X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Sorry I couldn't resist Last night you quit on thhsi team (along with a bunch of other "fans" I might add when the team looked like there wasn't a chance lol
    Yes, I did quit and as an objective follower of this team l still can not give them a chance against the Bucks.
    Kawhi is the only bright spot in this team.
    Everyone else is under matched and/or under performing, including the coach.
    The series might give 7 games, but I will be VERY surprised if the Raptors advance.
    I am more concerned now about how we can keep Kawhi no matter what happens.
    And the fans ranting and whining wildly won't help, it only makes us look pathetic.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon May 20, 2019, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BadDinosaur
    replied
    This series is so frustrating to me in a very particular way.
    What I mean by that is that I feel like we're capable of winning this series, but it will be extremely hard and I feel like whichever team makes it to the Finals will beat the GSW pretty handily.
    I'm really more worried against Bucks than I would be against Warriors.
    GSW is not as dominant as they used to be. We struggle against teams that have athleticism AND lenght AND strenght combined with good outside shooting. 76ers were such team and the Bucks are such team but better. GSW are all about finesse on O and they play smart D with fluctuating effort moreso than using overwhelming size and athleticism for 48 minutes. In a matchup with GSW, we would be the ones imposing size and strenght and suffocating D. Our role players would finally have more space to operate and more open looks on the perimeter.
    If we somehow take down the Bucks and remain healthy enough in the process, I'm pretty sure we'll take them rings.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Only as good as your last game baby....
    Big win for the Raps, Kawhi is a special player....

What more to say other than watching Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe do their thing on Youtube is hilarious, Bayless is growing on me, he's pretty funny. It's nice to see positive Raps coverage for once.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Hmm, trouble in paradise.
    Going into this round, I remember almost every analyst taking the Bucks coz they simply are THE better team.
    Why can't we kids just accept that fact and enjoy whatever comes out of this series.
    You think your whines and rants here affect the team, other than your pathetic egos without every non Raptors fan who might accidentally read all your BS simply chuckle and validate whatever they think of you in the first place?
    just sayin,... chill people,.
    yeah.. same analysts who have been epic-ally (sic) dead ass wrong on multiple occassions (Boston will win 65 and roll to a championship... The Lakers are a playoff team and will make noise in the west... GSW will skip through the season without breaking a sweat....

these are the best two teams in the east and the raps are one of them....am waiting to see how things shake out on tuesday before letting you say nice things and shovel dirt on the season...

.Don't go all Grange and Aurthur with the defeatist Toronto sports attiutdes..... there is lots of talent and snarl/grit/sandpaper in that room ....
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 20, 2019, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

To be fair, the misery of the GDTs is infectious. I started staying offline more, and just watching the game. I like following with fans online, but sometimes no good is coming from it.
    The fanbase is bi-polar. I'm amazed at how many say they are giving up/turning off the TV/quitting on the team/declaring the game over as soon as they're down 5 in the seconf Q

The Bucks are a great team and the Raps need to play up to their potential to have a 50/50 shot at them. It was never going to be a cakewalk. Some fans have never experienced the heightened satisfaction of sticking by your team when it looks bleak and celebrating a big comeback. It's like they have a built-in defense mechanism to take the easy way out and say I told you so....

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Sorry I couldn't resist Last night you quit on thhsi team (along with a bunch of other "fans" I might add when the team looked like there wasn't a chance lol
    To be fair, the misery of the GDTs is infectious. I started staying offline more, and just watching the game. I like following with fans online, but sometimes no good is coming from it.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Going into this round, I remember almost every analyst taking the Bucks coz they simply are THE better team.
    Why can't we kids just accept that fact and enjoy whatever comes out of this series.
    You think your whines and rants here affect the team, other than your pathetic egos without every non Raptors fan who might accidentally read all your BS simply chuckle and validate whatever they think of you in the first place?
    I'm done with this team smh

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Joined July 18th. 14 posts a month. Yeah, I think I will take advice from you, because you learned so much with your experience following the Raptors.I'm surprised you even bothered to take the time to expose us to your brilliant basketball analysis. We are truly honoured.

Sincerely, Thanks. Your job is done here. no need to come back.
    It's called " I have life".
    Any sane basketball analyst will tell you that the Bucks are the deeper team.
    I appreciate your passion and love for the team, but in the end it's just a game, dude.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Joined July 18th. 14 posts a month. Yeah, I think I will take advice from you, because you learned so much with your experience following the Raptors.I'm surprised you even bothered to take the time to expose us to your brilliant basketball analysis. We are truly honoured.

