Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo
    replied
    Just fucking shoot... last night we still had guy hesitate to shoot and they dribble way too much and allows MIL to set up their D.

Raps are not being innovative with their offence...its the same dribble, dribble, dribble... your not seeing MIL doing that.

Also transition ball -- we need to emphasis it more... I know our guys are a little older but we need to run the ball more so MIL cant set up the D... we are playing far too much slow ball and MIL is an elite D, we cant play that way. So if you need guys like Powell on the floor to do this, then do it.

Gasol and Green can come off the bench, run with Ibaka and Powell. Siakam should be running a lot more.

Simple things that can get us back into it.. but if we play slow ball, dribble ball, no we stand no chance and will lose.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    Well, I'm sure a Bucks vs Warriors finals would be far more entertaining than a Raptors vs Warriors, right?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    They're not going to get out of the hole using that kind of attitude.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hes partially right. Put the fuckin ball in the basket. Open looks are there. I feel like buffalo bill. IT PUTS THE BALL IN THE BASKET

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied

We tried the deep bench for years remember? And we relied on demar, kyle and jv at the top. Masai condensed it, cause he wanted marc gasol. Then OG went down. Now we're paper thin, and getting no offense from the 3 for 1 trade, marc gasol.

bottom line is this: bucks have 8 guys that can easily score double digits. And so should we. The fact fred and norm and Danny and marc and Serge and kyle and on and on have all shot extremely inconsistent is the biggest reason we lost 3 vs phiilly and 1 vs bucks
    While true, the Bucks were able to supplement their bench because they pay Giannis, Middleton, and Bledsoe a combined $52 million. We pay that same amount just to Kyle and Serge.

Shortening those two deals gave us an earlier window to rebuild but didn't give us much room to maneuver on the margin.

It's a shame we couldn't get the buyout market to work for us this year of all years. Real vet talent has been signed by contenders in years past.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Casey played bench against Cavs starters (who were shit defensively) and still benches plus-minus was mediocre. Yeah all we needed from bench was average and they can't even provide that. Powell, FVV, Ibaka = trash. And they showed that whole season.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah people forget that "our deep bench" has been choking for years now to the point where we started to think it's about being top heavy and bench matters less in playoffs. And now it's complete 180
    Not exactly true. Even when we got steamrolled by the Cavs last year, our bench was scoring: 35, 42, 32 & 48 points in each game. We'd be planning the parade route right now if we were getting that kind of output this year. Now, we're getting used to single scoring from our entire bench. The bench has completely cratered to the point that it's undoing top heavy talent and elite defense. There's a fundamental problem there that goes beyond just depth of talent. It was a problem all season long against shitty teams, even before JV-CJ-Delon got shipped out. The only consistent bench guy was JV, who is basically his own self-contained offensive system.

Bench doesn't matter if you have an average bench.... but ours is horrific.
    Last edited by golden; Thu May 16, 2019, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    This offence needs to score more than 100 points or we will not win. Yes we have held Philly and Orlando to less than 100 points, but it is unrealistic to expect that Milwaukee will not score at least 100 points. We held them to 25% 3P shooting yet we lost. We had a great game from Kyle. Kawhi delivered too but where was everyone else. Siakam took 7 corner 3's and missed them all. Green MIA 1 - 5, Gasol 2 - 11 and the bench went 5 - 15 for all of 12 points. Other than Kyle the other 7 players shot 8 - 33 (24%) from 3.

Guaranteed the Bucks will shoot better next game. This Raptor offence cannot keep pace and I would expect a blowout win. Our opportunity to gain home court advantage was last night. Up by 7 to start the 4Q. Lose by 8. Blew it. Back to Toronto 0 - 2. Season likely over based on historical odds.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

We tried the deep bench for years remember? And we relied on demar, kyle and jv at the top. Masai condensed it, cause he wanted marc gasol. Then OG went down. Now we're paper thin, and getting no offense from the 3 for 1 trade, marc gasol.

bottom line is this: bucks have 8 guys that can easily score double digits. And so should we. The fact fred and norm and Danny and marc and Serge and kyle and on and on have all shot extremely inconsistent is the biggest reason we lost 3 vs phiilly and 1 vs bucks
    yeah people forget that "our deep bench" has been choking for years now to the point where we started to think it's about being top heavy and bench matters less in playoffs. And now it's complete 180

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nick is one of the best coaches that the Raptors have had. Like him or not, keep that in mind.

The turmoil from game to game must be tiring for those living in the middle of it in here.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Masai should have hired a coach after snagging Kawhi. I don't mind Nurse but perhaps Messina would have been the smarter choice. Who knows though.. coaches are all a gamble, and generally a coach is not the reason a team wins or loses. It's the talent.

The bench has been awful. And that's on Masai (who I love). $19M on Fred and Norm.. yikes.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Masai should have hired a coach after snagging Kawhi. I don't mind Nurse but perhaps Messina would have been the smarter choice. Who knows though.. coaches are all a gamble, and generally a coach is not the reason a team wins or loses. It's the talent.

The bench has been awful. And that's on Masai (who I love). $19M on Fred and Norm.. yikes.
    Coaches can't win you that many extra games, but they can sure as hell lose a lot of them. Is there anybody out there that thinks the Bucks are this good if Jason Kidd stays? Anybody?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Don't start creating excuses for these players. Nurse ain't Pop. But I hope half of these guys are gone next year. I'm not giving them a chance under "new system"
    Speaking of Pop, in hindsight once we realized we were getting Kawhi and Danny, we should have just ran some variation of the 2014 Spurs offense. Nurse's goal of running an "everybody can make a play" offense that's unpredictable and hard to stop in the playoffs looks like a failed experiment. The execution is very inconsistent. When it works, it's beautiful to watch, but when it doesn't it exposes limitations of lesser players and creates more turnovers because guys are out of sync.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Don't start creating excuses for these players. Nurse ain't Pop. But I hope half of these guys are gone next year. I'm not giving them a chance under "new system"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X