Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

We saw a lot of offensive rebounds lost where the Magic simly reached over the shorter/softer Raptors backs and took it away. Marc and Serge are not elite rebounders by any stretch. Gasol will have to box out better and let kawhi/danny/spicy P get theirs.
    Actually, watching him through the last series, I thought Marc was doing an excellent job of boxing out and/or tapping the ball to his teammates. Just eye test though, no numbers so maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Jinx, you owe me a deer.. (ECF)
      Have to be a doe or a fawn. Bucks coming next series.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Jinx, you owe me a deer.. (ECF)
        LOL I mean, I did beat you by 3 minutes ... but I'll allow it.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Actually, watching him through the last series, I thought Marc was doing an excellent job of boxing out and/or tapping the ball to his teammates. Just eye test though, no numbers so maybe I'm wrong.
          I had the same impression. What I noticed more though is that the rest of the team (particularly Kawhi, Green & Siakam) adjusted to the way they rebound when they're playing with Gasol. They started to realize Gasol will very rarely go for a two-hand board himself, but he will always have at least one arm on the opposing big, often both (a full box-out), leaving them (the wings) to fly-in for the board unemcumbered.

In other words, they adjusted to the way Marc plays on the glass to improve the overall team-rebounding. If you watch carefully, when Ibaka is on the floor, they (the wings) approach the glass differently. It's exhibit A of enhanced team chemistry and knowing more about each other bit by bit since the all-star break.
          Last edited by inthepaint; Wed Apr 24, 2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

LOL I mean, I did beat you by 3 minutes ... but I'll allow it.

Comment

*facepalm* Brian Windhorst has a column up on ESPN where he's blaming the players for the confrontations with the refs AND he named Scott Foster as one of the best refs in the league

Comment

Comment

Raptors and Sunday afternoon games don't mesh well. They should look to win the first 3 games or it might be 2-2.

Comment

Raptors are in 10 of the top 12 3-man teams in the playoffs (minimum 100 minutes):

Comment

We have dismantled Magic while Green was not in his regular level in terms of shooting - by the way, he was great in defense - , now If Green regains his shooting touch, and Ibaka rebounds more, I think Sixers will be in major trouble.
                      The other major factor in this series is : protecting the homecourt. Another weak point in Sixers defence is their spacing, I mean if Siakam and Green keep moving from the wings to the basket and vice versa, we will have many easy layups.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Raptors are in 10 of the top 12 3-man teams in the playoffs (minimum 100 minutes):

The Raptors have been showing up well so far in the playoffs. Consider as well how poorly Detroit played, which would only have pumped up the numbers for the Bucks starters.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Woo 1 ABC game, which means my cable package will finally carry the american broadcast. Bye bye Leo and Matt for game 4
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Woo 1 ABC game, which means my cable package will finally carry the american broadcast. Bye bye Leo and Matt for game 4
                            Lol! Who still uses cable?
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Simmons is going to discover playoffs Kawhi is a totally different animal, will get PTSD for life.

Noooo noottt the claw!!! Mommy!!!

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Lol! Who still uses cable?
                                This motherfucker right here, that's who
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X