History Repeating Itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Oh, it will be fine. The NBA has no interest in a Miami vs. Brooklyn matchup. I am sure the officiating will be fair and square.

Also, we need a new thread for Game 1. Go Raps.
    Maybe we could have one thread for the whole series?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Oh, it will be fine. The NBA has no interest in a Miami vs. Brooklyn matchup. I am sure the officiating will be fair and square.

?sarcasm?

Comment

On the other hand, the NBA actually does have a huge interest in running the risk of incurring a massive scandal which damages viewership and leaguewide income for decades.

Because if commissioner-ordered match fixing ever gets out, the NBA is over.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm just glad we have everyone healthy this time around. So at least we go in full force. No what ifs or shoulda-woulda-couldas.

Many forget that during the 06-07 season Garbo got injured and missed the playoffs. IMO that was a huge loss to our dynamic as a team back then. And we never really recovered from that, never really had a true starting caliber SF that produced and fit in the way he did. Even now.

This time everyone's healthy (well...mostly), so their destiny is in their own hands. They know they can beat Brooklyn, they just have to execute. But no matter what happens, the experience they gain this year will be huge for their growth, and a great stepping stone for improvement next year.

Comment

History is repeating yet again. I really think MU needs to look hard at replacing DC with SVG.

Comment

is it true that VC had a horrible first playoff game just like DD and then in game 2 he bounced backed??? does that mean DeMar would also bounce back on Tuesday??
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                is it true that VC had a horrible first playoff game just like DD and then in game 2 he bounced backed??? does that mean DeMar would also bounce back on Tuesday??
                VC was pretty bad in his first playoff game. but even VC's bad was better than derozans performance today, which makes sense since DD is nowhere near VC's talent level.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  VC was pretty bad in his first playoff game. but even VC's bad was better than derozans performance today, which makes sense since DD is nowhere near VC's talent level.
                  man, that's a shame..... how great was his 2nd game??? ( you know so i'll get an Idea on how great demars game 2 would be )
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    man, that's a shame..... how great was his 2nd game??? ( you know so i'll get an Idea on how great demars game 2 would be )

he went from a -3 in the first game to +20 in the second, and they won the second game.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      he went from a -3 in the first game to +20 in the second, and they won the second game.
                      were gonna win the second too then

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        History is repeating yet again. I really think MU needs to look hard at replacing DC with SVG.
                        Geez. Its ONE game. I still think Raptors wins this series in 6-7 games.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yea man, for sure, this series is freakin over. Oh man, we lost game one, it's nothing if not inevitable!! Sheesh, gimme a break,

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I think there will be some shakiness and the Nets might steal a game (possibly game #1).. and if that happens the Raptors will have to play the underdog role despite being the 3rd seed just like in 2006. I have a lot of confidence in Lowry to help get the team to play like they have all season. The team didn't have a leader like that the last time they played the Nets in the playoffs.

There are some similarities, however the future is much brighter. MU has expressed already how he doesn't want the team to be just making the playoffs and wants a championship. Tim Lieweke is all business. There is cap flexibility in a year to get a max contract player and with three guys under the age of 24 playing critical minutes.
                            Nostrowhathis name!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Yea man, for sure, this series is freakin over. Oh man, we lost game one, it's nothing if not inevitable!! Sheesh, gimme a break,
                              Brooklyn has the experience and is calm under pressure. I really want the a Raptors to win but reality tells me it's not gonna happen. The refs give them calls ie Williams flop. Joe Johnson is unstoppable. Only KG looks like maybe he could be a detriment even so hit a big shot in game 1. The Nets are the best at home when not purposefully losing for seeding. We have talent and athleticism but no way it is going to be enough. All posters that read this can gladly make me eat crow if Raps pull a rabbit out of a hat but I just cannot get there. Also in any close game in last 2 minutes do you really think we are not a disadvantage re players and play calling?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Brooklyn has the experience and is calm under pressure. I really want the a Raptors to win but reality tells me it's not gonna happen. The refs give them calls ie Williams flop. Joe Johnson is unstoppable. Only KG looks like maybe he could be a detriment even so hit a big shot in game 1. The Nets are the best at home when not purposefully losing for seeding. We have talent and athleticism but no way it is going to be enough. All posters that read this can gladly make me eat crow if Raps pull a rabbit out of a hat but I just cannot get there. Also in any close game in last 2 minutes do you really think we are not a disadvantage re players and play calling?
                                the only 'reality' is all you do is high-five fellow doomsday messenger GLF all day here. there is no guarantee that either team will win, thats the WHOLE POINT of a competitive game. bulls at home got beat by the wizards. clippers at home got beat by the warriors. pacers got absolutely obliterated at home by atlanta. joe johnson unstoppable? even derozans 'defense' shut him down until salmons came on.

brooklyn calm under pressure? what happened the last time we beat brooklyn in brooklyn? oh a totally dazed and confused paul pierce who couldn't even pick up the ball after the patterson jumper? yah thats calm under pressure.

we have a lot of things going against us. the media. supposedly the refs. hell, even espn technicians if we want to go that far. last thing we need or care about are shitty, crybaby worrywarts like you who feel the need to share their doom and gloom all day as if its fact, only to throw in a little "hope i'm wrong!" tidbit at the end for no particular reason other than to cover your ass.
                                Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Apr 20, 2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X