Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    4-2 raps, Butler gonna win nervous breakdown award.

Also, OT, but Westbrook sucks

This is great an so true lol

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      It's going to be a loooong series. Coaching is going to play a big role.
      I just don't see the Sixers having enough reliable outside shooting in the starting lineup or lockdown perimeter defense (sounds a lot like Raptors of yore). That stuff gets exploited in playoff series against one team. Their confidence comes from their offense, and it could be over quick if they're hoisting bricks early and start bickering with each other and questioning Brett Brown.

On the defensive side, their best defender is Embiid by a wide margin, but he's going to be wasted guarding our 5th option, sometimes out to the 3-pt line. Doesn't feel like Butler still has it defensively, and don't think he can guard Kawhi.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        Very interesting matchups. A couple thoughts:

—i like kawhi on ben Simmons. Lowry on JJ.
        —Playing Lowry and FVV together could be tricky or too small against phillys big bodies.
        —when Embiid is out do we go small against Boban and try to run him off the court? Might be a good match up to try some small ball with a fast pace.
        Not feeling that great about Lowry on JJ. He'll be forced to run all game long and Lowry doesn't fight through screens anymore. He's going to get tired out. Lowry is much better as a post defender in terms of his man defense.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I just don't see the Sixers having enough reliable outside shooting in the starting lineup or lockdown perimeter defense (sounds a lot like Raptors of yore). That stuff gets exploited in playoff series against one team. Their confidence comes from their offense, and it could be over quick if they're hoisting bricks early and start bickering with each other and questioning Brett Brown.

On the defensive side, their best defender is Embiid by a wide margin, but he's going to be wasted guarding our 5th option, sometimes out to the 3-pt line. Doesn't feel like Butler still has it defensively, and don't think he can guard Kawhi.
          Thats an interesting point. Everyone struggles to stop kawhi, and jimmy likely will as well. If he's trying and kawhi can still get his, i can see jimmy buckling cause he don't wanna get schooled over and over, while putting forth top effort. Let kawhi get inside and let someone else worry about stopping him...thay would be ideal.

Comment

Not feeling that great about Lowry on JJ. He'll be forced to run all game long and Lowry doesn't fight through screens anymore. He's going to get tired out. Lowry is much better as a post defender in terms of his man defense.
            He did a pretty good job on Fournier and Ross who play like JJ.

Comment

Agree with this as well. Lowry might be better suited to guard harris or jimmy than jj.

Comment

Lowry doesnt fight through screens? Hes the runaway leader in not only charges drawn but illegal screens and other offensive fouls. Lowry may be slowing down but to say hes not running around like a mad man on defense is asinine
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lowry doesnt fight through screens? Hes the runaway leader in not only charges drawn but illegal screens and other offensive fouls. Lowry may be slowing down but to say hes not running around like a mad man on defense is asinine
                  I think he means running around screens. When it comes to help defense and drawing charges Lowry is elite at PG position but chasing dudes is not his best trait. Then again he did do a good job on dudes like Beal in regular season.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Honestly, if reffing is fair Lowry should be fine but if Embiid is allowed to set illegal screens then I rather have Danny in there
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Considering JJ is literally their 5th scorer, I'm not sure he's the one we need to be worrying about. We need to worry about the other 4 starters more I'd say. If they are relying on JJ v Kyle to win it for them, then we've already won.

Comment

"That's what we think. We think we can win it all," said Joel Embiid, who sat out Game 3 with left knee soreness but averaged 27 points, 14.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 3 blocks in Games 4 and 5. "Obviously, it is going to take a lot. You've got some great teams in the league. We're about to play one of them, and then the next one will not be easy, either Milwaukee or Boston, and then you've got the West, which is pretty tough.
                        "And then the next one isn't gonna be easy after this series".....

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          Considering JJ is literally their 5th scorer, I'm not sure he's the one we need to be worrying about. We need to worry about the other 4 starters more I'd say. If they are relying on JJ v Kyle to win it for them, then we've already won.
                          If we pay insufficient attention to reddick, he will burn us bad. Its exactly because he plays so well without the ball that could be a huge bonus for the 6ers. I get what your saying, but there is only one ball and the guy that moves so well without it could be the one that torches you. I'm more concerned about jj than harris.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            He's not there 5th scorer, Simmons is. And he's actually a HUGE part of what they do. They really spread it around. I was kind of surprised at his numbers too, he's taking career high shots and scoring career high at age 34

PPG this year:

2. Harris 18.2
                            3. Butler 18.2
                            4. Reddick 18.1

Comment

One guy who had a feast on the O-boards vs Nets was Boban. He is not mobile, but given his size Sixers were able to get multiple 2nd (3rd) chance opportunities by him just positioning himself near the bucket and simply grabbing or tapping to others missed shots. We did a decent job rebounding vs Orlando, but it's been a soft spot during the season and Game 1 was a good example where a late game Gordon off. rebound led to 2 second chance points and a subsequent loss.

Comment

Can't get OG back soon enough. No word on timing?

Comment

Working...
                                X