GAME 1, 2019 Playoffs, Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors, 5pm EST, Sportsnet One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Usually these days, Appendectomies are done laparoscopic meaning very small incision guided with ultrasound to remove the appendix.

only when there is abscess or perforation that appendectomies are done as an open surgery.

so recovery is very short for Lap AP. But as an athlete playing a very strenuous sport, may take a bit more time.

2nd round or finals most likely.

heal well OG
    Bargnani in his rookie year had the same thing. He returned to light practice after a week but it took him a whole month until he started playing again.

Let's hope OG superior athletics makeup gets him back much sooner.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Bargnani in his rookie year had the same thing. He returned to light practice after a week but it took him a whole month until he started playing again.

Let's hope OG superior athletics makeup gets him back much sooner.
      Bargnani was also a big pussy so there's that
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
        Meh not really that big a loss.
        It's a huge loss if it extends to the 2nd round and beyond when the margin of error gets way more thin

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

It's a huge loss if it extends to the 2nd round and beyond when the margin of error gets way more thin
          He should be ready to go when we play the Sixers in the 2nd round.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            I assume this means one of Lin, Meeks or Miller will see some run. I hope it’s Miller
            Narrator: it wasnt.

Comment

Tough break for OG, but we should have a deep run and he'll hopefully be able to be back. This is significant since we were already thin at the PF spot, but I think it can be mitigated with Kawhi & Ibaka seeing some time there, as well as well as likely more time for Norm.

That said, I think they might give minutes now to a player that wouldn't see much time otherwise, so that the rotation remains hovering at 8-9. My personal preference would be Miller. He won't be as good a defender as OG (though he's long, and certainly no slouch on the defensive end), but I think in terms of shooting, he would be just as effective.

Another good thing about Miller is that he's a non-gambling player. According to Nurse he's not mistake prone, and basically stays in his lane, doesn't force his game, but will knock down open looks, and give good effort on defence. Basically, he'll defend and space the floor without trying to be a hero, and to me that's exactly the kind of player we need as our 9th guy. It won't be him though. Meeks probably fits this criteria as well, but he's further removed from OG's position.
              Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Apr 12, 2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                damn

Man, what a nightmare season for OG. However, OG is by far and away our worst rotation player by PIPM - nobody else is even close. And he's been extremely unreliable shooting the 3 and a turnover machine, so I hate to use the term "blessing in disguise", but it takes the pressure off Nurse to have to use OG.

I hope this means we see more PT for Meek(s)-Mill(er), but Nurse is probably going to go with Lin, or McCaw when he returns.

Comment

Teams usually just use 8 players in the playoffs. Starting 5 + VV, Ibaka, Powell.

Again, not that big a deal.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't mind McCaw getting minutes in the first round to see how he goes. He was playing well before he went down with the thumb injury.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                      I don't mind McCaw getting minutes in the first round to see how he goes. He was playing well before he went down with the thumb injury.
                      McCaw is hurt too.. according to the press release:
                      https://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors/...-injury-update

... he's expected to wear a splint for 3 weeks (as of March 30th) and will then be re-evaluated. So that's all of next week at a minimum. I don't see him in round 1 unless it goes 6 or 7 games.

Comment

I vote Meeks as OG's replacement. Meeks is a pro.

I love Miller but he's still a bit green. Would rather have Meeks get the playing time.

Absolutely no way do I want to see Lin out there.. he's garbage. And Norm worries me. He's so damn inconsistent.

Comment

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            "Let's throw him in there for 2 minutes to see what he can do"
                            - Dwayne Casey, May 7 2018.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

"Let's throw him in there for 2 minutes to see what he can do"
                              - Dwayne Casey, May 7 2018.
                              that should be engraved on his rock in the basement of the ACC
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

The old saying 'Bad things happen in 3's' certainly applies to OG. He's a young, strong and tough...2 weeks max. Get well OG, The team will take care of business while your away.

Comment

Working...
                                X