X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Game 7 vs Golden State. The Great One. It was written. This is why we've read 15,937 of your posts. This moment.

The Endgame.
    That scenario is the only scenario where i would consider a comeback.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Never say never i guess. But right now i'm officially retired. As great as i am i'm not gonna pull a Mayweather and return. #TBE
    Game 7 vs Golden State. The Great One. It was written. This is why we've read 15,937 of your posts. This moment.

The Endgame.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Love the tally Dan. Keon and I are the old vets who used to be All-Stars but are now here to mentor the young guns. We can still get it done if we have to. We're here if you need us.
    We are the glue guys, the vetty vets, with the old men at the YMCA post game

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Never say never i guess. But right now i'm officially retired. As great as i am i'm not gonna pull a Mayweather and return. #TBE

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If the playoffs go as deep as we all hope (and we don't just sweep every series), we've got a few other smaller sample solid performers to fall back on as the occasional losses pile up. Joey and Keon both had good records in a few games, and then basically anyone else who got a win can step in (sorry Demo, planetmars and Goldblum, it just can't be risked).
    Love the tally Dan. Keon and I are the old vets who used to be All-Stars but are now here to mentor the young guns. We can still get it done if we have to. We're here if you need us.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Stay thirsty my friend
    3 growlers ready to go ..... probably won't need them all but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Load management is over .....

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    For the scoreboard watchers, not sure that this is official yet but here’s the GSW/NOP lineup report for tonight per the GSW SBNation site.

Injuries: Anthony Davis (back) is probable and Stanley Johnson(ankle), Frank Jackson (concussion), Trevon Bluiett (thumb), Darius Miller (thigh), E’Twaun Moore(quadricep) and Jrue Holiday(abdominal) are out for the Pelicans.

Andre Iguodala (toe), Andrew Bogut (rest), Kevin Durant (rest) and Damian Jones (pectoral) are out for the Warriors.
    I should call the Pelicans, might have to chance to crack the roster tonight

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    T Rex would come in here and brag about his record and how superior he is, but his head is now too big to fit inside the thread
    Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Apr 9, 2019, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    For the scoreboard watchers, not sure that this is official yet but here’s the GSW/NOP lineup report for tonight per the GSW SBNation site.

Injuries: Anthony Davis (back) is probable and Stanley Johnson(ankle), Frank Jackson (concussion), Trevon Bluiett (thumb), Darius Miller (thigh), E’Twaun Moore(quadricep) and Jrue Holiday(abdominal) are out for the Pelicans.

Andre Iguodala (toe), Andrew Bogut (rest), Kevin Durant (rest) and Damian Jones (pectoral) are out for the Warriors.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    OK, so here's the game thread performance this year.
    GT Starter Wins Losses Win%
    inthepaint 1 0 1
    Scraptor 9 2 0.818182
    Trex 9 2 0.818182
    Jclaw 8 2 0.8
    bertarapsfan 7 2 0.777778
    consmap 6 2 0.75
    MixxAOR 8 3 0.727273
    Joey 2 1 0.666667
    KeonClark 2 1 0.666667
    DanH 1 1 0.5
    Zainab 1 1 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    Maury 2 2 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    planetmars 0 1 0
    Demographic Shift 0 1 0
    Goldblum 0 2 0

inthepaint is obviously in for a game 1 start if he wins - can't be breaking that win streak - and drops into that middle mess of .500 teams if he loses.

We've got some obvious big hitters here: Scraptor and JClaw both had incredible years. Same goes for bertarapsfan, consmap and MixxAOR.

TRex was basically unbeatable, except that at the end of his 2nd win streak, he failed to even create a game thread, leading directly and irrefutably to a loss. That loss is assigned to TRex above (showing how dominant he was when he actually started a thread). I'm conflicted here. Can TRex be trusted with playoff game threads? I'd say no... But in the spirit of load management, is the performance when he does play more important than the game he didn't show up for? Maybe TRex should be our ace in the hole - break glass in case of emergency, about to be eliminated option.

If the playoffs go as deep as we all hope (and we don't just sweep every series), we've got a few other smaller sample solid performers to fall back on as the occasional losses pile up. Joey and Keon both had good records in a few games, and then basically anyone else who got a win can step in (sorry Demo, planetmars and Goldblum, it just can't be risked).
    Nice work with this, as always Dan. Wouldn’t want this done any other way.

DAMN! Looking at the strength we got up top I’m feeling very confident. Inthepaint with a fantastic regular season closer leading the way? Nicely done. And then followed by Scraptor, JClaw, Berta, Consmap and Mixx???? That crew is as strong and well balanced as the Raptors squad we gather here to support. We. Look. Good.

My vote, unlike Keon, would be to have Mixx in the mix. 8&3 is a strong showing over a fairly large sample size and his threads are dope. After that it drops off significantly with respect to the rest of us.

TRex... I agree with the break glass in case of emergency theory here. Hopefully he won’t be necessary on our march towards victory. (I suspect he’ll feel the same.)

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied

Prove what? He can lead a team to 37 wins, unlike those 36 or less win garbage teams?
    lol as if the "prove em" line has ever been about team success. Wiggins will spend the game planning his vacation, KAT will try to drop 50 cause someone called him overrated in that player poll.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I have an incredible winning percentage on games I drink beer.....almost all of them
    Stay thirsty my friend

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Game 82, aka, Kawhi's last practice.....

Well, he's gladly put a lot of pressure on himself, so Kawhi.....let's see what you've got.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

This has become one of my favorite annual traditions, thanks Dan.

Scaptor and JClaw are there every year it seems like. Consistent. I think consmap usually preforms well also. And what a rookie year by berta. They have to be our go to guys when inthepaint gets knocked out of the paint.

I'm conflicted with Mixx, I love his posts but you gotta draw the line somewhere, and the other 4 are on a 60+ win pace. Mixx was "only" on a 57 win pace. I think 4 is the key after (or IF) our final win streak dies out. 4= the amount of losses it takes to be eliminated in a round, so in theory they all get a crack at saving a series.

TRex, while I admire his GDT performance, can go AWOL at any moment. I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving him the keys to this high performance engine.
    Nows my chance to prove if im a Micheal Carter Williams or a Damian Lillard. Im honored

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    great reflection on the season got me feeling nostalgic on the season. minus the 4 year old I don't got one of those.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X