Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

GAME 1, 2019 Playoffs, Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors, 5pm EST, Sportsnet One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Missed the game. What happened in the second quarter? Why are the top guys playing 33 minutes?

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Kyle Lowry doesn't wait for the offseason to take vacation


        Comment


        • --I got hit but the ugly head of the Game 1 curse again. Over to you for the next thread @Scraptor.

          --Said this on the the front page, but wanna ask here too: Is Kawhi on some kind of minute restriction or something? Why a coach would wait 6 minutes into the 4th on a neck-and-neck game to put your best player back in is beyond me. Reeks of a rookie coach too caught up on spreadsheets.

          --Someone please tell Kyle that just because you're the 3rd/4th scoring option within the starters and you don't need to go for 20 anymore, doesn't mean you can't go the whole game without a bucket. There's a difference. We know he can do everything else out there, time to get in bed with his shooting coach, forget about other shit in practice and start building some muscle memory back from 3.

          --An old coach once told me: there are usually 3 tell-tale signs of a nervous team: Turnovers, missed free throws, and missed defensive assignments (because the D is when a nervous player takes a mental break before his next offensive possession). Raptors didn't have a ton of turnovers, but they sure missed a lot of free throws and had some surprising blown coverages on D, especially by their guards. Looked like a bit of the yips to me. Hopefully this L will jolt them and they'll come out spitting fire next one

          Comment


          • Lmao Bron left the east and the Raptors signed a superstar just for Kyle Lowry to let them down again lmaoooooo

            Comment


            • Kyle sent out Pascal for the press,

              this is sad

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post
                Missed the game. What happened in the second quarter? Why are the top guys playing 33 minutes?
                A mixture of sloppy offense and raptors bricking open 3s. Bench gave away momentum when quarter started.
                "Stay steamy"

                - Kobe

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post

                  Again he was a +11. Team high. DJ went off, but some of that was not when Lowry was on the floor. And yeah Lowry needs to do better.. he's not blameless but he's not the reason we lost.
                  DJ Augustin was +5, so guess what? Kyle outplayed DJ! Don't do this to yourself, PM. It's not worth it.

                  I'm at the point of just laughing this one off as some weird Raptor karma and being pissed that we're now going to need 6 or even 7 games to vanquish these guys. I accept that Lowry randomly gets the yips in big games and hasn't played real defense in like 4 years. It is what it is. We should be able to overcome that.

                  However, Nurse only playing Kawhi 33 minutes was more concerning... that's totally in your control. Letting him cool off on the bench while the Magic built a lead, especially when Kawhi started the game looking like he was gonna drop a 40 piece.

                  Comment


                  • This game really hurts...Miscommunication on last play say;s something about preparation and understanding of roles and responsibilities. How could they let him shoot? Let's hope it's a wake-up call. Augustin goes for 25, 12 years in the league. Our point guard gets 0 points. Total embarrassment.

                    Comment


                    • Zainab wrote: View Post
                      Kyle Lowry doesn't wait for the offseason to take vacation

                      "Wow. Look at that 7-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio!" ---- A.I., SR, KeonClark, Scraptor, DanH, Barolt,....

                      Comment


                      • There was a long stretch that Van Vleet guarded Fournier and the magic streaky shooter basically man handled the miniature back up guard.

                        Masai fired Casey for not adjusting but Nurse was even worse. Ffs how can you allow a back up player with his size defend a starting 2 guard who can nail threes???

                        Raptors were up by 8 but Nurse load manage the minutes of both Green and Kawhi. De ja vu of so many regular season games (with no scheduled game the next day). Still understandable then but for him to continue this shit in the playoffs is just Dumb.

                        I just wanted to know what exactly his success rate of his after time out plays?

                        Playing Kawhi 33 minutes at home/ first game of a series with so many days rested prior is fucking Idiotic.

                        Casey would feel way better now.

                        I cannot believe until now why Masai hired this G league coach

                        Comment


                        • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                          This game really hurts...Miscommunication on last play say;s something about preparation and understanding of roles and responsibilities. How could they let him shoot? Let's hope it's a wake-up call. Augustin goes for 25, 12 years in the league. Our point guard gets 0 points. Total embarrassment.
                          And it was against possibly our best two defenders.
                          "Stay steamy"

                          - Kobe

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            DJ Augustin was +5, so guess what? Kyle outplayed DJ! Don't do this to yourself, PM. It's not worth it.

                            I'm at the point of just laughing this one off as some weird Raptor karma and being pissed that we're now going to need 6 or even 7 games to vanquish these guys. I accept that Lowry randomly gets the yips in big games and hasn't played real defense in like 4 years. It is what it is. We should be able to overcome that.

                            However, Nurse only playing Kawhi 33 minutes was more concerning... that's totally in your control. Letting him cool off on the bench while the Magic built a lead, especially when Kawhi started the game looking like he was gonna drop a 40 piece.
                            This game was ours to win, but the guys with all that playoff experience could not make plays in the clutch whereas the guys with no playoff experience do...Fucking awful game by Lowry and Nurse (Kawhi 33 mins).

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X