Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game 3, Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Friday, April 19th 7pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    We aren't talking nearly enough about Siakam. My goodness, what a game. 30 points, and something like 20 of those were DIRECTLY in response to a Magic basket/run, reversing the momentum back in our favour just when the crowd was about to get going. This dude has

    Pascal definitely gets coffee today. Just unstoppable.

    That was one of the best Raptor playoff performances I've seen. Says so much that our star Kawhi could struggle like that and Pascal picked us up. Great for Kawhi to see too.

    Comment


    • Torassic1 wrote: View Post
      Not looking like a team going deep right now...especially with this hideous bench...
      So in years we had the best bench - bench doesn't matter. Now we have a subpar bench and all of a sudden we going to lose soon?

      Comment


      • The only reason that game was not a blowout was the refs. Seriously that was some tim donaghy shit right there. Someone made some coin last night, seemed like a desperate attempt to have the magic cover the spread. A -5.5 last i saw. Difficult to watch. Gasol has been getting whistled for ticky tack shit all series. And no other top 10 player in the league goes to the basket in a playoff game like kawhi did last night and only gets 7 fta out of it. They played better d on him I'll admit, but the zebras ignored a hell of a lot of contact. Now kawhi may have forced some drives, but you could see his bewilderment with the lack of a whistle and you gotta give him credit for continuing to play through it. Most guys would have put up a ton of jumpshots instead...like nurse said gutsy. But enough of that shit...all hail Pascal!!

        Comment


        • JawsGT wrote: View Post
          The only reason that game was not a blowout was the refs. Seriously that was some tim donaghy shit right there. Someone made some coin last night, seemed like a desperate attempt to have the magic cover the spread. A -5.5 last i saw. Difficult to watch. Gasol has been getting whistled for ticky tack shit all series. And no other top 10 player in the league goes to the basket in a playoff game like kawhi did last night and only gets 7 fta out of it. They played better d on him I'll admit, but the zebras ignored a hell of a lot of contact. Now kawhi may have forced some drives, but you could see his bewilderment with the lack of a whistle and you gotta give him credit for continuing to play through it. Most guys would have put up a ton of jumpshots instead...like nurse said gutsy. But enough of that shit...all hail Pascal!!
          Yeah this is the type of game that makes you question the integrity of refs. Itll be so much worse if the league eventually gets the share of betting revenues like they want. Thats when the league turns into the WWE and my fandom probably ends.

          Comment


          • The best part was, Siakam did it in front of McGrady lol.

            Comment


            • Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Got this little snippet from a guy on YouTube:


              "....Through 3 games Orlando has 67 free throw attempts, vs 41 for the Raptors. Orlando was 30th in the league in fta in the regular season. Toronto has more paint points and is one of the top teams in drives in the playoffs. In the first 2 games Kawhi has gotten 1 foul called on 41 drives. For comparison, DJ Augustine had more fouls called on drives than the ENTIRE Raptors squad. 5 vs 8 is real...."

              Says all you really need to know about what playing in Toronto is like. If Kawhi leaves, THIS is why he leaves.
              And should leave. Until I see Nurse blow a gasket in the 1st quarter or call out the refs in the post-game, then he doesn't deserve to coach a superstar and we can't blame the NBA Illuminati. A lot of what an NBA coach of a top contending team has to do to hold refs accountable is just BS theatrics, but Nurse looks like he doesn't want to play that game. Puts a ton of pressure on his star players to do that job for him - which we saw Lowry and Kawhi both go after Tony Brothers at the end of the game. That should never happen - it should be Nurse doing that.

              Comment


              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Next game on Easter Sunday at 7:00
                I would have preferred a day game insteady of competing with Easter, family, spiral ham and leg of lamb .... they gonna be mad
                Perfect for my clan as we typically have Easter dinner earlier around 4:30-pm to accommodate travelers. Dinner, dessert then GAME TIME with Jack-a-roo.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post

                  And should leave. Until I see Nurse blow a gasket in the 1st quarter or call out the refs in the post-game, then he doesn't deserve to coach a superstar and we can't blame the NBA Illuminati. A lot of what an NBA coach of a top contending team has to do to hold refs accountable is just BS theatrics, but Nurse looks like he doesn't want to play that game. Puts a ton of pressure on his star players to do that job for him - which we saw Lowry and Kawhi both go after Tony Brothers at the end of the game. That should never happen - it should be Nurse doing that.
                  Yall pressing this too much. It works for Pop cause hes the best coach ever, no ref is intiminated by a first year coach. And by the way, Nurse isnt sitting quietly on the sideline, hes constantly in the ear of the officials. Thatll build a lot more credibility than throwing a tantrum. Sometimes you gotta say less.

                  Comment


                  • inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    How do you post a tweet on bizarro RR again?
                    Yeah, that was kinda ironic. Now, was it more PT or playing with better players?

                    Comment


                    • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                      Yall pressing this too much. It works for Pop cause hes the best coach ever, no ref is intiminated by a first year coach. And by the way, Nurse isnt sitting quietly on the sideline, hes constantly in the ear of the officials. Thatll build a lot more credibility than throwing a tantrum. Sometimes you gotta say less.
                      You still have to speak up and say something or be demonstrative so it's blatantly obvious to the media. The more injustice we believe we're getting, the more Nurse has to stand up for the team. That's just how it is. Rookie coach or not.



                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtVwas5vVcw

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        And should leave. Until I see Nurse blow a gasket in the 1st quarter or call out the refs in the post-game, then he doesn't deserve to coach a superstar and we can't blame the NBA Illuminati. A lot of what an NBA coach of a top contending team has to do to hold refs accountable is just BS theatrics, but Nurse looks like he doesn't want to play that game. Puts a ton of pressure on his star players to do that job for him - which we saw Lowry and Kawhi both go after Tony Brothers at the end of the game. That should never happen - it should be Nurse doing that.
                        What I'd love to see is someone do an exhaustive study of the long term effects of being an aggressor like Pop, or being more passive like Nurse is now. I don't accept it as a given that really getting on a ref's case will do your team good in the long run.

                        But I will say this: that Marc Davis fiasco from the other night, I think that was directly related to the time he was escorted off the floor with security. I think that was at the top of his mind, and that he was sticking it to the fans for some personal vengeance. My personal belief is the team would see the benefit of getting better calls if everyone - coaches, players, fans - dialled the criticism back.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

                        Comment


                        • You're under impression that if Toronto "plays by the rules" they will be rewarded. NBA doesn't want us in primetime. It's too expensive and not profitable for them. They'll do whatever it takes.
                          All man. All amazing.

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            You're under impression that if Toronto "plays by the rules" they will be rewarded. NBA doesn't want us in primetime. It's too expensive and not profitable for them. They'll do whatever it takes.
                            Yep. NBA also hated San Antonio, so Pop did what he had to do to level the playing field. Otherwise Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and then Kawhi wouldn't have gotten calls.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                You're under impression that if Toronto "plays by the rules" they will be rewarded. NBA doesn't want us in primetime. It's too expensive and not profitable for them. They'll do whatever it takes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X