Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
    The key to JJ is to absolutely exploit the hell out of him on defense. Have him give back so much that Brown can't play him. He's a glaring weakspot on defense for their starting lineup.
    This is the correct answer

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Good time, Prime time.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        This series is about redemption for the last time they met in the playoffs.
        hopefully kawhi doesn't have any graduation ceremony to attend
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

For Philly, running their offense through their SF makes them so interesting. On one hand it makes it easier for them to avoid being undersized anywhere and always makes for a potential nightmare matchup at the (traditional) PG position. That said, we have possibly the best SF defender in the history of the game on our squad. The fact that his natural matchup is to guard their offensive initiator... pleases me.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

No word on timing, just heard he was walking around ACC with no issue....I don't think its beneficial to release a timeline, having OG off the bench really does change the gameplan vs a Norm or a Meeks for Philadelphia
            He provides good size, a second reliable big off the bench would be helpful against Sixers.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              For Philly, running their offense through their SF makes them so interesting. On one hand it makes it easier for them to avoid being undersized anywhere and always makes for a potential nightmare matchup at the (traditional) PG position. That said, we have possibly the best SF defender in the history of the game on our squad. The fact that his natural matchup is to guard their offensive initiator... pleases me.
              Ben is scared of Kawhi. That helps. We might see a more of Jimmy handling things.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

He provides good size, a second reliable big off the bench would be helpful against Sixers.
                It may prove necessity. Sounds like Brett Brown is more apt to keep his starters together for longer periods of time. Against Orlando the deficiencies of our second unit only hurt us so much... If they have to lineup against several of the starters... it could be deadly for us. It's gonna be a chess match of which coach can string the strengths of their lineups together well enough not to have major lapses.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Also means they give up a ton against scoring guards, dribble penetration for days. If there were a series for Kyle to score 20 points per game like everyone wants its this one. It throws a wrench in matchups defensively, but this team is well equipt to deal with it. This will be a good test to how good Raps offense really is, not convinced Siakam will be able to get whatever he wants like last series.

Comment

STARTERS:

AT

STARTERS:

NOTES:
                    • Raptors are now on our longest playoff win streak in team history.
                    • Raptors won the season series vs Philly 3-1, with Kawhi putting up 30.3/7.7/2.7 and 4stls per game over 3 games
                    • Ben Simmons averaged 6.3 turnovers per game against the Raps this season
                    • Sixers have lost 13 straight at Scotiabank Arena dating back to November 2012
                    • In 1943, Philadelphia Phillies owner Robert Carpenter attempted to rename the team the Blue Jays.
                    • Marc Gasol has been very effective against Joel Embiid. Per Gilbert McGregor: "The two have met five times and Gasol has had a hand in holding Embiid to averages of 14.0 points (on 34.4 FG%), 12.4 rebounds to go along with 4.4 turnovers per game. The Gasol-led Grizzlies were 3-2 against Embiid and the Sixers"
                    • Kyle dislocated the ring finger on his shooting hand in Game 5 vs the Magic, but popped it back in and is hopeful it will be fine by Game 1. He was wearing a splint in the post-game press conference.

Some stats I compiled for comparison purposes:

Tentative schedule:

WINS REMAINING:

Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Apr 26, 2019, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• planetmars
                      planetmars commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nilanka wrote: View Post

It's not against the rules, though.
                      Yeah I remember Casey trying to disrupt a shooter last year.. I think it was a Cav in that playoff series last year.. but don't quite remember the details.

• KeonClark
                      KeonClark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah these opposing bench antics while the guy is about to shoot from the corner is getting a bit out of hand this year. Refs need to keep an eye on that and starting handing T's for that. Saying stuff from the bench is probably okay, but doing any physical motion like standing up, waving arms, whipping towels etc.. that should be an automatic technical foul.
                      I don't see a problem with it. This isn't golf.. just don't cross the line of play with your towels or arms

• GOLDBLUM
                      GOLDBLUM commented
                      Editing a comment

I don't see a problem with it. This isn't golf.. just don't cross the line of play with your towels or arms
                      Funny thing is, almost every time I've seen someone cross the line in this regard, the shooter drains it and schools the bench.

It's the last bastion of the weak.

The Raps did a heck of a job guarding T-Ross in the Orlando series. Redick plays a lot like Ross but a MUCH better shooter. They need to guard him the way they guarded Ross.

Harris is another one. He lit up the Nets in the 1st round. Raps need to do a much better job of containing him in this series.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I popped this into the game thread but something to chew on here too.

Note the free throws per game... Embiid led the league in fouls drawn per game at 7.7 (Kawhi was 7th). In the first round though, Kyle averaged as many as Embiid (6.0 each).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I popped this into the game thread but something to chew on here too.

Note the free throws per game... Embiid led the league in fouls drawn per game at 7.7 (Kawhi was 7th). In the first round though, Kyle averaged as many as Embiid (6.0 each).
                        Raptors ended up 6th in 3%?? That was our biggest worry most of the year lol
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pretty sure we were #1 in that category since the Gasol trade.

Comment

Being first in the league since Gasol came over helped.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Pretty sure we were #1 in that category since the Gasol trade.
                              Jinx, you owe me a deer.. (ECF)

Comment

Working...
                              X