X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Imma take us all the way to the second round berta brother, if not damn close to it, whatever it takes...
    Get that game thread up, soldier!

We need to shit talk that goofy ass team

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    There's a bit of Raptors content in this 538 piece: Using their model, they went through and picked the best modern-day comps for the cast of Space Jam (Barkley, Johnson, Bogues, Bradley, Ewing, plus Jordan). At least one Raptor was the made the list of best fits (not saying who so you can make your guesses before watching).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-space-jam-2/
    Haven't clicked...Larry Johnson is Pascal Siakam?

...I'm clicking now.

edit: hahaha I was gonna say the one it was just as a joke
    Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Apr 11, 2019, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    There's a bit of Raptors content in this 538 piece: Using their model, they went through and picked the best modern-day comps for the cast of Space Jam (Barkley, Johnson, Bogues, Bradley, Ewing, plus Jordan). At least one Raptor was the made the list of best fits (not saying who so you can make your guesses before watching).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-space-jam-2/

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Watching the Thunder/Bucks game.

I'll say it again, Russell Westbrook is an all world talent....but I have seldom seen an athlete whine so much so long so consistantly over absolutely everything. Faking injuries, stat padding complete whiner. Makes me blame Durant just a touch less for leaving the McWhiner

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    'zitSaturdayyet?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

you forgot the weirdest one... Jamal crawford dropped 51 points. Only guy to ever score 50 for 4 different teams
    Just saw. crazy!

Also Thunder some how came back and beat the Rockets. So that moves the Thunder from 8th (so having to play GSW in the first round) to 6th. But more importantly.. if the Trailblazers beat the Kings tonight they get sole possession of 3rd, and the Rockets move down to 4th. So they would have to face GSW in the 2nd round. Denver in the meantime could get the easier bracket (avoids both Houston and GSW until the WCF). They have to beat Minny tonight or else Houston leapfrogs them.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Puffer is young at heart, that's all we need to know...
    My game is still improving. Add a little something every off season. I gotta keep the other guys in the oldtimers league off balance. Hat tip to DeMar.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

Damn. You've been following this team since day one! Good for you. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
    Puffer is young at heart, that's all we need to know...

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Did Dirk actually even retire or did the nba fraternity decide for him?
    he officially announced after the game to the AAC crowd. it was hard to hear over the MVP chants. with all the heartfelt sentiment in the thread tonight id like to reflect on a legend. Dirk was my favorite player growing up since the raptors were shit in that Era. I loved his game and attitude and unique playstyles. i practiced his one legged fadeaways like crazy in the driveway. my first real legend who I was a huge fan of and got to watch his entire career. his mavs chamonship was the last title that I was happy with the ourcome. the only NBA jersey I own that isn't a raptors is a dirk. it still has the tag on it and was never worn cause I knew it was something that was going to be special sometime down the road. maybe ill get it framed now. it signifies me growing up in a way I suppose. one day I'll show my grandkids that jersey and tell them about the man who changed the game for big men. I am going to miss the dude but I'm sure he's going to be around the game for a long time. hopefully he stay around the team in some type of role and can mentor porziņģis. I'll miss ya dirk. you went out like you played the game. With Class.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Just a few thoughts from a guy who has been with this team since day 1. Evenings spent in the SW corner of the house in Peterborough, with extra wire w rapped around the antenna on the radio so I could listen to the game broadcasts on AM 590. The excitement when the games were finally broadcast on TV. Getting the "Raptors Channel" before it became NBA Canada, just so I could pick up the 10 or so games not broadcast on the sports channels. The Casey years, which were a big improvement and the start of the 50+ win seasons. All of that was a long way from the current "57, 58, 59, who cares. We're focused on the playoffs."

It's been a great RIDE. Ready for anything now. No matter what happens over the next two months, this team is in a good place, with prospects for the future and a solid chance at a great present. Thanks for the ride fellow RR citizens. Looking forward to the coming weeks with y'all.
    Damn. You've been following this team since day one! Good for you. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Real legend of the game is being honored in Dallas.

Did Dirk actually even retire or did the nba fraternity decide for him?

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Take us to the promise land inthepaint!! 4-0 no matter who our opponent!!
    Imma take us all the way to the second round berta brother, if not damn close to it, whatever it takes...

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Ha Wade got Obama, Dirk announced his retirement and had a message from George W Bush along with personal greetings from his idols Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Shawn Kemp and Detlef Shrempf. Very low key, appropriate tribute to Dirk. Polar opposite to Wade's season long farewell tour.
    The most impressive thing was that they found Shawn Kemp.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Matt and jack and slaw and puffer have all reminded me eloquently tonight..dont take these years for granted. Dont take the masai ujiri raptors for granted. This wont last forever...

But we're not quite there yet. Mission 16 wins. Starting this weekend. Buckle up zainab and gentlemen.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Good solid win. Obama sending pre-game video message to Wade a little much.
    2 Chicago boys showing love

Leave a comment:

Working...
X