Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 4, Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Sunday, April 21st 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Meh, every series and match up is different. We don't really know what will be needed against Sixers until they play a game or two. As for the Bucks, well, they have their hands full with Boston. I wouldn't assume the Bucks will win that series. I actually think Celtics will handle them. That Celtics team is battle tested. Bucks aren't.
    Agreed. I think the Bucks can take it in 6 or 7, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics win in 6 or 7.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Big closeout gane Tuesday. Solid team performance. Kawhi was back to beast mode. The bench was solid. Lowry was ok, but 6 turnovers against a team like Orlando is not going to cut it and Danny needs to get back on track. A bit of a funk, because 107 points is not enough against teams like Philly or Bucks.
    Wait until they get a taste of the big beef D.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Raptors win, Bruins win. Great day to be a sports fan!!

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Big closeout gane Tuesday. Solid team performance. Kawhi was back to beast mode. The bench was solid. Lowry was ok, but 6 turnovers against a team like Orlando is not going to cut it and Danny needs to get back on track. A bit of a funk, because 107 points is not enough against teams like Philly or Bucks.
    Meh, every series and match up is different. We don't really know what will be needed against Sixers until they play a game or two. As for the Bucks, well, they have their hands full with Boston. I wouldn't assume the Bucks will win that series. I actually think Celtics will handle them. That Celtics team is battle tested. Bucks aren't.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

True. Worst possible matchup for Simmons in the NBA is Kawhi. Lowry can guard Redick. Green on Butler. Siakam on Harris. That looks real nice on paper.
    Van Vleet against McConnell off the bench, way better match up than Ross, then if Nurse who we don’t doubt would leave him on the floor can still guard Reddick.

Raptors definitely on paper match up better with the Sixers BUT this is against a more talented team with more skills than those Magic.

the only concern is how Butler can limit Kawhi.

p.s. Nurse and Bret Brown is a wash, both dependent on the amount of talent, skills and resilience of their personnel.

This could go as far as 6 or even 7

same is true with the Celts vs. Bucks

Round 2 has the makings of one of the most gruesome series.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post

I like our matchup with the Sixers

Simmons vs Kawhi, Embiid vs Gasol - we've got a lot of advantages here
    Their talent level is heads and shoulders above the Magic though. They have four All-Star calibre players and one of the league's best snipers in Redick. That said, like us, they're trying to build chemistry after midseason roster turnover.

The key liability for them and advantage for us is that Simmons can't shoot. But if they stick Butler on Kawhi we are going to need our supporting cast to really step up.

I expect that series to be an absolute slugfest.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

True. Worst possible matchup for Simmons in the NBA is Kawhi. Lowry can guard Redick. Green on Butler. Siakam on Harris. That looks real nice on paper.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

I agree. I think Raps match up great against the Sixers.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Really hoping this defense is real and not just the Magic being a crappy offensive team. We’ll find out real quick against the Sixers.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Really hoping this defense is real and not just the Magic being a crappy offensive team. We’ll find out real quick against the Sixers.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    When you find Siakam has only been playing ball for 7 years.

when kawhi starts playing like its 2017 again on defense

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Raps have definitely had better playoff games but I'm not sure they've had a statement game like this, at least not with this generation. Everyone was good. Defence was great. Offence was good enough. And they were in control from the start of the 2Q on. Orlando is trying hard and they are fighting but just don't have the weapons.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post

When mafuzzy chef brings out the beef penis

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X