Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game #3 ECSF (1-1) Raptors @ 76ers. May 2nd, 2019. SN1, ESPN 8:00 pm(Moose Factory, ON). 5:00 pm(Greenville, BC). 2:00 am(Brescia, Italy).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #3 ECSF (1-1) Raptors @ 76ers. May 2nd, 2019. SN1, ESPN 8:00 pm(Moose Factory, ON). 5:00 pm(Greenville, BC). 2:00 am(Brescia, Italy).

On Thursday night the Raps look to respond and grab a big road win in game 3. In a game that they had no business being in the Raptors somehow managed to be within a possession with 24 second to go. We all know what happened after that and now its evened up at 1-1. The positive is that the 6ers were held to under 100 pts for the second straight game. The defense has been unbelievable thus far, and an average offensive output with some minor contributions from the bench will be enough to get a victory most night with that level of defense. Someone off the bench is due to have a positive impact in this one and if the starter play to the same level Toronto steals this one on the road.

Matchups

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

X-Factor:

Nick Nurse- After deciding against changing up rotations for the first 2 games the onus is now on coach Nurse to adjust. The first and foremost which many have been calling for is to connect Gasol & Embiid at the hip and match their playing time second for second. The 2nd much easier adjustment is simply avoid throwing Jodie Meeks on the court in a key situation and strike a balance between a combination of starters and bench players. Brett Brown was able to make key changes to bounce back from a disappointing lose, Nick finds himself in the same situation and I expect to see some tweaks. If he can put his players in a good position to match the 6ers lineups he will be rewarded with a solid road win.

Bertas things to keep an eye on- Marc Gasol, the defensive reputation of the big burrito has been on full display this postseason. Now is time for Big Spain to show off his offensive repertoire. Philly changed their defensive assignments to match-up Harris on Gasol. While the process shifted to Spicy P for an all Cameroonian battle. Look for Marc to post up Harris and look for his own shot a bit more. If he can score on Harris at a decent rate the 6ers may be forced to show help in the post, which will lead to the Orca being able to set up team mates with sweet dimes.

(NSFW)

Go get em Berta!

Comment

All man. All amazing.

Comment

No fear ....

Comment

Nurse: Anunoby not considered close to return

Comment

lmao that picture of Simmons and Lowry had me belly laughing for 18 seconds straight, it's like Simmons is really digging the thicness

Berta the MIP will take us to the ECF

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
              lmao that picture of Simmons and Lowry had me belly laughing for 18 seconds straight, it's like Simmons is really digging the thicness

Berta the MIP will take us to the ECF
              Or maybe kyle ......after scarfing down two sardine and onion sandwiches....dropped a rose for Simmons to suffer through

Comment

That sucks
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

That sucks
                  Its all smokescreen.

Doughboy Bargnani returned after 4 weeks.

Anunoby is going to come back soon!

Comment

Great job Berta, There are a number of Raptor players that have yet to step up offensively this series. Green, Gasol, our bench are all overdue for a contribution. Our Coach has a job to do as well. This will be the toughest test so far for this edition of our team. We gave the last game away. Time to get it back.

Comment

Sounds like Gasol may be an offensive focal point

Were gonna find ways to exploit that a little bit, said Gasol, who was working on duck-in moves after practice Tuesday with Raptors assistant coach Jamaal Magloire. We know once the ball gets there and gets into the paint, a lot of the time Joel is coming [to double]. When he gets there, either I make a play for myself or for somebody else.
                      and be tethered to Embiid

For me it was trying to stick to our guns a little bit, Nurse said. And our rotations felt really good for five straight games. Like, really really good, not just okay, like, really really good. And again, dont think that Im not tinkering with those in my head all game long. Then of course when its over some of the suggestions and some of the things I was thinking about doing I wish I would have done. You always do that, right? I think the thinking was, again, I really liked the way Serge played Embiid in the regular season. He had some really good moments against him there so I wanted to continue to explore and take a look at that a little bit.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Rachel Nichols: Can the Raptors rely on any player besides Kawhi?

Jackie McMullan: Lowry is not a guy you can count on every night but he'll have his moments.

T-Mac - Lowry needs to be more consistent. He's the X-Factor.

Comment

Interesting factoid: every team in the bottom half of three point shooting this playoffs has been eliminated--except Philly. The next team still alive after Philly at 13th is us at 8th.

It's too late to lament the past but damn we could have used another shooter. I fear it's only going to become more glaring as we progress further.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Interesting factoid: every team in the bottom half of three point shooting this playoffs has been eliminated--except Philly. The next team still alive after Philly at 13th is us at 8th.

It's too late to lament the past but damn we could have used another shooter. I fear it's only going to become more glaring as we progress further.
                            No worries. We were the #1 three-point shooting team in the league after the all-star break. Would be interesting to see if Philly improved after getting Tobias and Mike Scott.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

No worries. We were the #1 three-point shooting team in the league after the all-star break. Would be interesting to see if Philly improved after getting Tobias and Mike Scott.
                              True, but it still feels like we're streaky from outside. I don't have confidence in the reliability of anyone outside of Kawhi. It's possible that we are reverting to the mean after a period of outperformance.

Philly dropped in 3pt % post all star because Harris shot 32.6% and they sent out Shamet.

Comment

Working...
                              X