Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not really though, yeah he has to score about 11 to 15 average which he more than did after game 1. I look at Kyle more like a prime Draymond Green at this point. We got a bunch of guy scoring by committee behind Pascal and Kawhi
    The Warriors have two MVP's in their prime AND a guy who would go down as the 2nd greatest shooter ever.

The Raptors have Kawhi, that's it. Lowry is an all star. He's the one that needs to step up. Siakam is still an unproven player. He shouldn't be the 2nd guy behind Kawhi, it should be Lowry.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Comment

Also, i'm not asking Lowry to put up numbers that he's not capable of. He's capable of putting up 20ppg. He's done it in past reg seasons. That's what they need from him if they want to win a championship. GREAT players usually elevate their game in the playoffs, look at Kawhi.

If he's just happy averaging 10ppg then they're not making it to the Finals. They might not even make it to the ECF.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

The Warriors have two MVP's in their prime AND a guy who would go down as the 2nd greatest shooter ever.

The Raptors have Kawhi, that's it. Lowry is an all star. He's the one that needs to step up. Siakam is still an unproven player. He shouldn't be the 2nd guy behind Kawhi, it should be Lowry.
          No it should not be Lowry, because siakam is at this stage a much superior scorer than Lowry. Lowry is still a better basketball player than siakam however. You can stick your all star labels and make them characterize a player and what his raw stats sheet should say, I prefer to deal in reality.

If we continue to get Lowry in games 2 thru 5 all playoffs, that is what we need. You seem to be stuck in the old days where DeRozan and Lowry need to empty the clip and score 20 to win because we got Patrick Patterson, knees shaking wide open at the 3 pt line. This is not 2016 Lowry, and it's definitely not the 2016 Raptors
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            Also, i'm not asking Lowry to put up numbers that he's not capable of. He's capable of putting up 20ppg. He's done it in past reg seasons. That's what they need from him if they want to win a championship. GREAT players usually elevate their game in the playoffs, look at Kawhi.

If he's just happy averaging 10ppg then they're not making it to the Finals. They might not even make it to the ECF.
            Well, yes he's done it in the past, and it certainly didn't lead us to the Finals ... did it?
            That's exactly what we've been asking of him the last few years, and it hasn't worked ... I think it's in our best interest to not have to rely on Lowry to score 20 points a game. That way when he does, it's just a bonus, and not a pre-requisite.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Well, yes he's done it in the past, and it certainly didn't lead us to the Finals ... did it?
                    That's exactly what we've been asking of him the last few years, and it hasn't worked ... I think it's in our best interest to not have to rely on Lowry to score 20 points a game. That way when he does, it's just a bonus, and not a pre-requisite.
                    It didn't work because we didn't have Kawhi Leonard on the team.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It didn't work because we didn't have Kawhi Leonard on the team.
                      We also didn't have the Most Improved Player in the League ... and we didn't have Danny Green to cover the ace guards ... we didn't have Marc Gasol protecting the rim ... it's a completely different team this year. And we've gotten here, with this team, with Lowry not scoring 20 a game. Why would we change everything now? That's exactly the wrong thing to do in the playoffs, and something Casey would do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        From The Athletic (for Golden and T Rex) 6 foot guy with stubby arms leading the league in deflections. But yknow, he doesn't fight through screens
                        Those are impressive numbers (taking charges we expect). Conversely, it is concerning there is such a drop with FVV running the team. He spent a lot of time matched-up against Ross which is a tough cover for him, but he needs to contribute more offensively (blew at least 3 unchallenged lay-ups...)

Until the Orlando series, I was concerned about the Embiid - Gasol match-up even though the stats (from 5 games) would suggest otherwise. Watching how he was able to shut down Vucevic changed my opinion. I now feel Gasol will be able to handle Embiid defensively and at the offensive end, he is a good outside shooter which should draw Embiid away from the basket and allow more space for Kawhi, Siakam and Lowry to get to the bucket.
                        Last edited by Zak24gege; Thu Apr 25, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

We also didn't have the Most Improved Player in the League ... and we didn't have Danny Green to cover the ace guards ... we didn't have Marc Gasol protecting the rim ... it's a completely different team this year. And we've gotten here, with this team, with Lowry not scoring 20 a game. Why would we change everything now? That's exactly the wrong thing to do in the playoffs, and something Casey would do.
                          Who says change?

Lowry was pretty good in Game 2. He scored 22 in that game. Did they change anything in that game? he was just more aggressive. He was pretty good in the 1st quarter of Game 5 as well where he scored 12. Both games were huge blowouts.

The bottomline is, the Raptors are a dominant team when Lowry is more aggressive offensively.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Ross can rise over shorter defenders (like FVV). Reddick, not so much. That'll help.
                            Yeah this should be a much better series for Fred. His defense will be there, hopefully he can keep hitting open threes and start making more of those layups and stuff off the dribble.

It would be huge if OG can come back for half this series.

Comment

• I dont think t rex noticed that Lowry has adjusted his game this year to better suit his new surroundings.

I dont think he noticed a career high in pts for Kawhi. Career high for siakam, career high for fred. Not sure he noticed the best scoring season of serges career. I'm not sure t rex noticed Danny greens resurgent season. Or Kyle's career high assists, and lowest attempts in years.

sometimes I wonder if t rex notices anything at all
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                The flu has made a resurgence this month...probably what Kawhi had. Keep them as far away from each other as they can

Comment

Working...
                                X