Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday April 16th 8pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    something concerning is magics best player didn't even have good game. while kawhi and Siakam played well. I didn't think we'd lose a game when vucevic, Ross and Fournier all didn't have particularly good games.
    Game 2 will be completely different. Somebody else will light it up for Magic. Raps gotta come out collectively better. People focus on Lowry rightfully so but Ibaka, FVV, Powell weren't world beaters out there either. FVV got lit up. Powell was there. Ibaka couldn't set a screen to save his life.
    All man. All amazing.

    Comment


    • #17
      bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      something concerning is magics best player didn't even have good game. while kawhi and Siakam played well. I didn't think we'd lose a game when vucevic, Ross and Fournier all didn't have particularly good games.
      We resorted to our new offense, chucking threes and the coach just trusted that those will fall (instead of running more inside plays at 2nd Q). They didn't, we lost the game. For me, the main concern is Nurse and Lowry.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

      Comment


      • #18
        RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        We resorted to our new offense, chucking threes and the coach just trusted that those will fall (instead of running more inside plays at 2nd Q). They didn't, we lost the game.
        Only kawhi and Pascal can score inside. There's nobody else. We live and die with threes. Raps are kind of soft jump shooting team now. We either win that way or lose. Forcing issue inside is not gonna work for Raps
        All man. All amazing.

        Comment


        • #19
          Nick Nurse has a custom "nn" Nike hat? That's ... neat?

          Comment


          • #20
            All man. All amazing.

            Comment


            • #21
              MixxAOR wrote: View Post

              Only kawhi and Pascal can score inside. There's nobody else. We live and die with threes. Raps are kind of soft jump shooting team now. We either win that way or lose. Forcing issue inside is not gonna work for Raps
              True and that's my issue with the trade as we used to have legit plan B in JV and a player, who could take it to the rim in Wright. I just don't trust these Raptors to be GSW and Houston in these playoffs. That's my main concern. I don't think we can afford to be a one trick pony team.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

              Comment


              • #22
                RandomGuy wrote: View Post

                True and that's my issue with the trade as we used to have legit plan B in JV and a player, who could take to the rim in Wright. I just don't trust these Raptors to be GSW and Houston in these playoffs. That's my main concern. I don't think we can afford to be a one trick pony team.
                Yeah agree. Playstyle is soft af. Not enough variety. Orlando also shot more FTs because Raps don't really drive inside. This is who we are rooting for though. Oh well
                All man. All amazing.

                Comment


                • #23
                  All man. All amazing.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    something concerning is magics best player didn't even have good game. while kawhi and Siakam played well. I didn't think we'd lose a game when vucevic, Ross and Fournier all didn't have particularly good games.
                    Everybody did their jobs except our two small guards. Augustine is no giant either, but he alone managed to out play our diminishing duo. Lowry's 0 - 7 FG's and 0 - 2 FT's is one of the biggest playoff disappearing acts of all time given his All-Star, contract status..

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      RandomGuy wrote: View Post

                      True and that's my issue with the trade as we used to have legit plan B in JV and a player, who could take it to the rim in Wright. I just don't trust these Raptors to be GSW and Houston in these playoffs. That's my main concern. I don't think we can afford to be a one trick pony team.
                      We rarely see our bigs getting an easy dunk on a PnR or a guard drive and dish. Our 2 point guards are not quick enough to get to the bucket and our bigs are either at 3pt line or elbow for a jumper. These are easy buckets that other teams routinely get vs Raps or draw fouls.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Zak24gege wrote: View Post

                        We rarely see our bigs getting an easy dunk on a PnR or a guard drive and dish. Our 2 point guards are not quick enough to get to the bucket and our bigs are either at 3pt line or elbow for a jumper. These are easy buckets that other teams routinely get vs Raps or draw fouls.
                        Or putbacks and tip-ins... because our bigs can't rebound.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I am zen in my den....
                          Big Raptor win incoming.....sucks to have a few days off right now

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Toronto Raptors, who lost to the Orlando MagicSaturday night, 104-101. The Raptors did plenty of things well. They shot better than their opponents, they committed only one more turnover, they had a higher assist rate, true shooting percentage, and effective field goal rate.

                            But they still lost.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Toronto Raptors, who lost to the Orlando MagicSaturday night, 104-101. The Raptors did plenty of things well. They shot better than their opponents, they committed only one more turnover, they had a higher assist rate, true shooting percentage, and effective field goal rate.

                                But they still lost.
                                FT's favoured Magic...+9
                                Last edited by Zak24gege; Sun Apr 14th, 2019, 05:47 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X