Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 81: Miami Heat @ Toronto Raptors, TSN, April 7, 12PM EST (High Noon) and brunch time out west...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

True, we just had 3 empty trips then we get ball movement resulting in a 3. More just a comment on the game action...
    With Gasol and Lowry out there its hard to argue against more ball movement tbh. Im at a point where I think one of them should be out there at all times, the game feels so much more fluid.

Comment

• I'm just happy that it's looking unlikely that the Raptors will have to face the Heat in the playoffs - over a series, playing Miami will leave a lot of bruises that may have an impact on future series.

Comment

• Pretty intense game for a 12pm start time. Gasol was great.. that's three in a row now where I can see his impact on the team. Lowry's shot wasn't clicking.. hope he figures it out for the playoffs. Fred's wasn't either which hurt. Kawhi seemed to struggle against the Heat defense. Scored 22 but had a tough time doing it. That ISO 3 was a pretty bad shot. Probably couldn't get around James and just threw a hail mary.

Got "good" Norm today. It's like 50/50 of whether or not he will show up. We should sit him every other game

Siakam continues to be a rock star. That corner 3 was so money. He's becoming automatic from there.

Danny had some big shots. The first 3 in OT for example. Kyle's pass to Danny for that second OT field goal.. wicked! Hope his ankle/foot is fine. The Heat are thugs but get away with it. Reffing is so damn inconsistent.

Serge was great. I LOL'ed when he did his little turn around dunk and completely missed everything. Good try though!

Nice to get an OT win against a hungry team. Wish it ended sooner in a blow out but that's just being greedy. These early starts are so tough on everyone.

Good to see that Lin didn't get any time on the court. Nurse is a smart dude on that decision there.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Pretty intense game for a 12pm start time. Gasol was great.. that's three in a row now where I can see his impact on the team. Lowry's shot wasn't clicking.. hope he figures it out for the playoffs. Fred's wasn't either which hurt. Kawhi seemed to struggle against the Heat defense. Scored 22 but had a tough time doing it. That ISO 3 was a pretty bad shot. Probably couldn't get around James and just threw a hail mary.

Got "good" Norm today. It's like 50/50 of whether or not he will show up. We should sit him every other game

Siakam continues to be a rock star. That corner 3 was so money. He's becoming automatic from there.

Danny had some big shots. The first 3 in OT for example. Kyle's pass to Danny for that second OT field goal.. wicked! Hope his ankle/foot is fine. The Heat are thugs but get away with it. Reffing is so damn inconsistent.

Serge was great. I LOL'ed when he did his little turn around dunk and completely missed everything. Good try though!

Nice to get an OT win against a hungry team. Wish it ended sooner in a blow out but that's just being greedy. These early starts are so tough on everyone.

Good to see that Lin didn't get any time on the court. Nurse is a smart dude on that decision there.
          That was hilarious, should be a meme.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Tight 9 man rotation, Norm played great along with Siakam, Green over 50% from 3. No JLin but our PG's shooting was 'a bit' off. Collectively an embarrassing JLin like 2 - 16 and only 1 - 12 from 3. OG is struggling in his 2 games back. He should get lots of PT in MIN.

Comment

• William Lou commenting on last play in regulation for Raps. Something I wondered about too.

"Unimaginative: Nick Nurse might have his reasons to not call a set play, but it’s unacceptable that so many possessions in crunch time come down to Kawhi Leonard dribbling and attacking a set defense. He can be a great finisher, but Leonard isn’t exactly James Harden off the dribble. He’s at his best when he catches it in the post, before facing up and attacking from the midrange like Carmelo Anthony. The Raptors wasted a chance to end the game in regulation because Leonard dribbled for 20 seconds before clanking a contested three over James Johnson, and they simply can’t afford these mistakes when it counts."

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                When can we start calling Powell Mr. April?
                To your point - Eight of Norm's thirteen 20-point games have come in March/April

Comment

William Lou commenting on last play in regulation for Raps. Something I wondered about too.

