No announcement yet.

GAME 1, 2019 Playoffs, Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors, 5pm EST, Sportsnet One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of the talk from the Gasol trade is people debating JV > < Gasol...

Bet Delon’s defense might’ve had a chance of slowing the mighty DJ Augustine.

(Then again... maybe we would’ve played CJ.. so it all balances out I guess.)

Comment

• You all are incredible. We knew Orlando would do all the little things well, and play sound basketball. Raps took away two of the biggest threats well in Vuc and Ross, but got torched by nonshooters, unlucky. I still like the gameplan of leaving those guys open, cause they need the help on the glass, but need to be sound. Too many people contesting, not enough boxouts. Story for the Raps yesterday, too loose. I expected the team to click a bit better, but they lacked many of the fundementals, lazy passes, blown coverages, lazy transition defense, missed box outs etc.

Even with all that it was a 3 pt game, it truly is a make or miss league. Id have to rewatch to know for sure but it seemed like Magic overly rely on their long athletic wings to close out fast on shooters and Raps tried to counter by driving, but Magic pack the paint so much your options are kick it out and try again or shoot a midrange. Wouldnt mind more sidestep 3s or setting up a few feet farther back, gotta do something to open the court up a bit more.

I give Lowry one or two more games before I call for his head

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        A lot of the talk from the Gasol trade is people debating JV > < Gasol...

Bet Delon’s defense might’ve had a chance of slowing the mighty DJ Augustine.

(Then again... maybe we would’ve played CJ.. so it all balances out I guess.)
        I don't think Delon Wright would have even been playing.

My big question marks from yesterday are:

1. Why the hell aren't Leonard, Green, Gasol, Lowry (as bad as he was) playing ~40 minutes? The approach was way too casual. Especially in that second quarter.

2. They went on that big 20-2 run but, and here's the issue, they slipped from 7th gear to about 3rd or 4th right away. This team is having issues sustaining a high level effort/execution for more than a few minutes.

3. EOG execution. Defensive lapses/breakdowns, turnovers, etc. Can they fix that?

Comment

• How do you attach / include a Tweet? Using Upload buttons don't seem to work?

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
            How do you attach / include a Tweet? Using Upload buttons don't seem to work?
            [ tweet ] link to tweet [/tweet]
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

[ tweet ] link to tweet [/tweet]
              Thank-you kind Sir

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote:
                no need for space in first [ tweet ] i wrote it like that so that it doesn't think it's a tweet

Comment

• that video of him shooting is not from this year.

Comment

• Cant't wait for McCaw to come back and save us. Guy doesn't even need 2 thumbs get him out their on the all star D'J Augustine.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I don't think Delon Wright would have even been playing.

My big question marks from yesterday are:

1. Why the hell aren't Leonard, Green, Gasol, Lowry (as bad as he was) playing ~40 minutes? The approach was way too casual. Especially in that second quarter.

2. They went on that big 20-2 run but, and here's the issue, they slipped from 7th gear to about 3rd or 4th right away. This team is having issues sustaining a high level effort/execution for more than a few minutes.

3. EOG execution. Defensive lapses/breakdowns, turnovers, etc. Can they fix that?
                            Everything you're complaining about relates to Nurse's "relaxed" approach that the players were just raving about a couple days ago. Clifford, Pop and Casey are more of the old school 'drilling home those habits' type of coaches. I've been concerned about laissez faire approach all season and at least for one game, the disciplinarian style won out. The Magic looked crisp and well prepared. The Raptors have taken on Nurse's laid back persona.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Everything you're complaining about relates to Nurse's "relaxed" approach that the players were just raving about a couple days ago. Clifford, Pop and Casey are more of the old school 'drilling home those habits' type of coaches. I've been concerned about laissez faire approach all season and at least for one game, the disciplinarian style won out. The Magic looked crisp and well prepared. The Raptors have taken on Nurse's laid back persona.
                              I mean, even when Casey's "old school" type of coaching we didn't exactly look prepared in the playoffs the last couple of years either
                              OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post

I mean, even when Casey's "old school" type of coaching we didn't exactly look prepared in the playoffs the last couple of years either
                                lol. I'm the last person on this board to defend Casey. Nurse was supposed to bring superior in-game adjustments, but it didn't look like it slowed down DJ freakin' Augustin. We'll see how the freewheeling approach works out. I still think it's Raps in 6ix.

Comment

Working...
                                X