No announcement yet.

Game 82: Raptors @ T-Wolves, Apr 9th, 8PM EST, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few thoughts from a guy who has been with this team since day 1. Evenings spent in the SW corner of the house in Peterborough, with extra wire w rapped around the antenna on the radio so I could listen to the game broadcasts on AM 590. The excitement when the games were finally broadcast on TV. Getting the "Raptors Channel" before it became NBA Canada, just so I could pick up the 10 or so games not broadcast on the sports channels. The Casey years, which were a big improvement and the start of the 50+ win seasons. All of that was a long way from the current "57, 58, 59, who cares. We're focused on the playoffs."

It's been a great RIDE. Ready for anything now. No matter what happens over the next two months, this team is in a good place, with prospects for the future and a solid chance at a great present. Thanks for the ride fellow RR citizens. Looking forward to the coming weeks with y'all.

Comment

• What a wild night in the NBA.

- Raptors get home court in the finals!
      - Pistons were down huge in the half and found a way to win with a hobbled Griffin.
      - Wade/Dirk put on a show
      - Magic quit (lol Lakers)
      - Houston is going to overtake Denver for 2nd in the West and get home court in the 2nd round.
      - Miami is eliminated
      - Charlotte still has one more chance but it's slim
      - Memphis losing, Dallas winning has some lottery stuff happening. Memphis currently has the 7th pick which means they keep it. Dallas is at 9 which means the Trae/Doncic trade looks worse than it did before. Both still play tomorrow though.

Going to be another crazy day tomorrow.

Comment

• As for the Raptor game.. man what a perfect night. Nobody got hurt (well Danny rolled his ankle but seems okay - thank god!). We kicked ass, and the bench got to play heavy minutes.

Was raining 3's! Lin is still garbage, but everyone else played great. Boucher especially. OG had a good game. Was hitting his shots. Norm was pretty good. The starters were good. Siakam had an off night but was getting called for some dumb fouls. Kawhi wasn't trying at all but was pretty efficient. Gasol was good again. Fred got his shot going again after that miserable game against Miami.

Can't wait for the playoffs!

Comment

• Real legend of the game is being honored in Dallas.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ha Wade got Obama, Dirk announced his retirement and had a message from George W Bush along with personal greetings from his idols Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Shawn Kemp and Detlef Shrempf. Very low key, appropriate tribute to Dirk. Polar opposite to Wade's season long farewell tour.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              What a wild night in the NBA.

- Raptors get home court in the finals!
              - Pistons were down huge in the half and found a way to win with a hobbled Griffin.
              - Wade/Dirk put on a show
              - Magic quit (lol Lakers)
              - Houston is going to overtake Denver for 2nd in the West and get home court in the 2nd round.
              - Miami is eliminated
              - Charlotte still has one more chance but it's slim
              - Memphis losing, Dallas winning has some lottery stuff happening. Memphis currently has the 7th pick which means they keep it. Dallas is at 9 which means the Trae/Doncic trade looks worse than it did before. Both still play tomorrow though.

Going to be another crazy day tomorrow.
              you forgot the weirdest one... Jamal crawford dropped 51 points. Only guy to ever score 50 for 4 different teams
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                Good solid win. Obama sending pre-game video message to Wade a little much.
                2 Chicago boys showing love
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Matt and jack and slaw and puffer have all reminded me eloquently tonight..dont take these years for granted. Dont take the masai ujiri raptors for granted. This wont last forever...

But we're not quite there yet. Mission 16 wins. Starting this weekend. Buckle up zainab and gentlemen.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                    Ha Wade got Obama, Dirk announced his retirement and had a message from George W Bush along with personal greetings from his idols Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Shawn Kemp and Detlef Shrempf. Very low key, appropriate tribute to Dirk. Polar opposite to Wade's season long farewell tour.
                    The most impressive thing was that they found Shawn Kemp.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Take us to the promise land inthepaint!! 4-0 no matter who our opponent!!
                      Imma take us all the way to the second round berta brother, if not damn close to it, whatever it takes...

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Real legend of the game is being honored in Dallas.

Did Dirk actually even retire or did the nba fraternity decide for him?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Just a few thoughts from a guy who has been with this team since day 1. Evenings spent in the SW corner of the house in Peterborough, with extra wire w rapped around the antenna on the radio so I could listen to the game broadcasts on AM 590. The excitement when the games were finally broadcast on TV. Getting the "Raptors Channel" before it became NBA Canada, just so I could pick up the 10 or so games not broadcast on the sports channels. The Casey years, which were a big improvement and the start of the 50+ win seasons. All of that was a long way from the current "57, 58, 59, who cares. We're focused on the playoffs."

It's been a great RIDE. Ready for anything now. No matter what happens over the next two months, this team is in a good place, with prospects for the future and a solid chance at a great present. Thanks for the ride fellow RR citizens. Looking forward to the coming weeks with y'all.
                          Damn. You've been following this team since day one! Good for you. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Did Dirk actually even retire or did the nba fraternity decide for him?
                            he officially announced after the game to the AAC crowd. it was hard to hear over the MVP chants. with all the heartfelt sentiment in the thread tonight id like to reflect on a legend. Dirk was my favorite player growing up since the raptors were shit in that Era. I loved his game and attitude and unique playstyles. i practiced his one legged fadeaways like crazy in the driveway. my first real legend who I was a huge fan of and got to watch his entire career. his mavs chamonship was the last title that I was happy with the ourcome. the only NBA jersey I own that isn't a raptors is a dirk. it still has the tag on it and was never worn cause I knew it was something that was going to be special sometime down the road. maybe ill get it framed now. it signifies me growing up in a way I suppose. one day I'll show my grandkids that jersey and tell them about the man who changed the game for big men. I am going to miss the dude but I'm sure he's going to be around the game for a long time. hopefully he stay around the team in some type of role and can mentor porziņģis. I'll miss ya dirk. you went out like you played the game. With Class.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

Damn. You've been following this team since day one! Good for you. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
                              Puffer is young at heart, that's all we need to know...

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Puffer is young at heart, that's all we need to know...
                                My game is still improving. Add a little something every off season. I gotta keep the other guys in the oldtimers league off balance. Hat tip to DeMar.

Comment

Working...
                                X