Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4, Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Sunday, April 21st 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Meh, every series and match up is different. We don't really know what will be needed against Sixers until they play a game or two. As for the Bucks, well, they have their hands full with Boston. I wouldn't assume the Bucks will win that series. I actually think Celtics will handle them. That Celtics team is battle tested. Bucks aren't.
    Agreed. I think the Bucks can take it in 6 or 7, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics win in 6 or 7.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
      Big closeout gane Tuesday. Solid team performance. Kawhi was back to beast mode. The bench was solid. Lowry was ok, but 6 turnovers against a team like Orlando is not going to cut it and Danny needs to get back on track. A bit of a funk, because 107 points is not enough against teams like Philly or Bucks.
      Well the Nets and Pistons aren't exactly known as good defensive teams, hell the Sixers aren't even defending well. Sixers are averaging 122 points and the Nets are averaging 114.

Raptors-Magic is more of a defensive battle, Raptors just have more firepower to overwhelm them.

Comment

• Raptors put on a clinic tonight. Love Lowry's composure early in the game. Down 7 and hit a free throws to calm everything down. Magic scored another IIRC, but than Lowry hit a bucket and than setup a great pass to Gasol.. before you knew it the Raps were in control and never let go of the gas pedal. Lowry again with a team high +26. He's still our engine and it's purring like a kitten.

Kawhi with a monster game on both ends. That block was vintage Kawhi. Poor Vucevic.. just no answer for Gasol who just owned him again.

Danny was off again.. but great defensively. I mean he's shut down DJ Augustin. Remember how worried we were about him after the first game? We got "good" Powell tonight and he was really good. Played within himself. Didn't work too hard. Fred was still meh but better defensively. Really stuck to Ross all game long. Called for some really dumb fouls though.

Siakam was consistent as usual. Didn't have a breakout game but you could see that another one will be coming in these playoffs.

And Serge has quietly been having a fantastic series. Good for him. I know he worked hard in the off season primarily because he was not impressed in how he performed last year. He's been really good. Really consistent.

First time ever we're up 3-1 and you can really see the gentleman's sweep coming. Orlando looked checked out in that second half. Not sure how much fight they have in them to try and steal another one in Toronto. But big kudo's to Gordon. He's been really good for them.

Raptors got a lot of favourable calls in this one. Nurse's silent approach must have worked out. Felt like the Magic were punished unfairly a bit in this one. Isaac had like 3 quick fouls and was really invisible all game. I'll take it though. Thank you Zarba!

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
          Big closeout gane Tuesday. Solid team performance. Kawhi was back to beast mode. The bench was solid. Lowry was ok, but 6 turnovers against a team like Orlando is not going to cut it and Danny needs to get back on track. A bit of a funk, because 107 points is not enough against teams like Philly or Bucks.
          That depends on how many they'll manage to score brother. The game is 2-ways and the D is looking pretty outstanding. Also, no funk. We just blew out a team by 22 in their house, when their playoff life was depending on it. Philly will come when they come, they should take one step at a time.

Comment

• I'm not caught up on the thread, big win.

I've been critical of Nurse so I figured credit where its due; win or loss he's, in my not humble opinion, been trying with various methods to be out front of the result.

Game one he went into his presser looking sheepish, a consistent reaction to being beat by the under dog in game one. However, again, in my not humble opinion, not Nurs-ish. He's been a nerd, been a guy willing to be wrong( end of Load B2B Management ) and be seen as expirementing when things didn't break his way. Did not shy from the criticisms. Game two was sheepish around his handling of Kawhi 3 fouls, game 3 got infront of Kawhi's off night from the field. Tonight he was quick to offer magic medicin and fluids the win. He hasn't made it about him and it's seems to me he's actively trying to court the media and their praise or scorn to shield his guys from the negative and is actively working to show their positive.

TLR

Good on Nurse. Who needs a doctor anyway, they do 95% of the job at 10% the price.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

That depends on how many they'll manage to score brother. The game is 2-ways and the D is looking pretty outstanding. Also, no funk. We just blew out a team by 22 in their house, when their playoff life was depending on it. Philly will come when they come, they should take one step at a time.
              Plus Orlando plays much better defense than Philly.

Comment

• Per Ernie and the crew on Inside The NBA... our 107 points tonight was the most we’ve ever scored in a playoff game on the road.

Comment

• Has there been any word on OG since his procedure? I dont expect him to return to the lineup for at least a week but I’d be curious to know how much training he can do.

Comment

• Just watched the post-game interview with Norm & Kawhi. San Diego dudes looked good on and off the court today. The impression that I get is that Kawhi feels really at ease with his teammates. Pascal is the perfect teammate for him. A rising star that can take some of the load off him when needed, and yet still allow Kawhi to be comfortable and valued as the superstar player with the keys to the team. Kawhi praised Pascal (and Norm) a couple of times on the interview, and at least 3 times stressed how great of a collective effort it has been, one time commending different teammates individually by name on their good games.

