Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday April 16th 8pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG is our king

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Man, if they can keep Kawhi and Kyle humming at the same time..... big things my friends, big things.
      If they can; I like the Raptors against any team in the league. I said what I said.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        And my god.. Marc Davis is so bad. Watch us get Tony Brothers in game 3. Kawhi was mauled on so many possessions and he only had 3 FTA? For real? Did anyone else start laughing out loud when Marc called that second foul on Danny instead of giving Kawhi his fourth (what a steal by the way)?
        Didnt get to watch much of the game, mostly while riding public transit. I did give the woman next to me quite a fright after that call on Danny though.

Comment

• Fuck yeah

Comment

• Some good ones out there tonight...

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
              Wonder what he was thinking? They showed him (Masai) when Kawhi was subbed out at end of game.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Some good ones out there tonight...

That is absolutely fantastic. Props to creator, super job, Kawhi-Light zone, love it

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

Hes a role player, so hes judged under a different metric. IMO he still played great on defense.
                  Yeah he was great on defense and Magic were making it tough for him to get an open catch and shoot...The team was tough and aggressive on D tonight as Magic scored only 89 points.

Comment

• Good win, makes me happy. Selfish me is saying continue making me happy.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Awesome stuff. KLOE and KLAW in the same game.. exactly what I was hoping for when we got Kawhi. Kawhi put on a Jordanesque performance. Too bad he couldn't get 40. Just so amazing. Wow.

The defensive intensity was great. When they lock in they are so tough to beat. Marc was amazing! Okay I get now why you were happy about that JV trade. Love the big fella but man Marc was just everyone on defense. Shutting down Vucevic (again). Getting deflections, blocks, steals. And was money from 3!

Siakam is so good. He just needs to hit a 3pt shot now.

Danny could not buy a bucket tonight but his defense on DJ was lights out. The Raptors essentially snuffed out the Orlando back court.

Fred was meh.. good thing he didn't cost us the game but he was bleeding points again. So glad Nurse kept Lowry in there to offset Fred's shit. Serge was his usual awkward self. Can't get too mad. He did his job. Norm was still bad but he hit a 3! Good to see Meeks get more run over other guys although he was ineffective today.

And my god.. Marc Davis is so bad. Watch us get Tony Brothers in game 3. Kawhi was mauled on so many possessions and he only had 3 FTA? For real? Did anyone else start laughing out loud when Marc called that second foul on Danny instead of giving Kawhi his fourth (what a steal by the way)?

So good.. best game of the season and it was in the playoffs. Complete win.. end to end.

We're winning this in 5. Raptors aren't giving this one away now.
                      Can't agree more. Our stars played like stars and in Kawhi's case like a superstar. The play when 2 Magic players came out to put pressure on Kawhi and he drove through the coverage and finished with a 2 handed dunk was utterly amazing to watch. He was unstoppable.

Also his was the Kyle we need to see every game. Defensively the team was great, if we straighten out the 3P shooting, this team will take us very deeeeep...
                      Last edited by Zak24gege; Wed Apr 17, 2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Man, if they can keep Kawhi and Kyle humming at the same time..... big things my friends, big things.
                        And Siakam. That was almost a picture perfect game. Just missing a few 3s, especially from a Green, but we didn’t need them.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Wonder what he was thinking? They showed him (Masai) when Kawhi was subbed out at end of game.
                          'How do I make sure Marc Davis never refs a pivotal game for us again?'
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• "Obviously the sense of urgency was at a very high level and the whole team understood that," Raptors centre Marc Gasol said. "We did a great job of executing the game plan for the get go and we played with good energy."

"It wasn’t flipping the switch, it was more being locked in on every coverage, everything we wanted to do, just being on the same page and communication," Lowry said. "Basically just making sure that we just play hard."

"(It was) just all of us buying in," Leonard said. "Just wanting to come out and win this game. We didn’t feel like we played our best basketball in Game 1, and just wanted to protect home court — really, that’s it."

I don't see a single word about "Nurse coached better" .... not one.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              "Obviously the sense of urgency was at a very high level and the whole team understood that," Raptors centre Marc Gasol said. "We did a great job of executing the game plan for the get go and we played with good energy."

"It wasn’t flipping the switch, it was more being locked in on every coverage, everything we wanted to do, just being on the same page and communication," Lowry said. "Basically just making sure that we just play hard."

"(It was) just all of us buying in," Leonard said. "Just wanting to come out and win this game. We didn’t feel like we played our best basketball in Game 1, and just wanted to protect home court — really, that’s it."

I don't see a single word about "Nurse coached better" .... not one.
                              I guess you have to ask "who created the game plan they all executed?"
                              And "who created the page everyone agreed to get on together?"
                              And "who had for sale what everyone bought into?"
                              Seems like there might have been some coaching responsibilities involved in all of that.

Somehow I don't see a bunch of players getting together after a practice and working all of that out themselves.

You know, it's not wrong to say "Nurse did an adequate job in this game." By twisting and turning to avoid giving any credit to the coach, whose job it is to create a game plan, get the players on the same page, insist on communication and get the team to buy in, you are going to tie yourself into knots.

Comment

Yeah, both of those guys playing well at the same time is the key. Kyle should be the perfect Robin to Kawhi's Batman.

Comment

Working...
                                X