Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 3, Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Friday, April 19th 7pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Got this little snippet from a guy on YouTube:

"....Through 3 games Orlando has 67 free throw attempts, vs 41 for the Raptors. Orlando was 30th in the league in fta in the regular season. Toronto has more paint points and is one of the top teams in drives in the playoffs. In the first 2 games Kawhi has gotten 1 foul called on 41 drives. For comparison, DJ Augustine had more fouls called on drives than the ENTIRE Raptors squad. 5 vs 8 is real...."

Says all you really need to know about what playing in Toronto is like. If Kawhi leaves, THIS is why he leaves.
    And should leave. Until I see Nurse blow a gasket in the 1st quarter or call out the refs in the post-game, then he doesn't deserve to coach a superstar and we can't blame the NBA Illuminati. A lot of what an NBA coach of a top contending team has to do to hold refs accountable is just BS theatrics, but Nurse looks like he doesn't want to play that game. Puts a ton of pressure on his star players to do that job for him - which we saw Lowry and Kawhi both go after Tony Brothers at the end of the game. That should never happen - it should be Nurse doing that.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    The best part was, Siakam did it in front of McGrady lol.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The only reason that game was not a blowout was the refs. Seriously that was some tim donaghy shit right there. Someone made some coin last night, seemed like a desperate attempt to have the magic cover the spread. A -5.5 last i saw. Difficult to watch. Gasol has been getting whistled for ticky tack shit all series. And no other top 10 player in the league goes to the basket in a playoff game like kawhi did last night and only gets 7 fta out of it. They played better d on him I'll admit, but the zebras ignored a hell of a lot of contact. Now kawhi may have forced some drives, but you could see his bewilderment with the lack of a whistle and you gotta give him credit for continuing to play through it. Most guys would have put up a ton of jumpshots instead...like nurse said gutsy. But enough of that shit...all hail Pascal!!
    Yeah this is the type of game that makes you question the integrity of refs. Itll be so much worse if the league eventually gets the share of betting revenues like they want. Thats when the league turns into the WWE and my fandom probably ends.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    The only reason that game was not a blowout was the refs. Seriously that was some tim donaghy shit right there. Someone made some coin last night, seemed like a desperate attempt to have the magic cover the spread. A -5.5 last i saw. Difficult to watch. Gasol has been getting whistled for ticky tack shit all series. And no other top 10 player in the league goes to the basket in a playoff game like kawhi did last night and only gets 7 fta out of it. They played better d on him I'll admit, but the zebras ignored a hell of a lot of contact. Now kawhi may have forced some drives, but you could see his bewilderment with the lack of a whistle and you gotta give him credit for continuing to play through it. Most guys would have put up a ton of jumpshots instead...like nurse said gutsy. But enough of that shit...all hail Pascal!!

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Torassic1 wrote: View Post
    Not looking like a team going deep right now...especially with this hideous bench...
    So in years we had the best bench - bench doesn't matter. Now we have a subpar bench and all of a sudden we going to lose soon?

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    We aren't talking nearly enough about Siakam. My goodness, what a game. 30 points, and something like 20 of those were DIRECTLY in response to a Magic basket/run, reversing the momentum back in our favour just when the crowd was about to get going. This dude has

Pascal definitely gets coffee today. Just unstoppable.

That was one of the best Raptor playoff performances I've seen. Says so much that our star Kawhi could struggle like that and Pascal picked us up. Great for Kawhi to see too.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Stagger the minutes between Kawhi/ Kyle/ Green and limit the usage of Fred.

Benching Green and bringing him back with less than 5 minutes in the 4thQ at the most critical moment of the game in favor of Midget Fred was the most asinine coaching move ever.

Then to see Fred again back defending Ross in the dying seconds of the game was the worst optic ever.

I admit my hate towards this coach but dont be a hypocrite and not say it as you see it.

This could have been 3-0 if not of course for the zeros of Kyle or could it be also the 33 minutes of Kawhi.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

just play mccaw. FVV shouldn't be subbing in for Danny g. check norm or pat in for Danny and only play FVV minutes when Lowry on the bench. freds not giving us any offense so might as well have a good defender out there.
    The upside with Fred if they smarten up with the bench units is quite high, I wouldn’t abandon those looks just to do so.

However, in lineups where FVV is guarding Ross, I wouldn’t mind some spot McCaw minutes to defend him with length.

Certainly Lin is not the answer to anything.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

mrh, they are all pumping him up to price him outta Toronto so he will sign in the US.
    Doesn’t seem possible. The Raptors will give him the max or close to it and be happy to do so. Kind of hard to price him into a range bigger than that.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    We aren't talking nearly enough about Siakam. My goodness, what a game. 30 points, and something like 20 of those were DIRECTLY in response to a Magic basket/run, reversing the momentum back in our favour just when the crowd was about to get going. This dude has

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied

"....Through 3 games Orlando has 67 free throw attempts, vs 41 for the Raptors. Orlando was 30th in the league in fta in the regular season. Toronto has more paint points and is one of the top teams in drives in the playoffs. In the first 2 games Kawhi has gotten 1 foul called on 41 drives. For comparison, DJ Augustine had more fouls called on drives than the ENTIRE Raptors squad. 5 vs 8 is real...."

Says all you really need to know about what playing in Toronto is like. If Kawhi leaves, THIS is why he leaves.
    Orlando's number of FTs is exactly where you'd predict them to be, based on both their own FT rate, and the Raps' opponents FT rate. And to my eyes, the Raps have been very, very aggressive defensively - much more so than they were in the regular season - so I'm somewhat surprised the Magic haven't shot a few more.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think it's been a great whistle. But it's also easy to make it seem worse than it is.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Crazy numbers ....

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

Okay my bad. I was wrong about Fred playing more than Danny. Danny just needs to play more than 33 minutes.
    Correct. On both counts.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    ESPN Headline " 'He's unbelievable': Pascal Siakam's postseason star turn " followed by a game 3 article which talks about Siakam's amazing story.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ason-star-turn
    mrh, they are all pumping him up to price him outta Toronto so he will sign in the US.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X