"Unimaginative: Nick Nurse might have his reasons to not call a set play, but it’s unacceptable that so many possessions in crunch time come down to Kawhi Leonard dribbling and attacking a set defense. He can be a great finisher, but Leonard isn’t exactly James Harden off the dribble. He’s at his best when he catches it in the post, before facing up and attacking from the midrange like Carmelo Anthony. The Raptors wasted a chance to end the game in regulation because Leonard dribbled for 20 seconds before clanking a contested three over James Johnson, and they simply can’t afford these mistakes when it counts."
                  I kind of disagree. Sure its the safe play, but that's fine. Sure you wanna mix in some set plays, some PnR, a couple other plays, which hasn't really happened, but its not a bad play.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

I kind of disagree. Sure its the safe play, but that's fine. Sure you wanna mix in some set plays, some PnR, a couple other plays, which hasn't really happened, but its not a bad play.
                    Best way to approach crunch time shots should vary. Not always iso, not always set plays. If you set a screen against a good defensive team, chances are they'll double/help on Kawhi, make him pass out and recover in time to contest the shot on whoever takes the shot. As for set plays, I'll hold out to see what he does in the Playoffs. Nurse did run a beautiful set play for Gasol against the Pistons, unfortunately it didn't go down. I'm sure he has more of those. We'll see in the Playoffs.

Comment

• Yeah I would have liked some variation on that final play.. even if some other team sees it, it doesn't mean we need to re-use it. It felt like that ISO Lou at the end of games a few years back. Early on it was awesome.. but after the ASG when everyone knew what was going to happen.. he kept bricking his shots.

Comment

William Lou commenting on last play in regulation for Raps. Something I wondered about too.

"Unimaginative: Nick Nurse might have his reasons to not call a set play, but it’s unacceptable that so many possessions in crunch time come down to Kawhi Leonard dribbling and attacking a set defense. He can be a great finisher, but Leonard isn’t exactly James Harden off the dribble. He’s at his best when he catches it in the post, before facing up and attacking from the mid-range like Carmelo Anthony. The Raptors wasted a chance to end the game in regulation because Leonard dribbled for 20 seconds before clanking a contested three over James Johnson, and they simply can’t afford these mistakes when it counts."
                        Watched the 4Q again and the number of times Kawhi iso's ended up with nothing is scary. Like Lou states, Kawhi is a much better finisher than a creator off the dribble. Nurse continue's to sit on his hands like a good boy coach and let the players (really Kawhi) figure things out on end of game possessions.Someone commented Kawhi was forced to take a contested 3 because Johnson played tough D. Please watch that play. There was no attempt to drive by Johnson. Kawhi simply caught the ball then backed up towards center court and with shot clock expiring he came forward to let off the 3.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Duncan didn't have a retirement tour. He's an all time great, top 10 of all time. Somehow Wade gets one? lol.

Dirk is another one. He's a true all time great. Greatest Euro player ever. Dude won a championship without an all star on his team. I don't see him doing a retirement tour.

Wade will always talk about his 3 championships, reality is he was the Heat's 2nd best player in all of their 3 championships. He's a Scottie Pippen(which is not bad) not a Michael Jordan.

I'm so confused at why the retirement tour is what bugs you SOOOO much lmao. Like get over it. Who the hell cares. The man is a damn good player (as you agreed to by admitting he's the 3rd best shooting guard of all time) and has had a very good career. If he wants to have a retirement tour I truly do not understand why that would bother anyone to this level lol
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

LOL I'm cool. Just don't play like this come playoff time and we good
                            I don't worry, I'll be the first one on to the ledge in game one hahahaha

Comment

Watched the 4Q again and the number of times Kawhi iso's ended up with nothing is scary. Like Lou states, Kawhi is a much better finisher than a creator off the dribble. Nurse continue's to sit on his hands like a good boy coach and let the players (really Kawhi) figure things out on end of game possessions.Someone commented Kawhi was forced to take a contested 3 because Johnson played tough D. Please watch that play. There was no attempt to drive by Johnson. Kawhi simply caught the ball then backed up towards center court and with shot clock expiring he came forward to let off the 3.
                              What would you draw up? Why?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

I'm so confused at why the retirement tour is what bugs you SOOOO much lmao. Like get over it. Who the hell cares. The man is a damn good player (as you agreed to by admitting he's the 3rd best shooting guard of all time) and has had a very good career. If he wants to have a retirement tour I truly do not understand why that would bother anyone to this level lol
                                Wades last ride is better than Derek Jeters year long homage to himself if you want to compare two greats walking away from the game they have played since they were 5. Jeter had jackshit in his last ride but Wade still had something in the tank.

To me there is also the hint of good Irish Catholic boy Pat Reilly doing some penance for not paying Wade to end his career with the team that drafted him. He made a mistake. He knew it. Rielly fixed that and squared accounts with Wade with the farewell tour. Perception is reality and the Miami boss is again in the good graces of the movers n shakers, agents and players who wield influence in the NBA. Even at 74 Reilly is one of the smartest execs in the league. Wade will be gone and Reilly will again build a contender in Miami before he calls it day.

Pretty soon it it will be Fuck the Heat on RR.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X