Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    commented on 's reply
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Keith Pompey, Philadelphia Inquirer, May 13, 2019
    Best and Worst Awards

- Worst performance: I had to give this to Greg Monroe. The Sixers backup center graded out at a minus-9 in 1 minute, 41 seconds of action. He also turned the ball over and missed his one field-goal attempt during his brief time on the floor.
    Masai knew when he released Monroe that he would eventually end up with the Sixers, torpedo us somewhat in a prior game to fully gain the Sixers trust and then turn on them like a Raptor secret double agent

• Zak24gege
    commented on 's reply
    Keith Pompey, Philadelphia Inquirer, May 13, 2019
    Best and Worst Awards

- Best performance: This goes to Leonard. He scored a game-high 41 points to go with eight rebounds, three assists and three steals. The 27-year-old also hit the game-winning shot, a 15-foot, fadeaway jumper at the buzzer.

- Worst performance: I had to give this to Greg Monroe. The Sixers backup center graded out at a minus-9 in 1 minute, 41 seconds of action. He also turned the ball over and missed his one field-goal attempt during his brief time on the floor.

- Best defensive performance: Gasol receives this award for his team-high three blocks and for guarding Embiid.

- Worst statistic: This goes to the

- Best statistic: This goes to

The offensive rebounds, led by Ibaka and Leonard with 4 each, and turnovers kept us in this game. We turned the tables on this one as the Sixers up until this game has been the one winning the rebound stat. Who would've thought Monroe would have helped us (non-traditional way) win this game. BTW Fred VV in 15 minutes went 0 - 5 but made all 4 of his free throw attempts and overall was a +10. The only starter with a positive +/- was Kyle Lowry at +2. Ibaka led the team with a +22 rating.

On the night, we had 24 more field goal attempts (89 to 65) than the Sixers. WOW.

• The Claw Reborn
    commented on 's reply
    More than half a day had gone past after that epic shot by Kawhi.

Time to critique:

1. If aint broken then dont fix it, cliche that this coach should drill into his head. Game 5 coaching performance was spectacular but Nicky cant help it and went back to his old ways in Game 6.

2. Continue to limit exposure of his most limited back up Point Guard. Because he aint the answer in guarding Brogdon nor Hill and even Connaughton.

3. Load management should still be off the table.

4. Maximize the strengths of his starters, after game 1, he would already know who to teether to who moving forward.

5. He has 48 hours to work on some more effective after time out plays because Kawhi may not be that lucky anymore next time around.

• DogeLover1234
    commented on 's reply

Yes your correct, playing solid defence will be a must. My view on the offence needing to score the ball better is based on Milwaukee's performance this season and playoffs. They have more offensive weapons than both Orlando and Philly and their guards put a ton of pressure on a team's defence by constantly driving to the rim drawing fouls or kicking out to open shooters. We've also seen the Buck's have shooting slumps similar to our team. Like Kawhi for the Raptors, they have Giannis who can score in the paint and also live at the foul line.
    It has always felt like the Raptors are surprisingly comfortable playing in those ugly slugfests during the Lowry era.

• Zak24gege
    commented on 's reply
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Agreed but important to note that in all 8 Raptor victories so far, they have held the opposition to under 100 points.
    Yes your correct, playing solid defence will be a must. My view on the offence needing to score the ball better is based on Milwaukee's performance this season and playoffs. They have more offensive weapons than both Orlando and Philly and their guards put a ton of pressure on a team's defence by constantly driving to the rim drawing fouls or kicking out to open shooters. We've also seen the Buck's have shooting slumps similar to our team. Like Kawhi for the Raptors, they have Giannis who can score in the paint and also live at the foul line.

• KeonClark
    commented on 's reply
    Scraptor wrote: View Post

Here comes the bandwagon lol. Now we'll start getting texts like "Who is Pascal Siakam?" during the games.
    My uncle in Saskatchewan text me last night in the 3rd q

"Lowrie should stop shooting and give it to the other guy?"

• Scraptor
    commented on 's reply
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    lol judging by my facebook news feed, everyone became a raptor fan at around 9:30 pm eastern last night
    Here comes the bandwagon lol. Now we'll start getting texts like "Who is Pascal Siakam?" during the games.

• Just Is
    commented on 's reply
    Joining the thread late but did we get an update on Lowry's thumb?

Also if that final play isn't being sold on either t-shirts or posters; they're throwing money down the drain. I also think it might have sealed Kawhi's return next season.

• Bendit
    commented on 's reply
    I keep looking at this ... moment in time pic...

• octothorp
    commented on 's reply
    Underrated stat of the game last night: every single Raptor who played had at least 1 offensive rebound. For a team that was looking seriously outmatched on the boards earlier in this series, a dedicated team effort to rebounding was vital.

• KeonClark
    commented on 's reply
    lol judging by my facebook news feed, everyone became a raptor fan at around 9:30 pm eastern last night

• planetmars
    commented on 's reply
    I love the internet

• DanH
    commented on 's reply
    Hallelujah. All praise Kawhi.

Kawhi is indescribably good, even aside from the shot. And the shot was a miracle.

Lowry was awesome in this one, even with a quiet night on the box score.

Every played pretty well, I thought. Siakam was good in spurts when they needed his scoring but overall had a quiet night. Serge was the standout performance beyond the two stars. What a game from him. Ballsy call by Nurse playing him so much late (personally I'd have yanked him for Green but they held on, can't complain), good call to get him involved in the primary action more after they started cheating off him, and generally very solid rotations with a nice shortened rotation, the right players (mostly) initiating the action, and a good defensive strategy on Embiid.

• G__Deane
    commented on 's reply
    What a shot! The greatest moment in Raptor history, Sunday May 12, 2019. Kawhi Leonard has forever cemented his status as Playoff Kawhi. I purposely avoided reading and commenting on RR during the game or even last night as the anxiety level was thru the roof....The first 47:59:56 of the game was some of the ugliest basketball seen so far this playoff run. But man, those last 4 seconds and in particular when the ball bounced up and around the rim before dropping thru were absolutely magical.

Not much time to celebrate as the Bucks have been waiting for our series to finish. We will need to play solid at both ends of the court as I don't think 92 points will be enough to win any games.
    Agreed but important to note that in all 8 Raptor victories so far, they have held the opposition to under 100 points.

• Jclaw
    commented on 's reply
    Called it?

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Must be interesting to be in sports management. Something as simple as a half rotation of spin on the ball may lead to a miss that decides the end of the game for either team. Does that make you choose between stay the course vs blow it up? You might think the same could have been said for last year when several tip ins failed and we lost game one to Cleveland by inches. But then we proceeded to lose the next 3 fairly convincingly. Will be interesting to see what happens to both team either way. Too much time before game 7...mind is wandering.
Working...
X