Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 3, Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Friday, April 19th 7pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I really thought Kawhi had put a lot on the line by constantly declaring that the playoffs were all that mattered, multiple times this year and again right before the post season started. I thought we were about to see playoff kawhi unleased.....then game 1 happened.

    Thankfully, Kawhi showed up big time in game two and I think that will be more the norm for the balance of the playoffs. Kyle is more of an enigma in terms of countable productivity, Gasol is what he is and Danny had a rare off night.

    LOts of reasons for optimism but it's time for statement wins and continued beat downs.

    Go Raps!

    Comment


    • #62
      inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Really looking forward to this game. The only thing I'm dreading is hearing Leo say "Simple basketball" or "you know you're gonna get the ball back so you can pass" or "give it to the big fella". That and his constant praising of the Magic players and being mad when they make a mistake.
      Yeah, I much prefer the Jack 'get that gawbage outta here' games although that means you also get the 'it's closing time' Rod and Leo studio segments.

      Comment


      • #63
        Some people on Magic blogs are lamenting on how tough it is to get around Gasol, and how disruptive he can be for not just interior defence but the overall flow of their offence too. Awesome. Some believe the strategy will involve Vucevic respond quicker to traps with outlet passes to the wing.

        I feel this is a game we gotta watch for Gordon/Fournier/Ross getting hot, but if we come up with nearly as much defensive intensity as Game2 and hitting our normal rate of outside shots, we'll get the W.

        Comment


        • #64
          G__Deane wrote: View Post

          LOts of reasons for optimism but it's time for statement wins and continued beat downs.

          Go Raps!
          Hell yes.

          Comment


          • #65




            Comment


            • #66
              G__Deane wrote: View Post
              What's the sign, someone is gonna quit on the team?
              -Couldn't resist ....
              Lame-o

              Comment


              • #67
                Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Raptors throwback basketball cards:

                https://m.imgur.com/a/wDXmbSk
                Those are so fucking good.

                Comment


                • #68
                  G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  I really thought Kawhi had put a lot on the line by constantly declaring that the playoffs were all that mattered, multiple times this year and again right before the post season started. I thought we were about to see playoff kawhi unleased.....then game 1 happened.

                  Thankfully, Kawhi showed up big time in game two and I think that will be more the norm for the balance of the playoffs. Kyle is more of an enigma in terms of countable productivity, Gasol is what he is and Danny had a rare off night.

                  LOts of reasons for optimism but it's time for statement wins and continued beat downs.

                  Go Raps!
                  Kyle, our Most Variable Player at least offensively had a great game 2 consistent with his all-star status. If Kyle has a similar performance in game 3, we should do fine. Orlando will exert maximum effort and one of their guys is due for an outburst. Big game for both teams.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

                    Kyle, our Most Variable Player at least offensively had a great game 2 consistent with his all-star status. If Kyle has a similar performance in game 3, we should do fine. Orlando will exert maximum effort and one of their guys is due for an outburst. Big game for both teams.
                    I think the lights went on in Game 2 for Kyle, and he realized that the key to maximizing both himself as the clear #2 (instead of the 1A) and Kawhi (as the actual #1) is for him to be himself and continue to play his aggressive style on the offensive end. In fact, I think that one of the things that Nurse's offense (with all of its options and freedom to improvise) has been designed for has been to leverage Kyle's strengths in the reading and recognizing the offense and making the right decision off of those reads. When Kyle is confident and does not hesitate, opportunities open up for everybody.

                    That being said, I'm not expecting many 30-point (or even 20-point) blowouts the rest of the way. What I do expect is a team that knows they can take any game from any team at any time, and takes the game to the opposing team as a result. Other teams can (and will) elevate their game to meet us; I don't think we've even seen Orlando's best quite yet. When the Raptors are playing their best basketball, they are very tough to beat, and I think we are seeing a team is starting to really understand what their best basketball is.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      This 55-second clip includes transition defence, elite individual defence on two different players, paint-perimeter defence switch awareness, a block, transition offence, an assist, and a box-out. For coaches (and players that watch game film), this is pure delight and the pinnacle of court vision:

                      https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...m_medium=web2x

                      The funny thing is (and kinda sad), is in real time the most noticeable thing for the average fan watching on the couch is the Siakam bucket (which is all Siakam had to do here other than run).

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          McCaw is available and nurse says he wants to get him in the game. hope we see him guard Ross in the 1st half and not let him get going. It's my boys time to shine!!!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Raptors, Leafs, and TFC all playing tonight - in addition to chocolate, batteries for remote controls might be in demand tomorrow morning

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              DanH wrote: View Post

                              Yeah, I'm intrigued to see what the Magic try tactically to free up Vooch
                              Unfortunately I think it may involve Tony Brothers.

                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                This 55-second clip includes transition defence, elite individual defence on two different players, paint-perimeter defence switch awareness, a block, transition offence, an assist, and a box-out. For coaches (and players that watch game film), this is pure delight and the pinnacle of court vision:

                                https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...m_medium=web2x

                                The funny thing is (and kinda sad), is in real time the most noticeable thing for the average fan watching on the couch is the Siakam bucket (which is all Siakam had to do here other than run).
                                Great sequence. Isn't this the guy they call "the sulking midget?" Well, not "they," there are only a few people call him that. Well, really there's only one or two "fans" that call him that. Fortunately, they are clowns so were probably just joking.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X