Defence, DEFENCE, DEFENCE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence, DEFENCE, DEFENCE!!!

lets talk raptors defence and why we are going to win the championship!

let’s start with nick nurse this team defensive scheme is way better than Casey. This is the first time in team history where I can say we playing team defence.

game one against 76ers the raptors made a real attempt to play defence for 4 quarters. I think Orlando game 1 lost was a blessing. Since then the raptors have took on that Scarborough no lap ups allowed mentality. I freaken love it

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    lets talk raptors defence and why we are going to win the championship!

let’s start with nick nurse this team defensive scheme is way better than Casey. This is the first time in team history where I can say we playing team defence.

game one against 76ers the raptors made a real attempt to play defence for 4 quarters. I think Orlando game 1 lost was a blessing. Since then the raptors have took on that Scarborough no lap ups allowed mentality. I freaken love it
    Reminiscent of the 2004 Pistons, 2009 Lakers and 2014 Spurs. Every 5 years a team with a DPOY candidate that isn't that star studded wins the title?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I put this in the game thread, but it belongs here:

Comment

I like the 09 laker comp the more I consider it

Kobe = Kawhi
        Odom = siakam
        Gasol = hmm this one is a little tougher
        Fisher = Lowry
        Ariza = green

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Kobe = Kawhi
          Odom = siakam
          Fisher = Lowry
          Ariza = green
          Wish we could go up against that Orlando team they faced in the finals. We'd destroy them.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Wish we could go up against that Orlando team they faced in the finals. We'd destroy them.
            Bring on all the 2019 teams

Comment

Kobe = Kawhi
              Odom = siakam
              Fisher = Lowry
              Ariza = green
              Fisher/Lowry is pretty much bang on. But seriously, I love the Siakam as an uber athletic Lamar Odom comp.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Fisher/Lowry is pretty much bang on. But seriously, I love the Siakam as an uber athletic Lamar Odom comp.
                I've heard that comp a few times now. Maybe I'm underrating Odom but even at this stage I'd say give me Siakam by a landslide.

Comment

Reminiscent of the 2004 Pistons, 2009 Lakers and 2014 Spurs. Every 5 years a team with a DPOY candidate that isn't that star studded wins the title?
                  I was thinking about the other day how crazy the legend of kawhi will be if we were to defeat GSW in the finals. It would be the 2nd time he defeated one the modern day superteams on their way to a 3-peat. And probably the best 2 teams in terms of top end talent since kobe shaq lakers. The parallels are kinda crazy as Durant would likely leave to rebuild his image much like Lebron did when the spurs dethroned them... This is story book stuff. So it's defiantly happening.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I've heard that comp a few times now. Maybe I'm underrating Odom but even at this stage I'd say give me Siakam by a landslide.
                    Odom was a better rebounder, and had much better court vision, I'd say. He was more of a "heady" player. I think Odom is definitely underrated these days. Dude could ball.

But Siakam has a better first step and is more explosive, and is much better man on man defender.

I think the comp only exists because they're both tall and lanky and can dribble some. Lol

Honestly, I struggle to find a true good comp for Siakam. I think he's pretty damn unique.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Odom was a better rebounder, and had much better court vision, I'd say. He was more of a "heady" player. I think Odom is definitely underrated these days. Dude could ball.

But Siakam has a better first step and is more explosive, and is much better man on man defender.

I think the comp only exists because they're both tall and lanky and can dribble some. Lol

Honestly, I struggle to find a true good comp for Siakam. I think he's pretty damn unique.
                      Siakam is Giannis if Giannis wasnt on HGH

Comment

But Lowry is way better than Fisher ever was.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The good thing is that Philly's "high powered offense" was relatively held in check again. We couldn't have played any worse offensively, yet were in a position to tie the game late. Small solace moving onto Game 3.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            The good thing is that Philly's "high powered offense" was relatively held in check again. We couldn't have played any worse offensively, yet were in a position to tie the game late. Small solace moving onto Game 3.
                            Actually, it's a lot of solace. Hard to imagine going 3 for 15 on three pointers, with so many open shots. Philly did almost as poorly but most of the shots they took were contested. That means the Raptors defense was working, and theirs wasn't. That is what is needed. Once Nurse pulls his head out of his nether regions everything will be fine.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Actually, it's a lot of solace. Hard to imagine going 3 for 15 on three pointers, with so many open shots. Philly did almost as poorly but most of the shots they took were contested. That means the Raptors defense was working, and theirs wasn't. That is what is needed. Once Nurse pulls his head out of his nether regions everything will be fine.
                              our field goal % this playoffs: 46, 48, 45, 53, 48, 52, 36

one of these things is not like the others. Easy to see why we lost, and it still came down to the final possessions. I'm not too worried

Comment

Working...
                              X