X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rightsideup
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    One thing to keep in mind. Toronto had tougher opponets in both the first 2 round then Milwaukee.. If Bucks start to face some adversity some time in the series its something they havent had to face except when dropping game 1 vs boston. Also a 1 week lay off. I think we have a legitimate chance to steal game 1.
    I agree with this Boston was feeling good about themselves about the pacers sweep and took advantage of a disengaged bucks team in game one. after that the outcome because a lack of chemistry on Bostons part was easy for the bucks. I

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Bucks fans are insufferable holy shit
    Mmmm..... Deer Meat Souvlaki.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Mixx been behind enemy lines this morning

stay in here mixx it's safe
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Mixx been behind enemy lines this morning

stay in here mixx it's safe

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I think that statement that most big players are not as fast as Giannis is absolutely true in general - but it's also true that two of the few guys both big and fast enough to deal with Giannis fairly capably are Kawhi and Pascal.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Interesting strategy by David Thorpe. Suggests perhaps Kyle is the best guard on Giannis a lot
    That could get pretty comical to watch actually. I like the out-of-the-box thinking, and I bet that's going to be experimented with at some point (cuz Nurse). Heck, almost certain that Nurse will go one step further and sick FVV on Giannis.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Interesting strategy by David Thorpe. Suggests perhaps Kyle is the best guard on Giannis a lot

STOPPING GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO

THE MISSION: Get him to post up, thus reducing his punishing attacks from the perimeter.

THE TRICK: Assign him a tiny defender, inviting him to post up so he can use his size advantage.

THE SURPRISE: Take him out of his most effective attacks and utilize well-timed help to frustrate him.

THE INDIVIDUAL PLAN:THE HELP:THE BOTTOM LINE: Giannis might be the best player in the world. He averages 27 points per game on 17 shots this postseason, which is a nightmare. He'll score plenty no matter what you do. But at this stage of his career, his post-up game is not elite. The more time he spends doing those things, the better.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

That's the thing. Nurse has to realize and finally accept that our bench is trash and THEY can go 9 deep WE cannot! If we stick to playing 7 guys their bench being good probably won't matter. But if he goes back to trying to play 9 guys it's not gonna work out well for us
    That's a lot to ask after the minutes they just played against Philly.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    http://

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Raptors in 5? in 6? What are y'all smoking? It'll be Bucks in 5 or 6. It's obvious what the Bucks strategy is: they'll leave shooters open from 3 in order to protect the paint. This means a lot of open looks for Gasol, Lowry, Green, Ibaka, FVV etc. I have absolutely no faith in those guys to turn it up and sink their shots. Hell, even Danny freaking Green was turning down open looks in game 7. These guys just have no confidence in their shooting.

Secondly, all the games are one day apart in this series which is a serious disadvantage for our older squad, especially after a tough and intense 7 game series. I could be wrong, but I think we played terribly in all the games with one day gap in the Philly series.

I just don't see us winning this unless Kawhi goes MJ mode and sustains it for a whole series (he slowed down considerably in last 3 games).

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Raptors in 5? in 6? What are y'all smoking? It'll be Bucks in 5 or 6. It's obvious what the Bucks strategy is: they'll leave shooters open from 3 in order to protect the paint. This means a lot of open looks for Gasol, Lowry, Green, Ibaka, FVV etc. I have absolutely no faith in those guys to turn it up and sink their shots. Hell, even Danny freaking Green was turning down open looks in game 7. These guys just have no confidence in their shooting.

Secondly, all the games are one day apart in this series which is a serious disadvantage for our older squad, especially after a tough and intense 7 game series. I could be wrong, but I think we played terribly in all the games with one day gap in the Philly series.

I just don't see us winning this unless Kawhi goes MJ mode and sustains it for a whole series (he slowed down considerably in last 3 games).
    Time for another bet.

Raps win, you don't post till July 1st.

Bucks win, I won't post till July 1st.

Deal?

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied

wow never knew 41pts was a slowdown game.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

You can do that with Embiid since he's an elite rim protector. Not sure you can do that with Lopez who has no lateral quickness. Lopez can block shots, but I don't see him being intimidating at all to a guy like Siakam either.

I could see them throwing Ilyasova on Siakam though. 'Sova is a smart defender. I believe he lead the league in charges one year.
    Yeah, Embiid is an athletic freak. Lopez is a smart defender, but I can't see him guarding Pascal for long stretches without getting punished. Lopez guarding Gasol and leaving him out at the 3-pt line making pretty swing passes would play right into the Bucks hands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X