Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play Lin instead of FVV at this point..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wouldn't it make more sense to play Lin instead of FVV at this point..?

    Experts told me that the reason why Lin has been sitting on the bench is because he was bad.

    But could Lin possibly be worse than FVV at this point..?

    Isn't Lin also a better defender than FVV?

  • #2
    I feel a prolonged ragging on Nurse in the universe about to black hole it all over RR....

    Comment


    • #3
      The answers to your questions are:

      No, it wouldn't make sense.
      Yes, he could possibly be worse.
      Maybe, because of his size.

      Lin has been terrible for us, and I love Lin. You can't experiment with him in a game 7. At least McCaw gives us some length with that big wingspan.

      Comment


      • #4
        A post made by a shook person.

        Comment


        • #5
          G__Deane wrote: View Post
          I feel a prolonged ragging on Nurse in the universe about to black hole it all over RR....
          Nurse does need to take some blame for how he's failed to develop his bench role players. It's a season long problem that's become even worse in the playoffs. I do understand that he took a gamble and tried a new approach that was less predictable. A key objective was to allow role players a lot more freedom to make decisions on the fly, so they would be able to make plays when stars were double-teamed in the playoffs. It sounded great in theory, but I think we can all see now that this experiment was a complete failure. Role players need a tight structure and system. Whether it's Casey's role cards or Bud's system, that's what role players need.

          Jeremy Lin is basically Q.E.D. proof that Nurse's system simply does not work for role players - it exposes their limitations. He was having close to a career year with Atlanta and then he comes here and looks worse than a G-Leaguer, even though he's surrounded by better players. He said he wasn't used to having that much freedom. For the most part, he simply looks confused out there. The only thing that changed were his teammates and the role/fit and system (or lack, thereof). Green mentioned a number of times about the lack of structure.

          Going the other way, we saw how Delon (Mr. Triple Double) and JV (automatic 20/10) busted out in Memphis under another system. Nurse's system works for better for high IQ, highly skilled players, but even then it's not consistent on a night-to-night basis.
          Last edited by golden; Sat May 11th, 2019, 10:18 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            golden wrote: View Post

            Nurse does need to take some blame for how he's failed to develop his bench role players. It's a season long problem that's become even worse in the playoffs. I do understand that he took a gamble and tried a new approach that was less predictable. A key objective was to allow role players a lot more freedom to make decisions on the fly, so they would be able to make plays when stars were double-teamed in the playoffs. It sounded great in theory, but I think we can all see now that this experiment was a complete failure. Role players need a tight structure and system. Whether it's Casey's role cards or Bud's system, that's what role players need.

            Jeremy Lin is basically Q.E.D. proof that Nurse's system simply does not work for role players - it exposes their limitations. He was having close to a career year with Atlanta and then he comes here and looks worse than a G-Leaguer, even though he's surrounded by better places. He said he wasn't used to having that much freedom. For the most part, he simply looks confused out there. The only thing that changed were his teammates and the role/fit and system (or lack, thereof). Green mentioned a number of times about the lack of structure.

            Going the other way, we saw how Delon (Mr. Triple Double) and JV (automatic 20/10) busted out in Memphis under another system. Nurse's system works for better for high IQ, highly skilled players, but even then it's not consistent on a night-to-night basis.
            And thats the only way to win a championship by having smart players with skill.

            Comment


            • #7
              Truth Teller wrote: View Post

              And thats the only way to win a championship by having smart players with skill.
              And you also have to raise the floor for players who are less smart and less skilled. Nurse's system seems to lower the floor and expose those type of guys.

              Comment


              • #8
                Scraptor wrote: View Post
                The answers to your questions are:

                No, it wouldn't make sense.
                Yes, he could possibly be worse.
                Maybe, because of his size.

                Lin has been terrible for us, and I love Lin. You can't experiment with him in a game 7. At least McCaw gives us some length with that big wingspan.
                This. If they get past the Sixers then I'd be inclined to throw Lin out there and see what happens but it's too risky in Game 7, especially since the main reaons for 2 of the three Sixers wins has been the end of 1Q-start of 2Q stretch where they've built big leads. Raps can't get behind.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The answer is no, it would not make even the slightest amount of sense even applying the most generous definition of the word sense.

                  All the guys behind FVV in the rotation are there because they are worse than him. If FVV is hurting the team, his minutes should be reduced, and replaced by increasing the minutes of the players in front of him, not throwing a worse player into the rotation.

                  That aside, if we were to sub someone below FVV into his spot, it would probably go McCaw, Miller, Meeks. Then Lin.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    DanH wrote: View Post
                    The answer is no, it would not make even the slightest amount of sense even applying the most generous definition of the word sense.

                    All the guys behind FVV in the rotation are there because they are worse than him. If FVV is hurting the team, his minutes should be reduced, and replaced by increasing the minutes of the players in front of him, not throwing a worse player into the rotation.

