Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Sixers have much better players than the Magic. Harris is their 4th best player, if he was playing for the Magic, he'd be their best player.
    Over Vucevic?

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Over Vucevic?
      It'd be close. Sort of a 1a and 1b scenario. Personally, I'd take Harris over Vuc.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

It'd be close. Sort of a 1a and 1b scenario. Personally, I'd take Harris over Vuc.
        They were once teammates battling it out to be the lead dog in Orlando

I feel like Harris is the oldest 26 year old, played for the half the league already it feels like
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Over Vucevic?
          Yes
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ESPN experts giving us some love

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...nce-semifinals

Comment

• I almost don't like all this love lol. Raps play better when they are underdogs. Well the Raps of old did
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I almost don't like all this love lol. Raps play better when they are underdogs. Well the Raps of old did
                You sure about that?

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Lowry - Redick
                    Green - Butler
                    Kawhi - Simmons
                    Siakam - Harris
                    Gasol - Embiid

Potential adjustment - Lowry on Butler; Green on Redick

Our starting 5 are strong, but our transition lineups make me nervous. Norm should be on TJ McConell imo. I like the idea of going small and fast when Boban is on as well like someone said here. Force them to matchup to us and run Boban off the court. If we put Siakam at the 5 and run and gun in transition, their Boban lineups would be a negative for them.
                    For me, I think we need to really focus on 3 point line

my preference VS. most likely

Lowry-Simmons. Lowry Butler
                    Kawhi- Reddick. Kawhi Simmons
                    Green Butler. Green Reddick
                    Siakam Harris. Siakam Harris
                    Gasol Embiid Gasol Embiid

We could lose if Reddick goes off; Butler and Simmons can hurt us but less likely to consistently burn us from 3 point line . Pascal will really need to stay home on Harris to limit 3’s.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post

For me, I think we need to really focus on 3 point line

my preference VS. most likely

Lowry-Simmons. Lowry Butler
                      Kawhi- Reddick. Kawhi Simmons
                      Green Butler. Green Reddick
                      Siakam Harris. Siakam Harris
                      Gasol Embiid Gasol Embiid

We could lose if Reddick goes off; Butler and Simmons can hurt us but less likely to consistently burn us from 3 point line . Pascal will really need to stay home on Harris to limit 3’s.

Your preference would be Kawhi on Redick? He is a shooter nothing more. Green is more than enough to handle Redick. You put Kawhi on the other teams main scorer/ball handler, which is either Simmons or Butler and since Kawhi has gotten the better of Simmons in the regular season, you throw Kawhi on him.

Sixers are not a 3 point heavy team. They were 19th in the league in attempts in the regular season.

Comment

• Yeah, you definitely don't waste Kawhi by using him primarily on Reddick, sorry psrs1.

Comment

• Philly beat writer predictions:

Keith Pompey: Raps in 6
                          Sarah Todd: Raps in 7
                          Marc Narducci: Raps in 7
                          David Murphy: Raps in 6

https://www.philly.com/sixers/joel-e...-20190426.html

Comment

• Yeah, my problem with Kawhi on Reddick is that Reddick is the one guy on that team you can't cheat off of. Kawhi's at his best when you give him room to cheat off his main assignment. Putting him on Simmons just makes so much sense because of that.

As well, I fully trust Green and Gasol to shut down the Reddick/Embiid two-man game, given how well they shut down the Augustin/Vucevic pick-and-roll last round.

Comment

• I like Kawhi on Butler. I think Siakam can shut Ben down or at least make it very uncomfortable for him. If Kawhi completely dominates Butler, I don’t see how Phili wins.

Green and Lowry play Redick/Harris. And Gasol minimizes Embiid’s impact.

I think Lowry could shut down Harris. I love how much Kyle elevates his game when he is playing in a “mismatch” situation. Ideally you don’t want Kyle chasing Reddick all game. Green has the length to make hard on him.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X