X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executive of the Year? Who gets it?

Just read this tidbit from SI.com:

SI.com wrote:
    Trading Rudy Gay just didn't salvage Toronto's season, it also likely earned Masai Ujiri his second straight NBA Executive of the Year award, a feat no GM has ever pulled off.
    Got me thinking... could Masai really pull off Executive of the Year just for trading away players.
    Not to mention, pull it off for the 2nd straight year.. something SI.com points out, has never been done.

The haul for Bargnani has to be factored in as well.

Phoenix will likely get some attention as well, for bringing in Dragic and having so much unexpected success (would be top-4 in the EC), while also being extremely well positioned for the future (multiple 1st round picks in multiple years, as well as a ton of cap space). Maybe a consolation prize, of sorts?

Comment

Only other GM I could see winning it is Ryan McDonough (who?) of Pheonix, Rod Higgins of Charlotte or Daryl Morey of Houston.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Just read this tidbit from SI.com:

Got me thinking... could Masai really pull off Executive of the Year just for trading away players.
        Not to mention, pull it off for the 2nd straight year.. something SI.com points out, has never been done.
        Not just trading away players, but he also manufactured a bench out of nothing. None of the first six guys off the bench were here before the Rudy Gay trade.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Not just trading away players, but he also manufactured a bench out of nothing. None of the first six guys off the bench were here before the Rudy Gay trade.
          Good point. It really doesn't feel like 9 of the 15 players currently on the roster were brought in by MU. Other than Fields, the entire bench was acquired by MU, along with a couple draft picks. Even if Hansbrough, Salmons, Hayes, Novak, Stone and Buycks are only short-term filler, Vasquez, Patterson and De Colo look like decent young players.

On the other hand, crediting BC for bringing in the entire starting unit, only adds fuel to the fire of speculation as to what MU has in store for the offseason!

Comment

This whole changing your name to Joey is throwing me off. All I can hear now is

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              This whole changing your name to Joey is throwing me off. All I can hear now is

Between that guy and this guy;

The Joey's of TV-lore haven't gotten much Respect.

Comment

Guys I think will be in the running:

Ryan McDonough in Phoenix
                Masai in toronto
                Neil Oshley in Portland
                RC Buford in San Antonio
                Donnie Nelson in Dallas.

I don't think Morey gets any love in Houston because of the stories about rubbing in Howard signing to others and his difficult nature during trade negotiations (i.e. over valuing his own assets). He might be worthy but at the end of the day this is a popularity vote among GMs as well.

Comment

I can't see McDonough getting it. Not since he clearly tried to tank as hard as anybody. Hornacek deserves most of the credit there.

Who's running Washington? He could be a contender.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I can't see McDonough getting it. Not since he clearly tried to tank as hard as anybody. Hornacek deserves most of the credit there.

Who's running Washington? He could be a contender.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    Speaking of Washington am I the only person who forgets Otto Porter Jr was the 3rd (!!!!) pick in the draft? He's been injured but it's ridiculous how little he's done.

I hope Masai gets it just because the voters find him fleecing Dolan for Bargnani, then Dolan fleecing himself by not getting Lowry, extremely funny like we do.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Speaking of Washington am I the only person who forgets Otto Porter Jr was the 3rd (!!!!) pick in the draft? He's been injured but it's ridiculous how little he's done.

I hope Masai gets it just because the voters find him fleecing Dolan for Bargnani, then Dolan fleecing himself by not getting Lowry, extremely funny like we do.
                      That is why I left Higgins off. 2 straight years of bad pick: MKG and Zeller

Comment

wow. Just wow.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Mind you, 2013 was probably one of the worst drafts of our generation (next to the 2000 draft).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Masai in toronto
                            Neil Oshley in Portland
                            RC Buford in San Antonio
                            Donnie Nelson in Dallas.

I don't think Morey gets any love in Houston because of the stories about rubbing in Howard signing to others and his difficult nature during trade negotiations (i.e. over valuing his own assets). He might be worthy but at the end of the day this is a popularity vote among GMs as well.
                            It's tough because if you pick mcdonough you're basing it off moves that started like 2 years ago. But then again when you win 48 games in the western conference with a bunch of scrubs plus dragic and Bledsoe and have 4 first round picks in a loaded draft it's almost insane he doesn't get it. Right? Not to mention the hornacek hiring...
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Masai in toronto
                              Neil Oshley in Portland
                              RC Buford in San Antonio
                              Donnie Nelson in Dallas.

Oshley didn't really do anything this year to make Portland relevant again.. they just were.

Comment

Working...
                              X