Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 5, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

I think the Raptors biggest issue in Game 1 was overconfidence..lackadaisical play. The bear was poked. They don't wanna be the last series in the East still playing.
    Yeah they played that game like it was a regular season game. In a way it was good that we lost that one.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Vuc and most of others players already threw in the towel. Gordon might be the only one who will show up. Strong first half should break Magic's spirit.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    This one feels a bit anti-climactic (hopefully). Watched Nurse's presser and he was saying all the right things. Just seemed calm and collected and wants to win this one. Does not want to go back to Orlando. Can't see us losing this one. We've solved the Orlando puzzle.

Rest may be a bit of an issue.. only 1 day rest and had to travel. But weather is nice so that should help everyone.
    I think the Raptors biggest issue in Game 1 was overconfidence..lackadaisical play. The bear was poked. They don't wanna be the last series in the East still playing.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    This one feels a bit anti-climactic (hopefully). Watched Nurse's presser and he was saying all the right things. Just seemed calm and collected and wants to win this one. Does not want to go back to Orlando. Can't see us losing this one. We've solved the Orlando puzzle.

Rest may be a bit of an issue.. only 1 day rest and had to travel. But weather is nice so that should help everyone.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    If the fan base comes out firing on all cylinders this will be easy. Let's goooo

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Nick Nurse is full Meme now .. and we're all better for it I think.

Get em Scraptor. For the North!!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Wrap it up Scraptor. Let's take this show to Philly.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    "No update" on OG is mildly worrisome as I believe its 2 weeks tomorrow since his surgery. We are fine in this series, but will miss his defense badly when we face Harris and the giant Sixers. Sliding Kawhi up when Pasal sits only creates a different hole in that series.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Zoomers might actually help to quit smoking? I mean, what do I got to lose!?

Long live Scrappy.

Warm up playoffs ends tomorrow and real playoffs start later on this week.

13 to go. Raps in 5.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    get it Scraptor!! thanks for the JYD fav raptor of all time. I think we should have a close out jersey this playoffs. maybe those reds with the white stripe? Kinda like Tiger Woods on championship Sunday. or the blacks cause it's the other teams funeral?
    Good idea! But after this series, close out games are going to be much harder to predict. Don't want to jinx ourselves.
    Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Apr 22, 2019, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    get it Scraptor!! thanks for the JYD fav raptor of all time. I think we should have a close out jersey this playoffs. maybe those reds with the white stripe? Kinda like Tiger Woods on championship Sunday. or the blacks cause it's the other teams funeral?

Leave a comment:

• Game 5, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd 7pm ET - TSN

STARTERS

​​

​​

AT

STARTERS

​​

​​

​​

​​

(Raptors artwork courtesy of Richard Chen https://www.instagram.com/richardchen.draws/)

NOTES:
    • Nurse was asked about the team having trouble closing out series in the past. "This team or this organization? Well, this team, lets see if they can start their own history tomorrow... You just dont want to screw around in these series. If you lose this one you're back in Orlando, you're adding miles and stress... I just want this team to form it's identity. What's happened in the past has no bearing or relevance to what's happening now for me." (@jlew1050)
    • In game 4, Kawhi scored the 4th most points in a playoff game by a Raptor on 20 or fewer FGA. The top 3 spots all belong to Kyle Lowry.
    • OG Anunoby was with the Raptors today. Nurse said he's in good spirits, has new glasses. No update on timeline to return. (@BlakeMurphyODC)
    • Research suggests that magic mushrooms might be helpful in overcoming nicotine addiction. Additionally, some other researchers suggest that psychedelic mushrooms can help treat anxiety, OCD, headaches, and post-traumatic stress disorders.
    • A fourth consecutive win in game 5 would be the longest playoff winning streak in Raps history. We've won 3 in a row two other times (2017 and 2001).
    • Usually I change up the lineup pics more for game threads, but we've won three straight so I'm not changing what's working.

When the Raptors win four in a row in the playoffs:

And how we make other teams feel (h/t reddit /u/topkakistocracy):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINS REMAINING:

Last edited by Scraptor; Wed Apr 24, 2019, 04:00 PM.
Working...
X