Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4, Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Sunday, April 21st 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    Right now, the refs will not ruin it big, the NBA is trying to promote its market, so it is not for the NBA sake to mess with the officiating, but If Raptors went that deep in the playoff, the officials will not hesitate for a second to hurt us. No team outside USA is supposed to win the NBA.
    If the Raptors don't let up on their defensive intensity and get a regular Kawhi performance along with solid play from Siakam and Lowry we should be fine. Danny is due for a big performance.

Was watching the last minute of Game 3 and one thing really stuck out. With 12 seconds to go, FVV is in to guard Ross. On the inbound pass, they switch and FVV ends up on Vucevic. Our smallest player boxing out their centre. I question why he vs say Powell is in the game as it put us at a huge disadvantage? Trust?

Comment

Let's go!

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post

In what sense? I guess he has potential - which is why hes in the NBA. But I'm looking at his stats and hes worst than a lot of players...
        It's not a serious statement of talent evaluation, it's more of a loose ego boost. Imagine if Casey said "Thon reminds me of a young John Henson." Both tall, skinny shot blockers, but it basically is like saying he's destined to be a journeyman.

Remember also that Thon is younger now than Pascal was when Pascal debuted in the league (ignoring the rumours about Thon's age). KG has also raved about Thon. I doubt Thon becomes the monster that Pascal is now... but I'm not going to take a throwaway compliment as a serious projection.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

If the Raptors don't let up on their defensive intensity and get a regular Kawhi performance along with solid play from Siakam and Lowry we should be fine. Danny is due for a big performance.

Was watching the last minute of Game 3 and one thing really stuck out. With 12 seconds to go, FVV is in to guard Ross. On the inbound pass, they switch and FVV ends up on Vucevic. Our smallest player boxing out their centre. I question why he vs say Powell is in the game as it put us at a huge disadvantage? Trust?
          I tell you something, Nurse is a rocky coach in terms of the playoff, but I give him alot of credit for the way he organized our perimeter and interior defense. His main problem is that some players are not playing to their supposed level each game, one game Lowery, another game Kawahi, and another game Green. This gives Nurse limited options.
          On the other hand, protecting the perimeter required fast small players and that the tax we need to pay.

Comment

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              The most important question: Who are the refs?
              Zarba’s crew. Should be fine. Him and Washington tend to have loose whistles. Should help Raps.
              Last edited by slaw; Sun Apr 21, 2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Is this what some fans want Nurse to do?
                "Nets GM Sean Marks fined, suspended for entering referees’ locker room"

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah... never understood it. Doesn't actually do anything except make the refs hate you.

Comment

Obviously there's a difference between working the refs with some calculated outbursts and going full Artest

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

Actually they are rated #1 in many aspects.Bucks are are a very tough team right now, very dynamic, very solid bench, huge threat from the perimeter and an amazing rebounding team.
                        As I said, We will have our hands full.
                        Yeah but we already knew that. The point I was making is that sweeping an 8th seed Pistons who was without their best player doesn't add or subtract to that, we already knew it. I'd like to see how they handle Boston. If they just sail through them, then yeah that will tell me they not only had a great regular season, but also have what it takes to dominate in the playoffs too.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

My guess would be trust, whether warranted or not. Fred is a player that tends to make fewer mistakes then Powell. Even if him (Fred) is not doing much on the court as a point guard, the perception is that it will be less likely he will make loose-cannon drives coast to coast or get into some bad decision makings Powell has had before. In fairness to Norm though, he's gotten a lot better at controlling his decisions and "letting the game come to him". A lot of it came with when his role on the team became more defined, and he stopped going from starter to totally out of the rotation then back to starter again, then back as 9th man (that can be hard on any player)

On this series in particular, I'd prefer to see more Norm/McCaw vs FVV.

Comment

Photographic evidence of McCaw defending Ross. Gimme a Crow Sighting tonight!!
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I'm fine with sacrificing Bobby Webster. Not quite sure what he does anyway.

Comment

Quiet gameday (new site and all). Go Raps!

Comment

Working...
                                X