Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    A lot of the hardcore basketball geek bloggers calling Raps in 5.... maybe 6. Even the Philly blogger. lol.
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah even Paul Pierce....this shit scaring me.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...nce-semifinals

Comment

A lot of the hardcore basketball geek bloggers calling Raps in 5.... maybe 6. Even the Philly blogger. lol.
      Yeah; I have Raptors in 6 but so many people are going for 5 or less.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Comment

• Nylon Calculus also likes us:
          https://fansided.com/2019/04/25/nylo...-style-charts/

To project the series, I am using my in-season game projection model. The model is trained off historical game data and accounts for rest, travel, team strength, and matchup. Since I began using the model to predict outcomes, I have been able to correctly identify the winner in about 70 percent of games and has correctly identified the winner in 78 percent of games in these playoffs.

Comment

• Nylon predicted us beating Cleveland last year too though
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Charts and graphs and picks are for the birds. Let's play
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think we win in 6. I could see if we manage to win both home games to start the series philly starting to panick and butler/Embiid trying to do too much.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  So.... the long-time haters like us. The basketball geeks like us. Vegas likes us. The mainstream US media likes us. Even Philly bloggers like us.

Who TF are we supposed to be mad at for dis-respecting us?

Demo: help us out - we need some bulletin board material.

Comment

• If the Raptors continue to play as they did against Orlando, in games 2 - 5, then yeah there isn't much Philly is going to be able to do to make this a long series. Our defense is just too good, we have too much depth and we have the best player in the series on our team.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      If the Raptors continue to play as they did against Orlando, in games 2 - 5, then yeah there isn't much Philly is going to be able to do to make this a long series. Our defense is just too good, we have too much depth and we have the best player in the series on our team.
                      The Sixers have much better players than the Magic. Harris is their 4th best player, if he was playing for the Magic, he'd be their best player.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If you picked any team that seemed to get Kawhi to up his game in the regular season. I think I'd pick those Philly performances (and the GS game). Kyle gets amped in Philly too.

We're going to see a mean, cold-blooded team that takes care of business.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Sixers have much better players than the Magic. Harris is their 4th best player, if he was playing for the Magic, he'd be their best player.
                          They are a more talented team for sure. I seem to recall Philly being ranked high as one of the best offenses in the league this season, but did they rank equally high on defense? I don't remember hearing anything about them on that end of the floor. I'm pretty confident if both teams are playing at their best, Raptors are still the better team.

Comment

They are a more talented team for sure. I seem to recall Philly being ranked high as one of the best offenses in the league this season, but did they rank equally high on defense? I don't remember hearing anything about them on that end of the floor. I'm pretty confident if both teams are playing at their best, Raptors are still the better team.
                            Regular season they are 3 pts/100 pos worse when Simmons is on the floor. Thought it was worth noting
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Philly had 3 teams this year. Before Butler, After Butler and After Tobias (so after the deadline).

The significant numbers will be the third one since that's obviously the only important one.

They had a 17-11 record (10th). We had a 19-8 record (4th).
                              They had the 10th best offense (we were 6th).
                              They had the 15th best defense (we were 3rd).
                              They had the 11th best Net Rating (we were 4th).

They played at a faster pace (8th) than us (16th).

The had the 12th best 3pt%. We had the best.
                              They were the 12th best in assists. We were the 3rd best.

Statistically we were better in every area hence why the geeks love us.

Edit - except for rebounds . They are 2nd in total rebounds.. we are 16th.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Regular season they are 3 pts/100 pos worse when Simmons is on the floor. Thought it was worth noting
                                Its funny for how much talent they have, they reeeeaaally struggled this year without Embiid. It seems a bit like they have too many guys who are super talented but can't all play together while Raps have some fantastic talent, but all the pieces fit together easier. I think that core could use an off-season and full year to gel before really meeting expectations, kinda like the LeBron era Miami teams.

That being said, they are quite good and will win if not respected.

Comment

Working...
                                X