Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday April 16th 8pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You've taken your lumps plenty on that comment since last night haha
    lol. And it's a situation where you are thrilled to be wrong. Like I said.... gonna take it to the next level when we need it. But hey, you agreed with it, IIRC.

Comment

• Not sure why we are still talking about this. Game 1 is old news.

But anyway I don't get how you can blame Lowry for that game 1 loss. He shit the bed scoring wise.. but was not the reason we lost. The guys that need to get all the blame were a) Fred and b) Nurse.

Fred was a -16. Kawhi played only 33 minutes. Kyle only had 34. That's why we lost.

Lowry scoring would have helped. But just like Gasol missing the open corner 3 or Kawhi airballing the final 3.. those would have helped too. But the reason we gave up the huge lead and lost in the end was because of Fred and Nurse.

Comment

• In my view Lowry will most likely average around 14, which is the average for his career. Siakam is currently averaging 17, and has the ability to creep up to 20, as there's still room to grow there. So in terms of purely putting the ball in the bucket, I think we're looking at Siakam as the second highest scorer on the team. Lowry will have 20+ games here and there, but he will also have games in single digits. Games like these past 2 are outliers on different extremes, and realistically most of his games will come somewhere in between. A lot of it will depend on what the other team is doing too of course (what the defence is giving you)

And tbh, I like that opponents have to guess a bit who they have to pay attention to other then Kawhi. Any of our starters can go off if the opposing D neglects them, and that's a strength. You won't have 5 of them going off at the same time though, even though they're all capable of it. I think Green is due to light up soon.

Comment

• Danny was off offensively. Felt like I was watching Patrick Patterson there. Hesitant on his shot. Couldn't even get a layup down. Orlando did a good job denying him any clean looks but he was still off. Maybe they remembered how he went 5/5 from 3 in our last regular season game.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Danny was off offensively. Felt like I was watching Patrick Patterson there. Hesitant on his shot. Couldn't even get a layup down. Orlando did a good job denying him any clean looks but he was still off. Maybe they remembered how he went 5/5 from 3 in our last regular season game.
            Well, there you go. I think sometimes people momentarily forget that the other team is not just a CPR dummy waiting for you to do stuff to it. In the playoffs they will actively try to take things away, and sometimes guys will have off games because of that. Like, Green & Vucevic didn't all of sudden forget how to play, it's just there's an active 3D chess behind the scenes trying to neutralize them. That's way playoffs are an exciting time, even though you play the same opponent, every game can look dramatically different.

Comment

Danny was off offensively. Felt like I was watching Patrick Patterson there. Hesitant on his shot. Couldn't even get a layup down. Orlando did a good job denying him any clean looks but he was still off. Maybe they remembered how he went 5/5 from 3 in our last regular season game.
              Maybe his thumb injury messed up his rhythm.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. And it's a situation where you are thrilled to be wrong. Like I said.... gonna take it to the next level when we need it. But hey, you agreed with it, IIRC.
                I didn't commit to as hard as you. And my name isnt attached to an easily pulled quote. Its all you buddy

*backs away slowly*
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Ya they have been really working to take away Danny. But ill live with that if thats the guy they want to shut down. We have too many options if they start to send doubles to kawhi now danny and gasol are going to rain down the 3s.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Well, there you go. I think sometimes people momentarily forget that the other team is not just a CPR dummy waiting for you to do stuff to it.
                    Thought I was on the wrong website for a second there ....

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya they have been really working to take away Danny. But ill live with that if thats the guy they want to shut down. We have too many options if they start to send doubles to kawhi now danny and gasol are going to rain down the 3s.
                      Yeah, this is the end goal with a shooter like Danny. Scoring a bunch of points is great, but if you can get the opposition to refuse to help off a role player, your offence is going to absolutely take off even if they don't get a single point from there on in.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let's get this one raps, magic stole game one.

Comment

• This is awesome. Thanks for doing it Hogie. I'm pumped for tomorrow.

Comment

• I kid you not....I totally thought this was just made up for tomorrow’s game 2. I couldn’t believe the passion people were putting into those posts. Good times.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              I kid you not....I totally thought this was just made up for tomorrow’s game 2. I couldn’t believe the passion people were putting into those posts. Good times.
                              Haha it might be kinda fun to watch the game and read this thread in real time
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Love that I had (and abandoned) the idea to copy & paste Scraps' original post from here into a new thread for tomorrow...

But not to simply reply to the end of the original thread...

You're a genius, Hogie.

It's minds like yours that are gonna get us through this pandemic.

As well as, just maybe, depending on how these next few weeks play out on TSN and SN...

Deliver us our very first Raptor Championship.

Keep this man safe, folks.

Orlando Game 2 -- alright --

(you can take your clothes off if you wish ... but please stay indoors.)

((I may not be a doctor but my namesake played one on screen.))

GO RAPS

Comment

Working...
                                X