Norm went on to say how the ability of each teammates to step up for each other has always been there, something on the lines of "whether it's been due to injury, rest, or just a flu game, we've always been there for each other, and we also know that Kawhi is gonna close some games for us too". The sense that I get is the whole "load management" stuff is something that everyone on the team has been on board with, and Kawhi has been very appreciative of this.

This locker room and team has been a tremendous environment for Kawhi compared to San Antonio. From coach, to medical staff, to teammates, to fans. I legit don't know if it's remotely possible for him to find this good of an environment anywhere else on the league. The harmony on this locker room has been a low-key, underrated, big time strength of this team. Everyone knows what to do, everyone is mature, everyone knows their role, there's no ego, no in-fighting, just a bunch of husky experienced guys paired with scrappy young guys all trying to win together. I feel they're gonna go places, and even if they don't, looks like they gonna go down fighting together.
                    Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Apr 22, 2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Haha, absolutely love it. Nurse made a statement to the refs in his own very unique way. Blew his gasket early in the game over a pretty insignificant call, just like Pop and Doc, and it went viral. That's what I'm talking about.

Comment

This locker room and team has been a tremendous environment for Kawhi compared to San Antonio. From coach, to medical staff, to teammates, to fans. I legit don't know if it's remotely possible for him to find this good of an environment anywhere else on the league. The harmony on this locker room has been a low-key, underrated, big time strength of this team. Everyone knows what to do, everyone is mature, everyone knows their role, there's no ego, no in-fighting, just a bunch of husky experienced guys paired with scrappy young guys all trying to win together. I feel they're gonna go places, and even if they don't, looks like they gonna go down fighting together.
                          Some credit has to go to Nurse and Masai for this, no?
                          A very underrated aspect of a good coach is how to get a bunch of NBA egos to play together and share minutes/roles in an increasingly "ME-first" league.

I watch all the mega-drama and selfish infighting around the league and appreciate this roster all the more.Sometimes, they're TOO nice but so far, it's working.

Comment

• Let's not get ahead of ourselves but Sixers have the MOST free-throw opportunities in the post season while the Raps have the least (surprise!)

With a healthy Kawhi on the roster, this should never be the case but the guy gets jobbed over and over. Compare him to the calls that Harden, Giannis and Embiid get and it's embarrassing.

The media needs to do a fact filled report on it and put the NBA on public notice because whether it's NBA mandated (it sure is tolerated) or ref betting against the spread or US bias, it shouldn't be just accepted. We've seen this before so it's not just coincidence and the problem isn't just Embiid getting a bunch of calls, it's the potential of Kawhi or Danny or Gasol with 2-3 quick fouls and how that impacts the game.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Let's not get ahead of ourselves but Sixers have the MOST free-throw opportunities in the post season while the Raps have the least (surprise!)

With a healthy Kawhi on the roster, this should never be the case but the guy gets jobbed over and over. Compare him to the calls that Harden, Giannis and Embiid get and it's embarrassing.

The media needs to do a fact filled report on it and put the NBA on public notice because whether it's NBA mandated (it sure is tolerated) or ref betting against the spread or US bias, it shouldn't be just accepted. We've seen this before so it's not just coincidence and the problem isn't just Embiid getting a bunch of calls, it's the potential of Kawhi or Danny or Gasol with 2-3 quick fouls and how that impacts the game.
                              They already did, in February. It buzzed for a couple days, NBA denied it, and we soon went back to talking about the Lebron and the Lakers and Hardens 40 pt games. Fantastic article for those who missed it

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-fix-nba-games
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just watched the post-game interview with Norm & Kawhi. San Diego dudes looked good on and off the court today. The impression that I get is that Kawhi feels really at ease with his teammates. Pascal is the perfect teammate for him. A rising star that can take some of the load off him when needed, and yet still allow Kawhi to be comfortable and valued as the superstar player with the keys to the team. Kawhi praised Pascal (and Norm) a couple of times on the interview, and at least 3 times stressed how great of a collective effort it has been, one time commending different teammates individually by name on their good games.

Norm went on to say how the ability of each teammates to step up for each other has always been there, something on the lines of "whether it's been due to injury, rest, or just a flu game, we've always been there for each other, and we also know that Kawhi is gonna close some games for us too". The sense that I get is the whole "load management" stuff is something that everyone on the team has been on board with, and Kawhi has been very appreciative of this.

Nicely stated. "The harmony on this locker room has been a low-key, underrated, big time strength of this team." Don't know what it's like in all the teams in the league, but no argument that a number of the teams between the Raptors and winning the chip have issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X