Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play Lin instead of FVV at this point..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Eek... this thread didn’t age well. Lol.

also...

I for one was excited to see what Jeremy could bring when we acquired him. Whether it was a case of nerves or what not, his shot utterly eluded him and he virtually completely forgot how to play basketball. Tough to have a career where when you’re done you’re discarded like a piece of trash. Hopefully he’ll have fun in either China or Moscow if he continues things over there. Tough to go from becoming a Champ, (even if he didn’t contribute on the court) to “rock bottom.” Guess winning alone ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Moreover, where does the Everything Jeremy Lin thread go if it can’t even be moved to the wasteland of LET’S NBA?

Wishing you well Jeremy, wherever the road takes you next.
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Jul 28, 2019, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

DanH has been exposed badly in these playoffs - just like FVV. Almost everything his stats predict or suggest we should do is turning out wrong.
    Got any examples? I'm always looking for ways to improve my tactical suggestions based on their failing or not (or the opposite of them failing or not). My big fight from round 2 was hard matching Gasol to Embiid. Haven't really been online to suggest much for round 3, was offline this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Oh come on Dan! He's the worst player getting consistent minutes in the playoffs. You don't need any stats to show you that.
    DanH has been exposed badly in these playoffs - just like FVV. Almost everything his stats predict or suggest we should do is turning out wrong.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Wow look at that they eliminated Powell's minutes (who is actually bad) and increased FVV's minutes (who is impactful when used correctly, in spite of his shooting struggles this series, which continued in this one) and they won, including winning FVV's minutes handily (+10 in 15 MP). It's almost like he's better than a replacement level PG.
    Oh come on Dan! He's the worst player getting consistent minutes in the playoffs. You don't need any stats to show you that.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Lin or Meeks.

I feel Meeks can give us some sneaky threes.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    At least Fred plays pretty good defense and will move the ball. Do we not remember how much Lin turned ball over and was a sieve defensively. I get Fred has been bad but Lin is not the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Kawhisexual
    replied
    Guys seriously... How can Lin possibly be worse than FVV at this point.... Pleaseeee like come on

Leave a comment:

• Kawhisexual
    replied
    I really hope we trade FVV

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

George hill might be 6'2 , but hes got a 6'9 wingspan and is a top notch perimeter defender when hes locked in so that's largely irrelevant...Bledsoe is also very long. Everybody on the bucks has arms that hang to their ankles lol
    Yeah, long and lean was the Bucks team building philosophy a few years back when they drafted Thon Maker and had John Henson on the roster. Not sure what everybody is talking about, but they are still pretty damn long.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

One difference though is the point. Bledsoe is like 6'1 and Hill is like 6'2.. so they aren't going to be as threatening as Butler or Simmons to block all his shots.

Most of the Bucks length is in their front court. Brook is a really good shot blocker. And Giannis is a freak obviously. Mirotic, Middleton, Brown, Snell, and Ilyasova all have length though. Might be harder on guys like Green, Norm and Pascal. Wish we had OG healthy for this one.
    George hill might be 6'2 , but hes got a 6'9 wingspan and is a top notch perimeter defender when hes locked in so that's largely irrelevant...Bledsoe is also very long. Everybody on the bucks has arms that hang to their ankles lol

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately for Fred, Bucks are just as long as the Sixers. Probably the 2 longest playoff teams in the NBA this year from 1 thru 5. So yeah I don't know if Fred will get any more clean looks
    One difference though is the point. Bledsoe is like 6'1 and Hill is like 6'2.. so they aren't going to be as threatening as Butler or Simmons to block all his shots.

Most of the Bucks length is in their front court. Brook is a really good shot blocker. And Giannis is a freak obviously. Mirotic, Middleton, Brown, Snell, and Ilyasova all have length though. Might be harder on guys like Green, Norm and Pascal. Wish we had OG healthy for this one.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Unfortunately for Fred, Bucks are just as long as the Sixers. Probably the 2 longest playoff teams in the NBA this year from 1 thru 5. So yeah I don't know if Fred will get any more clean looks

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I'm actually agreeing that Fred is "playable", but only in very limited lineup combinations and in a very limited role. But seriously, man, when you're questioning whether a guy is "playable" or not, that's a pretty low bar, don't you think? That is basically the definition of replacement player.
    Replacement level is Lorenzo Brown. No, FVV is not even remotely a replacement level player. Surely you can see this.

But I'm not questioning whether FVV is playable. You are. All I said was IF you decide he is unplayable, the answer is not to drop a lesser player into his spot, it's to have his minutes eaten up by the guys in front of him in the rotation. Which gladly is the logic Nurse applied when he dropped Norm from the rotation in this one. Gave the minutes to the guys in front of him in the rotation (FVV, Serge, starters).

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Lin is not the answer neither the brief time of Van Vleet on the court.

The coming around narrative is still fool’s gold. It is quiet obvious his limitations had so much weight in the playoffs. You can not just hide these. We were very very fortunate that Serge showed up when it mattered, if not then bench would again be one of the biggest factor that could have sealed the fate of the Raptors. Thank you God we have Superman.

Big Picture Scenario: he should not be the understudy of Kyle. If Kawhi stays then it is more of a given that Raptors cannot carry him over moving forward.

Trading him in the offseason for a late rounder to acquire a prospect with length is a prudent move.

Nickeil Alexander Walker
    Jaylen Hands
    Joshua Obiesie

Enough of this betting on him bullshit because we Aint getting the ROI that we all expected after he signed that 8million per big ones.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Fred seems to be slowly coming around the last couple games. I generally liked what he did in his brief time last night.

Lin is not the answer and the ECF is not the time to prove otherwise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X