• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    What a wild night in the NBA.

- Raptors get home court in the finals!
    - Pistons were down huge in the half and found a way to win with a hobbled Griffin.
    - Wade/Dirk put on a show
    - Magic quit (lol Lakers)
    - Houston is going to overtake Denver for 2nd in the West and get home court in the 2nd round.
    - Miami is eliminated
    - Charlotte still has one more chance but it's slim
    - Memphis losing, Dallas winning has some lottery stuff happening. Memphis currently has the 7th pick which means they keep it. Dallas is at 9 which means the Trae/Doncic trade looks worse than it did before. Both still play tomorrow though.

Going to be another crazy day tomorrow.
    you forgot the weirdest one... Jamal crawford dropped 51 points. Only guy to ever score 50 for 4 different teams

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Ha Wade got Obama, Dirk announced his retirement and had a message from George W Bush along with personal greetings from his idols Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Shawn Kemp and Detlef Shrempf. Very low key, appropriate tribute to Dirk. Polar opposite to Wade's season long farewell tour.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Real legend of the game is being honored in Dallas.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    As for the Raptor game.. man what a perfect night. Nobody got hurt (well Danny rolled his ankle but seems okay - thank god!). We kicked ass, and the bench got to play heavy minutes.

Was raining 3's! Lin is still garbage, but everyone else played great. Boucher especially. OG had a good game. Was hitting his shots. Norm was pretty good. The starters were good. Siakam had an off night but was getting called for some dumb fouls. Kawhi wasn't trying at all but was pretty efficient. Gasol was good again. Fred got his shot going again after that miserable game against Miami.

Can't wait for the playoffs!

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    What a wild night in the NBA.

- Raptors get home court in the finals!
    - Pistons were down huge in the half and found a way to win with a hobbled Griffin.
    - Wade/Dirk put on a show
    - Magic quit (lol Lakers)
    - Houston is going to overtake Denver for 2nd in the West and get home court in the 2nd round.
    - Miami is eliminated
    - Charlotte still has one more chance but it's slim
    - Memphis losing, Dallas winning has some lottery stuff happening. Memphis currently has the 7th pick which means they keep it. Dallas is at 9 which means the Trae/Doncic trade looks worse than it did before. Both still play tomorrow though.

Going to be another crazy day tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Just a few thoughts from a guy who has been with this team since day 1. Evenings spent in the SW corner of the house in Peterborough, with extra wire w rapped around the antenna on the radio so I could listen to the game broadcasts on AM 590. The excitement when the games were finally broadcast on TV. Getting the "Raptors Channel" before it became NBA Canada, just so I could pick up the 10 or so games not broadcast on the sports channels. The Casey years, which were a big improvement and the start of the 50+ win seasons. All of that was a long way from the current "57, 58, 59, who cares. We're focused on the playoffs."

It's been a great RIDE. Ready for anything now. No matter what happens over the next two months, this team is in a good place, with prospects for the future and a solid chance at a great present. Thanks for the ride fellow RR citizens. Looking forward to the coming weeks with y'all.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Good solid win. Obama sending pre-game video message to Wade a little much.
    I think im gonna puke. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Wow, 57 wins with Kawhi playing part time, injuries all over the place, minute management, a new coach, new lineups every other night..... impressive season. I remember when 57 wins seemed an impossibility for this organization and now, well, it's not even worth a remark. No one cares. It's too bad in a way. What an achievement for this group of players. They deserve credit for this that they will never get.

Whatever, on to the Finals....

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Playoff slogan is "Whatever It Takes?"

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Wow, 57 wins with Kawhi playing part time, injuries all over the place, minute management, a new coach, new lineups every other night..... impressive season. I remember when 57 wins seemed an impossibility for this organization and now, well, it's not even worth a remark. No one cares. It's too bad in a way. What an achievement for this group of players. They deserve credit for this that they will never get.

Whatever, on to the Finals....

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Curry sprained his foot vs Pels. They wanted 2nd place bad
    damn Raps just fucked around and got it

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I still remember the first SIM I did in 2k19 and Curry got a foot injury and we won the chip is 7.

****Reverse anti-jinx soup poured over my shoulder

And how 2k official sim said we win the chip

****Spun around 12 times both directions and drowned a lamb in salt

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Man, I remember game 82 from last year vividly. That was my thread and it. went. south.

Sure was a different script tonight — and hopefully that’ll be the case going forward. Beauty of a game to send us into the postseason. We got the potential to do something special.

No more going south, so to speak.
    Only onwards and upwards.
    We the mothafuckin North.
    Let’s go.
    I was so mad at Bam, then he gets us Kawhi and I'm like damn, give him a GoDaddy commercial.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Man, I remember game 82 from last year vividly. That was my thread and it. went. south.

Sure was a different script tonight — and hopefully that’ll be the case going forward. Beauty of a game to send us into the postseason. We got the potential to do something special.

No more going south, so to speak.
    Only onwards and upwards.
    We the mothafuckin North.
    Let’s go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X