Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 5, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post

Who criticized? Geez, I just asked a question. And that was not necessarily aimed at you specifically, I just used your post as a jump off.
    I've seen multiple posts being far more direct in their pokes at Casey, and I would just think that since we are so far beyond the Casey days, that we'd have gotten over it.
    Fair enough. My post was only to inform that the Pistons (and Casey) had been swept and wasn't a shot at him and didn't appreciate being framed as such. However, since I'm reminded of the thinly veiled shots that Casey took at Toronto recently ....

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post

Eh, I love the Raptors and watch pretty much every game.

But, I love the Leafs with a passion and will be prioritizing the Leafs game tonight because it's do or die. We all know the Raptors will walk over Orlando tonight. I'll be watching the Raptors during intermissions.

Comment

Besides, Leafs blowing a Game 7 to Boston is more of a foregone conclusion than the Raps eliminating the Magic

Comment

This old guy in the middle has a short memory apparently. Lol
          (Oh, shit, that’s Brian Hill.. you got ooooollllllld.)

Comment

I don't care about hockey but given that the Leafs are the last Canadian team standing, I want them to go as deep as possible.

Also "Fuck Boston" is not restricted to the Celtics.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes, not only are sixers fans among the worst, but so is the roster. Embiid- insufferably egotistical and showboat. Ben Simmons, kendalls girlfriend aka Caitlyn Jenner (that's mine I'm using it all series). Jimmy "I run up in a practice with cameras" Butler, fake tough guy.

Yeah. This is gonna be a fun series.
              The officiating is not gonna pretty for the Raps. The NBA wants those Kardashian clicks and Embiid tweets.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                I don't care about hockey but given that the Leafs are the last Canadian team standing, I want them to go as deep as possible.

Also "Fuck Boston" is not restricted to the Celtics.
                Yeah, it's a tough one. I mean, I can never cheer for a Boston team but it is the Leafs and there are few things in hockey better than the Leafs losing, so it's tempting. I will just hope for a tie... Game 8!

Comment

Lowry is going to need to score more against Philly than Orlando. That should be interesting....and also what is it between him and Simmons? They seem to be jawing at each other every time these two teams face each other.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    what is it between him and Simmons? They seem to be jawing at each other every time these two teams face each other.
                    Lowry is ornery and Simmons is a loud-mouth b***h. Pretty straightforward.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Lowry is going to need to score more against Philly than Orlando. That should be interesting....and also what is it between him and Simmons? They seem to be jawing at each other every time these two teams face each other.
                      Nobody likes Ben Simmons
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Lots of knowledgeable Pistons fans lamented the Blake trade because it killed their flexibility. Unfortunately the owner has mandated playoff runs so they are going to be treadmilling it until they can fix their guard/wing situation.
                        Eh Blake has returned to All-NBA form, maybe they gave up too much for him but the contract isnt bad short term. Good managment finds ways to get solid players to finish the rotation. Detroit hasn’t made a lowkey signing, trade or draft pick for a quality player, and thats the big difference tbh.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Lowry is ornery and Simmons is a loud-mouth b***h. Pretty straightforward.
                          Simmons seems to like talking down his opponents, not a way to make friends...but easy to do when you are 6'10".

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Simmons seems to like talking down his opponents, not a way to make friends...but easy to do when you are 6'10".
                            Kawhi made Simmons look silly in the couple games they played against each other this year. I think it was like 11 turnovers one game, 10 the next.

IF we get to play the Sixers (don't want to jinx anything), I feel like it will be Harris, Butler and Reddick that will give us potential problems.

Gasol will be able to defend a hobbled Joel (lets face it, he won't be healthy this playoff season)

Kawhi has proven that he can slow down Ben.

Butler will be guarded by probably Danny, Redick - Lowry, Harris vs Siakam.

Obviously Ben and Joel will contribute, but I could see Butler, Redick or Harris going off for a game and keeping things tight.

Boban scares me too, we have no-one that size. He doesn't play a huge role for them, but he could be trouble.

I feel like if our bench starts clicking, that's where we can expose them. I like this match-up and looking forward to POSSIBLY watching it.

Let's put this series to bed and get some rest and reload against another opponent.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Eh Blake has returned to All-NBA form, maybe they gave up too much for him but the contract isnt bad short term. Good managment finds ways to get solid players to finish the rotation. Detroit hasn’t made a lowkey signing, trade or draft pick for a quality player, and thats the big difference tbh.
                              They've got $96 million tied up next year in Blake, Drummond, Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, and Langston Galloway. The rest of their roster takes them up to $117 million, and the cap is $109 million. Can't sign anyone, nobody wants to trade for their garbage, and you're probably not going to get a draft pick that moves the needle outside of the lottery.

Blake has been great, but he's the piece you add when you've already laid down a foundation or cleared out space to build around him.

Comment

Growing up a Leafs fan from Eastern Ontario (not Ottawa) and a Raptors fan from day 1, this is a real dilemma of ginormous proportions. Fortunately technology affords one the ability to keep an eye on both. Let's hope for a clean sweep tonight. Great time to be a sports fan!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X