No announcement yet.

Everything Round 2: Raps vs Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key to JJ is to absolutely exploit the hell out of him on defense. Have him give back so much that Brown can't play him. He's a glaring weakspot on defense for their starting lineup.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
      One guy who had a feast on the O-boards vs Nets was Boban. He is not mobile, but given his size Sixers were able to get multiple 2nd (3rd) chance opportunities by him just positioning himself near the bucket and simply grabbing or tapping to others missed shots. We did a decent job rebounding vs Orlando, but it's been a soft spot during the season and Game 1 was a good example where a late game Gordon off. rebound led to 2 second chance points and a subsequent loss.
      Boban shouldn't be a playable player on a contender. Put him in pick and roll, push the pace, get him off the court.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

One guy who had a feast on the O-boards vs Nets was Boban. He is not mobile, but given his size Sixers were able to get multiple 2nd (3rd) chance opportunities by him just positioning himself near the bucket and simply grabbing or tapping to others missed shots. We did a decent job rebounding vs Orlando, but it's been a soft spot during the season and Game 1 was a good example where a late game Gordon off. rebound led to 2 second chance points and a subsequent loss.
        We saw a lot of offensive rebounds lost where the Magic simly reached over the shorter/softer Raptors backs and took it away. Marc and Serge are not elite rebounders by any stretch. Gasol will have to box out better and let kawhi/danny/spicy P get theirs.

Comment

Can't get OG back soon enough. No word on timing?
          No word on timing, just heard he was walking around ACC with no issue....I don't think its beneficial to release a timeline, having OG off the bench really does change the gameplan vs a Norm or a Meeks for Philadelphia
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

He's not there 5th scorer, Simmons is. And he's actually a HUGE part of what they do. They really spread it around. I was kind of surprised at his numbers too, he's taking career high shots and scoring career high at age 34

PPG this year:

2. Harris 18.2
            3. Butler 18.2
            4. Reddick 18.1
            Better put him at 3 then, cause harris was averaging like 22 with the clips, so if his season average is 18, then with the 6ers hes probably around 15 or something...i dont know why i dont just look it up lol.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Better put him at 3 then, cause harris was averaging like 22 with the clips, so if his season average is 18, then with the 6ers hes probably around 15 or something...i dont know why i dont just look it up lol.
              No, those are all of their Sixers averages. Butler takes 13.6 fga and Reddick takes 13.5

Embiid is their clear #1 like Kawhi, then the 4 below him all share pretty communally

their bench guys dont really shoot or score and are just killing time till theyre back.

Comment

Although not seeing many minutes, our 9th man Meeks is struggling shooting the ball. He was able to get a decent run with the 3rd unit, but his jumpers were off and his drives were either blocked or missed. BTW, that 3rd unit was baaaaad. They went 6:02 without scoring a bucket. Funny at the end I think Nurse wanted them to hold the ball and take a 24 second shot clock turnover, but someone shot the ball instead and Nurse looked p.o'd. Good that their job is to facilitate practices and cheer for the guys who actually play!

Comment

I really wish we had OG for this series to throw out in some defensive lineups

Comment

this is the series masai brought Gasol here for. in masai we trust raps in 6.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

This series is about redemption for the last time they met in the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          More multi-day breaks between games
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

Our guys are much older, Kyle now has a bad finger, Kawhi was limping...I don't hate it. It stands to help Embiid maybe a bit though

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

It's a definite advantage for Gasol, Lowry, Green & Ibaka, plus Kawhi's load management.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X