                    That aside, if we were to sub someone below FVV into his spot, it would probably go McCaw, Miller, Meeks. Then Lin.
                    Uh.... no. FVV is playing because they invested a lot of time and money developing him. Hell or high water.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      golden wrote: View Post

                      Uh.... no. FVV is playing because they invested a lot of time and money developing him. Hell or high water.
                      So in a game that has a huge impact on the future of the franchise, with tens of millions of dollars of playoff money at stake, they are going to play Fred instead of someone who will help them win and possibly go on to the next two levels of playoffs and increase their chances of holding onto a superstar because Fred is getting paid more than McCaw? Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of "they invested a lot of time and money developing him. Hell or high water." That is what you believe?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        golden wrote: View Post

                        Nurse does need to take some blame for how he's failed to develop his bench role players. It's a season long problem that's become even worse in the playoffs. I do understand that he took a gamble and tried a new approach that was less predictable. A key objective was to allow role players a lot more freedom to make decisions on the fly, so they would be able to make plays when stars were double-teamed in the playoffs. It sounded great in theory, but I think we can all see now that this experiment was a complete failure. Role players need a tight structure and system. Whether it's Casey's role cards or Bud's system, that's what role players need.

                        Jeremy Lin is basically Q.E.D. proof that Nurse's system simply does not work for role players - it exposes their limitations. He was having close to a career year with Atlanta and then he comes here and looks worse than a G-Leaguer, even though he's surrounded by better places. He said he wasn't used to having that much freedom. For the most part, he simply looks confused out there. The only thing that changed were his teammates and the role/fit and system (or lack, thereof). Green mentioned a number of times about the lack of structure.

                        Going the other way, we saw how Delon (Mr. Triple Double) and JV (automatic 20/10) busted out in Memphis under another system. Nurse's system works for better for high IQ, highly skilled players, but even then it's not consistent on a night-to-night basis.
                        Couldn't agree more with this whole thing. I really hope Nurse doesn't fuck us over tomorrow night man. Our guys are going to have to hit shots to make up for the terrible rotations Nurse is bound to play. Cause the mix of Nurse and us not hitting shots will be the death of us
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Puffer wrote: View Post

                          So in a game that has a huge impact on the future of the franchise, with tens of millions of dollars of playoff money at stake, they are going to play Fred instead of someone who will help them win and possibly go on to the next two levels of playoffs and increase their chances of holding onto a superstar because Fred is getting paid more than McCaw? Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of "they invested a lot of time and money developing him. Hell or high water." That is what you believe?
                          Sorry to keep bursting your bubble that your forum hero, Dan H, is not infallible but he was dead wrong on FVV. I still hope Freddy proves me wrong that he's more valuable than a replacement level backup PG, like Austin Rivers, but he's been unplayable for 2 straight playoff series and in last years playoffs as well. Even if we go with DanH's "use him properly, as a spot-up shooter" nonsense... he's shooting a putrid .216 from 3. To top things off - his playoff net rating is -24.4 per 100 possessions. Wowzers.

                          I had FVV playing 6 MPG, but at this point, I think even that's too much. Just give all Fred's bench minutes to Powell and roll with a 7-man rotation.

                          The franchise values Fred highly and that is indeed reflected in the fact that he got paid based on last year's contract year regular season perfect storm. He will get opportunities to justify that faith, even though he doesn't deserve it. Even to the detriment of the team - to the tune of -24.4 points per possession. The only question is if Fred will reward that loyalty or will they regret it. I still hope Fred proves me wrong.... I really do. Have a big game 7 and rest of the playoffs, and all is forgiven.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Masai needs to learn that we do not need to give multiple 10M dollar contracts to the role players. Just fill the bench with rookie contracts and journeyman.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              golden wrote: View Post

                              Sorry to keep bursting your bubble that your forum hero, Dan H, is not infallible but he was dead wrong on FVV. I still hope Freddy proves me wrong that he's more valuable than a replacement level backup PG, like Austin Rivers, but he's been unplayable for 2 straight playoff series and in last years playoffs as well. Even if we go with DanH's "use him properly, as a spot-up shooter" nonsense... he's shooting a putrid .216 from 3. To top things off - his playoff net rating is -24.4 per 100 possessions. Wowzers.

                              I had FVV playing 6 MPG, but at this point, I think even that's too much. Just give all Fred's bench minutes to Powell and roll with a 7-man rotation.

                              The franchise values Fred highly and that is indeed reflected in the fact that he got paid based on last year's contract year regular season perfect storm. He will get opportunities to justify that faith, even though he doesn't deserve it. Even to the detriment of the team - to the tune of -24.4 points per possession. The only question is if Fred will reward that loyalty or will they regret it. I still hope Fred proves me wrong.... I really do. Have a big game 7 and rest of the playoffs, and all is forgiven.
                              Okay, I misunderstood your argument. You just think Fred is lousy and played well during the regular season for a couple of years under Casey because he got lucky and was in a good circumstance for him. Not because he is being used differently by Nick, and has had a series of injuries. And you disagree with this part? "All the guys behind FVV in the rotation are there because they are worse than him. If FVV is hurting the team, his minutes should be reduced, and replaced by increasing the minutes of the players in front of him, not throwing a worse player into the rotation." You think that the franchise will continue to give him minutes because they value him highly enough that they won't recognize the Sixers are exactly the wrong kind of team for him to play against in the role the Raptors are playing him in?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X