Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 5, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Does anyone wanna talk about Giannis being on steroids? Or like baseball in 98, ignore it because he's so fun to watch?
    As much as I would like to play along, I'm assuming you don't actually think hes using. Obviously I could be wrong but it just doesn't seem like hes that type of guy.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied

I dunno why he skips leg day, but his head is changing shape too like Barry Bonds' did. Nobody really cares but I think its unfair. He never learned to shoot so he's gonna be a super mobile Shaq instead

His lean muscle mass is pretty incredible especially considering his body composition only three years ago. Unfortuntatley I would have to agree with you. We'll have to watch for his ears to get way bigger in the coming years.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post

Why does he keep skipping leg day?

I dunno why he skips leg day, but his head is changing shape too like Barry Bonds' did. Nobody really cares but I think its unfair. He never learned to shoot so he's gonna be a super mobile Shaq instead

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Does anyone wanna talk about Giannis being on steroids? Or like baseball in 98, ignore it because he's so fun to watch?
    Why does he keep skipping leg day?

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied

Funny, I had the same thought while I was remembering how Giannis pushed Drummond around to get position under the basket???

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Shredder wrote: View Post

Kawhi made Simmons look silly in the couple games they played against each other this year. I think it was like 11 turnovers one game, 10 the next.

IF we get to play the Sixers (don't want to jinx anything), I feel like it will be Harris, Butler and Reddick that will give us potential problems.

Gasol will be able to defend a hobbled Joel (lets face it, he won't be healthy this playoff season)

Kawhi has proven that he can slow down Ben.

Butler will be guarded by probably Danny, Redick - Lowry, Harris vs Siakam.

Obviously Ben and Joel will contribute, but I could see Butler, Redick or Harris going off for a game and keeping things tight.

Boban scares me too, we have no-one that size. He doesn't play a huge role for them, but he could be trouble.

I feel like if our bench starts clicking, that's where we can expose them. I like this match-up and looking forward to POSSIBLY watching it.

Let's put this series to bed and get some rest and reload against another opponent.
    Boban has been a monster on the offensive boards and has taken advantage of a smaller Nets team. Mike Scott can knock down 3's. Our defence should generate live ball turnovers we can turn into fast beak opportunities. It should be a fiesty affair and the difference will be Kawhi, the best player on either team.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Not sure I totally agree. The foundation is star players, and Blake is the star there. I wouldn’t imply hes good enough to win a championship with as a best player, but with a good supporting cast they would be much like Indy with Oladipo - fighting for homecourt in a playoff series. Like Blake did for Detroit what everyone figured Lebron would do for LA, granted in the East. All the other starters are below average at their position and they don’t have any other ball handlers other than Blake and Reggie (who is streaky at best).

Plus I mean, Blake was those guys to get to Detroit. If Blake was washed like nearly everyone thought at the time of the trade I woupd agree with out, but as stands thats the only move thats worked for them in the last decade.
    But the issue is how do you put a good supporting cast around him when you're capped out with bad contracts?

When LeBron went to LA they had massive cap space to build around him (which they squandered this year). They also had gathered a lot of young pieces to use as trade chips (which they should have cashed in last summer). Detroit has neither of those things.

If you get the big star first without any kind of plan, you end up with exactly what happened this year: a first round sweep, no flexibility, and a crappy pick.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post

They've got $96 million tied up next year in Blake, Drummond, Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, and Langston Galloway. The rest of their roster takes them up to $117 million, and the cap is $109 million. Can't sign anyone, nobody wants to trade for their garbage, and you're probably not going to get a draft pick that moves the needle outside of the lottery.

Blake has been great, but he's the piece you add when you've already laid down a foundation or cleared out space to build around him.
    Not sure I totally agree. The foundation is star players, and Blake is the star there. I wouldn’t imply hes good enough to win a championship with as a best player, but with a good supporting cast they would be much like Indy with Oladipo - fighting for homecourt in a playoff series. Like Blake did for Detroit what everyone figured Lebron would do for LA, granted in the East. All the other starters are below average at their position and they don’t have any other ball handlers other than Blake and Reggie (who is streaky at best).

Plus I mean, Blake was those guys to get to Detroit. If Blake was washed like nearly everyone thought at the time of the trade I woupd agree with out, but as stands thats the only move thats worked for them in the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Have to say that Drummond was not a factor on either end as Giannis simply bullied his way through, around, over and under him all series. Lopez also helped himself out too at Drummond's expense.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied

They've got $96 million tied up next year in Blake, Drummond, Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer, and Langston Galloway. The rest of their roster takes them up to $117 million, and the cap is $109 million. Can't sign anyone, nobody wants to trade for their garbage, and you're probably not going to get a draft pick that moves the needle outside of the lottery.

Blake has been great, but he's the piece you add when you've already laid down a foundation or cleared out space to build around him.
    Have to say that Drummond was not a factor on either end as Giannis simply bullied his way through, around, over and under him all series. Lopez also helped himself out too at Drummond's expense.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Not sure if basketball players, or partner lawyers...

Injured? Dead? Wish you were dead? Call Leuer & Galloway!

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Growing up a Leafs fan from Eastern Ontario (not Ottawa) and a Raptors fan from day 1, this is a real dilemma of ginormous proportions. Fortunately technology affords one the ability to keep an eye on both. Let's hope for a clean sweep tonight. Great time to be a sports fan!!!

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Eh Blake has returned to All-NBA form, maybe they gave up too much for him but the contract isnt bad short term. Good managment finds ways to get solid players to finish the rotation. Detroit hasn’t made a lowkey signing, trade or draft pick for a quality player, and thats the big difference tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Simmons seems to like talking down his opponents, not a way to make friends...but easy to do when you are 6'10".
    Kawhi made Simmons look silly in the couple games they played against each other this year. I think it was like 11 turnovers one game, 10 the next.

IF we get to play the Sixers (don't want to jinx anything), I feel like it will be Harris, Butler and Reddick that will give us potential problems.

Gasol will be able to defend a hobbled Joel (lets face it, he won't be healthy this playoff season)

Kawhi has proven that he can slow down Ben.

Butler will be guarded by probably Danny, Redick - Lowry, Harris vs Siakam.

Obviously Ben and Joel will contribute, but I could see Butler, Redick or Harris going off for a game and keeping things tight.

Boban scares me too, we have no-one that size. He doesn't play a huge role for them, but he could be trouble.

I feel like if our bench starts clicking, that's where we can expose them. I like this match-up and looking forward to POSSIBLY watching it.

Let's put this series to bed and get some rest and reload against another opponent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X