Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the surprising rapid growth of Pascal Siakam does the DeRozan trade for Lenord seem less needed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Bumping your own thread now, and have taken your lumps graciously. That take courage, guyroch. You are not the cowardly lion

It's not about bumping my own thread it's more about every time this Raptor team or Leonard gives me and this city something we will remember for the rest of our sports fans lives it reminds me how dumb the Thread is ... The upside of this trade was always greater then the status quo ...

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    WTF WAS I THINKING when I posted this thread !!! We had a chance to get a player whose upside is the best player on the planet ... You make this trade ... All the teams who didn't throw everything at the Spurs to get Leonard are watching the Finals ..
    Bumping your own thread now, and have taken your lumps graciously. That take courage, guyroch. You are not the cowardly lion

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    WTF WAS I THINKING when I posted this thread !!! We had a chance to get a player whose upside is the best player on the planet ... You make this trade ... All the teams who didn't throw everything at the Spurs to get Leonard are watching the Finals ..

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    nubreed000 wrote: View Post

To be fair this thread was started midway through round 1. Leonard didn't enter his Game Genie cheat codes until round 2.
    Kawhi Leonard, NBA Finals MVP

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied

And Let's not forget about danny lean mean money green, the best catch and shoot player remaining in the eastern conference, we need him to stay hot after last night
    Still can't believe he was a "throw-in" LOL

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

That's true too. I'm not agreeing with this thread, just saying that when it was created, he wasn't back to the level he was at before, even though he was already leaps and bounds above DeRozan, which makes this trade worth it. And Siakam is great, but he's still young and has a long way to go.
    And Let's not forget about danny lean mean money green, the best catch and shoot player remaining in the eastern conference, we need him to stay hot after last night

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied

Leonard was a top 5 player in the nba long before round 1 or 2. A lot of people in the east just forgot or didnt understand
    That's true too. I'm not agreeing with this thread, just saying that when it was created, he wasn't back to the level he was at before, even though he was already leaps and bounds above DeRozan, which makes this trade worth it. And Siakam is great, but he's still young and has a long way to go.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

To be fair this thread was started midway through round 1. Leonard didn't enter his Game Genie cheat codes until round 2.
    Leonard was a top 5 player in the nba long before round 1 or 2. A lot of people in the east just forgot or didnt understand

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm shocked this thread even exists honestly after what we've witnessed in the last couple weeks...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

What's a deyonta Davis?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm shocked this thread even exists honestly after what we've witnessed in the last couple weeks...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    I read great things coming out of the Spurs regarding Jakob Poeltl and throw in the amazing growth of Siakam to stardom was their a need to go for a hail marry type of trade in a all for nothing type of season ? The burden of carrying the franchise would have been lessened with Siakam becoming a great second scoring option . Last summer at this time what were we projecting Siakam to being .

Would we still be up 3-1 against the Magic presently with last years roster ?
    You're overthinking this. Was it necessary to trade for arguably the most complete player in the NBA because Pascal Siakim emerged as a good player? Yes, it's a no brainer. The Raptors traded for Kawhi because its the only way to land someone like him besides drafting someone like him. You swap DD with Kawhi in this playoffs and the Raptors are out already.

Not to mention its unheard of to land a player like Kawhi Leonard at his age for the price they paid. If he re-signs then that trade goes down as a historical steal. An all-time steal.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    What's this thread doing still open?
    I noticed last night something that should tilt this argument totally to WTF fuck are you talking about that trade was amazing .. The DeRozan era playoff run after a victory like last night you would have seen Kyle and DeRozan perform a comedy act at the press conference . The team is taking on the personality of Lenord and your seeing Kyle at the press conference being all serious ..

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    What's this thread doing still open?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X