Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game 2, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday April 16th 8pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Either way were not playing Detroit, were playing Orlando and we've got our hands full. Once again Lowry and the Raptors have there backs against the wall, and without exaggeration now the biggest game 2 in team history. If we somehow lost this series, Kawhi would leave, and hell masai might too.
    Yup! Huge game. I'm pretty sure the probability of winning series after losing first two is very low. The series will essentially be over. Kawhi will leave and I can see the Lakers offer looking more enticing to Masai.
    "Stay steamy"

    - Kobe

    Comment


    • #62
      KeonClark wrote: View Post

      Without Blake?
      If a lottery team (+1 all-star sweeps us) then what it says about us rather than them. We have a great team (talent) but just makes you think that something's not working that well gameplan/chemistry/style of play wise.
      Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Apr 15th, 2019, 06:18 AM.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

      Comment


      • #63
        Those Piston games don't matter. What matters is not showing the urgency the playoffs deserve. Nurse on down need to do their job and blast these teams off the floor. You want to take it easy? Sweep them and rest. LeBron teach them nothing?

        Comment


        • #64
          Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
          Those Piston games don't matter. What matters is not showing the urgency the playoffs deserve. Nurse on down need to do their job and blast these teams off the floor. You want to take it easy? Sweep them and rest. LeBron teach them nothing?
          I said it a while ago that Raptors missed the opportunity to be playing at their best come playoff time. Much of that had to do with injuries which could not be helped, but what could have been helped was for their starting unit to be playing together as much as possible. Instead Nurse spent the entire season tinkering instead of letting them build chemistry.

          And instead of focusing on being better defensively which should have been the calling card of this Raptors team with the personnel they have, he focused on ..what exactly? Celtics and Bucks suffocated their first round opponents, and I'm not just a bit envious. Not losing faith in this squad, but definitely feel like we missed the opportunity to be the best we could entering the playoffs.

          Comment


          • #65
            nice pics....and now we break out the Raps secret weapon ....... game 2

            Comment


            • #66
              Last edited by A.I; Mon Apr 15th, 2019, 09:19 AM.
              Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

              Comment


              • #67
                I'm personally worried at our final chances, round 1, not that much. Looking at this squad, at our current performance/stage as it is, realistically and unbiased doesn't boost confidence or optimism.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                Comment


                • #68
                  RandomGuy wrote: View Post

                  I'm personally worried at our final chances, round 1, not that much. Looking at this squad, at our current performance/stage as it is, realistically and unbiased doesn't boost confidence or optimism.
                  Our finals chances were never guaranteed. Bucks will be a tough matchup.

                  Not every team that looks good win every series. Magic come to mind, 2010 they swept the Bobcats and absolutely destroyed the Hawks then lost in the ECF to the Celtics.
                  Last edited by A.I; Mon Apr 15th, 2019, 09:41 AM.
                  Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    It's the Raptor fan way. Over react after both wins and losses....blame the low hanging fruit when there's a ton of factors
                    Orlando has the same record as the Raptors since Jan1, not a small sample size at all. Need to take game two....and they will.

                    We'll get angry (good) Lowry and a statement game from Kawhi.,

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      G__Deane wrote: View Post

                      It's the Raptor fan way. Over react after both wins and losses....blame the low hanging fruit when there's a ton of factors
                      Orlando has the same record as the Raptors since Jan1, not a small sample size at all. Need to take game two....and they will.

                      We'll get angry (good) Lowry and a statement game from Kawhi.,
                      You become a Raptors fan over the years. This comes with having certain rational and legit fears when there IS a pattern, which repeats itself. So yeah, we can only expect and hope, but then, again, comes the disappointment so you're always alert in order not to fool yourself again.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Yeah lets wait for Game 2 or Game 3 before making any proclamations.
                        All man. All amazing.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                          Kawhi is overrated if they lose to Magic. I don't care about role players (yeah Lowry at this point too). You're Top 5 player you're supposed to beat Magic.
                          Kawhi isn't Lebron or Durant. He can't score at will, or make players around him better with his passing. He needs a great coach, system and supporting cast to help him. He had Pop, Duncan and Parker in 2014. Now he's got Nurse, Gasol and playoff Lowry. That's a serious downgrade.

                          If people were expecting Kawhi to win games by himself, then yeah, he's overrated. But they shouldn't be expecting that. And if Nurse can't call a timeout to get him in the game, then what's Kawhi supposed to do... sub himself in?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            This is the same sense of entitlement mentality that the team is playing with. It doesn't matter what you did 4,5,6 years ago. You're only as good as your last game. Who was coaching those 2 championship players, btw. That's kind of an important factor, no?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              golden wrote: View Post

                              Kawhi isn't Lebron or Durant. He can't score at will, or make players around him better with his passing. He needs a great coach, system and supporting cast to help him. He had Pop, Duncan and Parker in 2014. Now he's got Nurse, Gasol and playoff Lowry. That's a serious downgrade.

                              If people were expecting Kawhi to win games by himself, then yeah, he's overrated. But they shouldn't be expecting that. And if Nurse can't call a timeout to get him in the game, then what's Kawhi supposed to do... sub himself in?
                              Then he's not Top 5 player. Shit he's not To 10 player if he's that.
                              All man. All amazing.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                golden wrote: View Post

                                This is the same sense of entitlement mentality that the team is playing with. It doesn't matter what you did 4,5,6 years ago. You're only as good as your last game. Who was coaching those 2 championship players, btw. That's kind of an important factor, no?
                                your going to need Zantac earlier than usual...
                                raps are going to win this series...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X