and attacking from the midrange like Carmelo Anthony. The Raptors wasted a chance to end the game in regulation because Leonard dribbled for 20 seconds before clanking a contested three over James Johnson, and they simply can’t afford these mistakes when it counts."

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Tight 9 man rotation, Norm played great along with Siakam, Green over 50% from 3. No JLin but our PG's shooting was 'a bit' off. Collectively an embarrassing JLin like 2 - 16 and only 1 - 12 from 3. OG is struggling in his 2 games back. He should get lots of PT in MIN.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Pretty intense game for a 12pm start time. Gasol was great.. that's three in a row now where I can see his impact on the team. Lowry's shot wasn't clicking.. hope he figures it out for the playoffs. Fred's wasn't either which hurt. Kawhi seemed to struggle against the Heat defense. Scored 22 but had a tough time doing it. That ISO 3 was a pretty bad shot. Probably couldn't get around James and just threw a hail mary.

Got "good" Norm today. It's like 50/50 of whether or not he will show up. We should sit him every other game

Siakam continues to be a rock star. That corner 3 was so money. He's becoming automatic from there.

Danny had some big shots. The first 3 in OT for example. Kyle's pass to Danny for that second OT field goal.. wicked! Hope his ankle/foot is fine. The Heat are thugs but get away with it. Reffing is so damn inconsistent.

Serge was great. I LOL'ed when he did his little turn around dunk and completely missed everything. Good try though!

Nice to get an OT win against a hungry team. Wish it ended sooner in a blow out but that's just being greedy. These early starts are so tough on everyone.

Good to see that Lin didn't get any time on the court. Nurse is a smart dude on that decision there.
    That was hilarious, should be a meme.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Pretty intense game for a 12pm start time. Gasol was great.. that's three in a row now where I can see his impact on the team. Lowry's shot wasn't clicking.. hope he figures it out for the playoffs. Fred's wasn't either which hurt. Kawhi seemed to struggle against the Heat defense. Scored 22 but had a tough time doing it. That ISO 3 was a pretty bad shot. Probably couldn't get around James and just threw a hail mary.

Got "good" Norm today. It's like 50/50 of whether or not he will show up. We should sit him every other game

Siakam continues to be a rock star. That corner 3 was so money. He's becoming automatic from there.

Danny had some big shots. The first 3 in OT for example. Kyle's pass to Danny for that second OT field goal.. wicked! Hope his ankle/foot is fine. The Heat are thugs but get away with it. Reffing is so damn inconsistent.

Serge was great. I LOL'ed when he did his little turn around dunk and completely missed everything. Good try though!

Nice to get an OT win against a hungry team. Wish it ended sooner in a blow out but that's just being greedy. These early starts are so tough on everyone.

Good to see that Lin didn't get any time on the court. Nurse is a smart dude on that decision there.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    I'm just happy that it's looking unlikely that the Raptors will have to face the Heat in the playoffs - over a series, playing Miami will leave a lot of bruises that may have an impact on future series.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

True, we just had 3 empty trips then we get ball movement resulting in a 3. More just a comment on the game action...
    With Gasol and Lowry out there its hard to argue against more ball movement tbh. Im at a point where I think one of them should be out there at all times, the game feels so much more fluid.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Dirk and Barkley had shit careers?? what? lol
    just following your logic

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Duncan didn't have a retirement tour. He's an all time great, top 10 of all time. Somehow Wade gets one? lol.

Dirk is another one. He's a true all time great. Greatest Euro player ever. Dude won a championship without an all star on his team. I don't see him doing a retirement tour.

Wade will always talk about his 3 championships, reality is he was the Heat's 2nd best player in all of their 3 championships. He's a Scottie Pippen(which is not bad) not a Michael Jordan.

D wade was far and way the best player on that nba champion heat team in 2006.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Pascal's a fucking beast. last 2 game hit 2 big 3s with no hesitation. he gonna hit some clutch shots in playoffs
    I would trust him more than Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied

Kobe and all the TRUE all time greats(Duncan, LeBron etc). Wade is not in that level.
    Lol Wade is still half decent and has transitioned to a role player. Difference between the two is Kobe made that last season about celebrating himself while Wade’s final season has been fans respecting Wade’s career.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Naaah dirk and Barkley had shit careers cause Tim Duncan was better. face it in your not the best of all time at your position you should be bood relentlessly
    Dirk and Barkley had shit careers?? what? lol

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Eh late game iso can be super efficient. Definitely the right play if you get the switch you want
    True, we just had 3 empty trips then we get ball movement resulting in a 3. More just a comment on the game action...

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Even bigger gap between 1 & 2.
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Duncan didn't have a retirement tour. He's an all time great, top 10 of all time. Somehow Wade gets one? lol.

Dirk is another one. He's a true all time great. Greatest Euro player ever. Dude won a championship without an all star on his team. I don't see him doing a retirement tour.

Wade will always talk about his 3 championships, reality is he was the Heat's 2nd best player in all of their 3 championships. He's a Scottie Pippen(which is not bad) not a Michael Jordan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X