Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play Lin instead of FVV at this point..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope we trade FVV

Comment

Guys seriously... How can Lin possibly be worse than FVV at this point.... Pleaseeee like come on

Comment

At least Fred plays pretty good defense and will move the ball. Do we not remember how much Lin turned ball over and was a sieve defensively. I get Fred has been bad but Lin is not the answer.

Comment

Lin or Meeks.

I feel Meeks can give us some sneaky threes.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Wow look at that they eliminated Powell's minutes (who is actually bad) and increased FVV's minutes (who is impactful when used correctly, in spite of his shooting struggles this series, which continued in this one) and they won, including winning FVV's minutes handily (+10 in 15 MP). It's almost like he's better than a replacement level PG.
            Oh come on Dan! He's the worst player getting consistent minutes in the playoffs. You don't need any stats to show you that.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Oh come on Dan! He's the worst player getting consistent minutes in the playoffs. You don't need any stats to show you that.
              DanH has been exposed badly in these playoffs - just like FVV. Almost everything his stats predict or suggest we should do is turning out wrong.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

DanH has been exposed badly in these playoffs - just like FVV. Almost everything his stats predict or suggest we should do is turning out wrong.
                Got any examples? I'm always looking for ways to improve my tactical suggestions based on their failing or not (or the opposite of them failing or not). My big fight from round 2 was hard matching Gasol to Embiid. Haven't really been online to suggest much for round 3, was offline this weekend.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Eek... this thread didn’t age well. Lol.

also...

I for one was excited to see what Jeremy could bring when we acquired him. Whether it was a case of nerves or what not, his shot utterly eluded him and he virtually completely forgot how to play basketball. Tough to have a career where when you’re done you’re discarded like a piece of trash. Hopefully he’ll have fun in either China or Moscow if he continues things over there. Tough to go from becoming a Champ, (even if he didn’t contribute on the court) to “rock bottom.” Guess winning alone ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Moreover, where does the Everything Jeremy Lin thread go if it can’t even be moved to the wasteland of LET’S NBA?

Wishing you well Jeremy, wherever the road takes you next.
                  Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Jul 28, 2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

It's hard not to like the guy but the NBA never gave up on him or it would have years ago. He turned initial hype into 10 seasons for 8 franchises and 4-5 productive ones while earning a ton of dough and becoming the first Asian-American to win a chip.

No tears please.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Eek... this thread didn’t age well. Lol.
                      yup it did not haha, Fredy sure made up for his early struggles during playoffs

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

yup it did not haha, Fredy sure made up for his early struggles during playoffs
                        Maybe Dan H was correct about the merits of Freddy vs Lin. Hotfuzz, Golden, where are you?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Maybe Dan H was correct about the merits of Freddy vs Lin. Hotfuzz, Golden, where are you?
                          I don't really feel like making the argument that we should play the actual NBA rotation player over the guy who was decidedly not that should qualify as "correct." I love patting myself on the back on the rare occasion where I'm right but this one doesn't exactly feel earned.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I don't really feel like making the argument that we should play the actual NBA rotation player over the guy who was decidedly not that should qualify as "correct." I love patting myself on the back on the rare occasion where I'm right but this one doesn't exactly feel earned.
                            What a flex lol
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

lol. You got the wrong guy here, Puff. I never said Lin should replace Fred in the lineup. More that, FVV simply sucked, in part because Nurse was trying to make him be a point guard, which he isn't and also because of his physical limitations. I kept pointing out that Lin sucked ever since coming here (more than any other time in his career), and I thought it was because he couldn't adapt to Nurse' giving his player's more freedom. My point was, and still is, that FVV can be replaced with backup PGs like DJ Augustin and that ilk. And that Fred is unplayable in certain matchups. Both of those things are still true.

If you want to "I told you so" on me for anything, it's that I suggested in the Sixers and Bucks series that most of Fred's minutes should go to Powell - which is what Nurse ended up doing until Fred Jr. arrived. Go back and look at my rotation suggestions - Lin is nowhere in sight. And Playoff Norm showed up this year, so I don't see anything wrong with either Powell or FVV.

Sell high.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

lol. You got the wrong guy here, Puff. I never said Lin should replace Fred in the lineup. More that, FVV simply sucked, in part because Nurse was trying to make him be a point guard, which he isn't and also because of his physical limitations. I kept pointing out that Lin sucked ever since coming here (more than any other time in his career), and I thought it was because he couldn't adapt to Nurse' giving his player's more freedom. My point was, and still is, that FVV can be replaced with backup PGs like DJ Augustin and that ilk. And that Fred is unplayable in certain matchups. Both of those things are still true.

If you want to "I told you so" on me for anything, it's that I suggested in the Sixers and Bucks series that most of Fred's minutes should go to Powell - which is what Nurse ended up doing until Fred Jr. arrived. Go back and look at my rotation suggestions - Lin is nowhere in sight. And Playoff Norm showed up this year, so I don't see anything wrong with either Powell or FVV.

Sell high.
                                LOL. Right you are, it was a shoot from the hip snark. I was simply referencing the statement at the top of this page, "DanH has been exposed badly in these playoffs - just like FVV. Almost everything his stats predict or suggest we should do is turning out wrong." Fred was having a terrible shooting stretch in the playoffs. But a lot of folks thought he was playing well defensively. Dan insisted that his impact was positive overall, significantly moreso than could be expected from Lin, who was a disaster in his time playing with the Raptors in the regular season. I would say Dan was bang on with that observation.

My comment was a playful potshot. Glad you took it that way.

Have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X