Is There A Scenario -- Loul Deng edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There A Scenario -- Loul Deng edition

I've been messing with cap numbers and contract situations all day (cap numbers are not my forte)

I really believe that Loul Deng is one two pieces that could really put this team over the top.

I put this out there to my fellow republicans...how can we get him without giving up much?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

cap numbers are also not my forte but just throwing it out there that id give up derozan for deng in a heartbeat... too bad cavs have no use for him

Comment

The wear and tear on Deng's body worries me...at any price...

Think this team needs to continue to look for cheap and/or youthful options for now. FA crop is not that special this year.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        cap numbers are also not my forte but just throwing it out there that id give up derozan for deng in a heartbeat... too bad cavs have no use for him
        Please Stop it

Derozan may not be a well rounded player.. but the dude played well enough to drive his trade value up up and high. We could do so much better than a soon to be washed out Deng!

TERIIBLE TURRRIBLE suggestion my friend

Comment

1) Sign and trade with Cleveland is the only way.... unless you want to renounce Lowry and lose him for nothing.

2) Sign for an exception - Mid Level or Bi Annual or Top Up.

I'm not a fan of Deng at this stage in his career.

Comment

Also Deng is an UFA so it makes no sense. This would mean doing a S&T, and possibly that we'd be offering him a 5-year deal (which only bird rights holding team can do I believe)....No thank you. I'm worried enough about how he'd hold up for 3-4 years, let alone 5.

Comment

Im not saying it would work or anything like that, I have no idea about that... the OP just said how could we get him without giving up much and I said id be willing to give up derozan. Im not saying its a good idea to get deng, im just responding to the OP. However i think we need someone with a similar skill set in derozan's place in the future. ie: someone who plays defense, can shoot, and takes good shots.
              Last edited by Machine; Tue Apr 15, 2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                Please Stop it

Derozan may not be a well rounded player.. but the dude played well enough to drive his trade value up up and high. We could do so much better than a soon to be washed out Deng!

TERIIBLE TURRRIBLE suggestion my friend
                Im really curious to hear what you think derozan could net us.

I think he is verging on Monta Ellis territory before he went to the Mavs where yeah he gets his ppg but the whole league knows he doesn't play defense and shoots a horrible fg%.

Comment

Im really curious to hear what you think derozan could net us.

I think he is verging on Monta Ellis territory before he went to the Mavs where yeah he gets his ppg but the whole league knows he doesn't play defense and shoots a horrible fg%.
                  peep the everything derozan thread for an answer, this topic been beaten to death. But current derozan> current deng, and giving up derozan is not "without giving up much" as you said above and I'm not one to cape for demar like that either
                  "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

buckets wrote: View Post
                    peep the everything derozan thread for an answer, this topic been beaten to death. But current derozan> current deng, and giving up derozan is not "without giving up much" as you said above and I'm not one to cape for demar like that either
                    well i think we're better without derozan anyway on both offense and defense. Really the only thing we miss is his FTA's. So to me it isn't giving up much. Addition by subtraction again and if we can get a guy that fits better then great... not saying it has to be or should be luol.

I love demar, think he's a great guy, has the right attitude, great work ethic. I just don't like his game at the 2 spot for this team. I think a lot of teams probably feel the same way which is why i think we'll be somewhat disappointed in the return (because everyone here hypes the shit out of him) if/when MU actually does try to trade him.

Comment

Not interested.

Comment

well i think we're better without derozan anyway on both offense and defense. Really the only thing we miss is his FTA's. So to me it isn't giving up much. Addition by subtraction again and if we can get a guy that fits better then great... not saying it has to be or should be luol.

I love demar, think he's a great guy, has the right attitude, great work ethic. I just don't like his game at the 2 spot for this team. I think a lot of teams probably feel the same way which is why i think we'll be somewhat disappointed in the return (because everyone here hypes the shit out of him) if/when MU actually does try to trade him.
                        ya I feel you about not getting a huge return for him in a trade unless next year a GM wants to give us a first rounder and a young asset in a panic trade as its very common for GMs go get desperate at the trade deadline. But barring something like that, not being able to get good return for him reinforces that wouldn't shouldn't trade him as we won't get equal value.

Also, I see what you mean by the addition by subtraction notion as all raptors fans should understand all too well but trading rudy was a completely different situation as our offence was in complete disarray, un-watchable at times so something had to give. In this case, our offence is functioning relatively well, placing in the top 10 I believe(could be wrong) and taking a piece out like Demar could really mess with chemistry. As well as the fact the team could really struggle to score in the long-term if he is not replaced with someone with offensive ability at least approaching Demars. If you look around the league most teams have atleast one volume scorer to shoulder some of offensive pressure and help out during droughts.
                        "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

Every single trade scenario thread just becomes a DeRozan debate.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

he was a all-star as voted by coaches this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards
                            second highest scoring average among 2guards

sixth highest rebounding rate among 2 guards

eighth highest assist rate among 2 guards

12th in steals

2nd in attempted free throws

going to need a lot of addition to make up for the subtraction here. i don't know what this kid can do to not be marginalized.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Every single trade scenario thread just becomes a DeRozan debate.
                              Meh. Some posters in this forum just don't like DeRozan.

Trading DeRozan straight up for Deng is just flat out STUPID. It's laughable. It's not even worth a debate.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X