Sincerely, Thanks. Your job is done here. no need to come back.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    That was a solid rant and whine.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Our offence was fine for 1Q game 1 when we put up 34 points. We shot the lights out and Milwaukee was missing everything. Then what happened? Our offence slowed down. Gasol, Ibaka, Siakam could not make a shot, Green would not take a shot. Kawhi and then finally Kyle were the only ones finishing. Brook Lopez had a career game and the Bucks defence stiffened and by the 4Q we wilted. Game 2 Raptors were all cold except Kawhi and it was the Bucks shooting the lights out.

This Bucks team can score the ball and have more of the role guys contributing. We cannot win scoring only 100 points. Some say, yeah look our defence held Orlando, Philly to less than 100 points. Well the Bucks ain't Orlando or Sixers. They are way better. To win we need to score at least 115 to 120 points. On a poor shooting night they put up 108 points. This unfortunately means guys like Gasol and Green have to contribute. Lowry can't go 2 - 9 on 3's. Same with Kawhi and Siakam. The bench players also need to hold there own. Norm, Ibaka and FVV need to have a positive impact at both ends of the court. Can this Raptors team do this? Sure we can. Can we do this 4x over 6 games against this Bucks team? Unfortunately not too likely. Historically, some great teams have come back from 0 - 2 series deficits. Is this one of those great teams...Nope. - IMO.
    I don't grant the premise that we need to score 115-120 points to win. We just need to lock in on defense and hold the other team under 100.

We don't have enough shooting to trade buckets with Milwaukee or Golden State. But we have one 2x DPOY in Kawhi, a former all-defense player in Green, a borderline all-defense guy in Kyle, a fantastic switchable defender in Pascal, and older versions of 3x all-defense Ibaka and DPOY Gasol.

That's why we have to embrace defense as our identity and make Milwaukee grind for buckets. Limit their fast break opportunities. Slow the game down.

It's also why I don't understand why Fred is out there next to Kyle. He is a huge defensive
    liability as a second guard because of his size. Yes we lack shooting but it doesn't matter if you give up twice as much on defense.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    Well, I'm sure a Bucks vs Warriors finals would be far more entertaining than a Raptors vs Warriors, right?
    Shut the hell up Sam Mitchell lol
    You can't even get a job as one of the 11 assistants on an NBA team

"Samuel Mitchell is a former professional basketball player who is currently an assistant coach for the Memphis Tigers of the American Athletic Conference." whereever the hell that is

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Our offence was fine for 1Q game 1 when we put up 34 points. We shot the lights out and Milwaukee was missing everything. Then what happened? Our offence slowed down. Gasol, Ibaka, Siakam could not make a shot, Green would not take a shot. Kawhi and then finally Kyle were the only ones finishing. Brook Lopez had a career game and the Bucks defence stiffened and by the 4Q we wilted. Game 2 Raptors were all cold except Kawhi and it was the Bucks shooting the lights out.

This Bucks team can score the ball and have more of the role guys contributing. We cannot win scoring only 100 points. Some say, yeah look our defence held Orlando, Philly to less than 100 points. Well the Bucks ain't Orlando or Sixers. They are way better. To win we need to score at least 115 to 120 points. On a poor shooting night they put up 108 points. This unfortunately means guys like Gasol and Green have to contribute. Lowry can't go 2 - 9 on 3's. Same with Kawhi and Siakam. The bench players also need to hold there own. Norm, Ibaka and FVV need to have a positive impact at both ends of the court. Can this Raptors team do this? Sure we can. Can we do this 4x over 6 games against this Bucks team? Unfortunately not too likely. Historically, some great teams have come back from 0 - 2 series deficits. Is this one of those great teams...Nope. - IMO.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    sanyo wrote: View Post
    Just fucking shoot... last night we still had guy hesitate to shoot and they dribble way too much and allows MIL to set up their D.

Raps are not being innovative with their offence...its the same dribble, dribble, dribble... your not seeing MIL doing that.

Also transition ball -- we need to emphasis it more... I know our guys are a little older but we need to run the ball more so MIL cant set up the D... we are playing far too much slow ball and MIL is an elite D, we cant play that way. So if you need guys like Powell on the floor to do this, then do it.

Gasol and Green can come off the bench, run with Ibaka and Powell. Siakam should be running a lot more.

Simple things that can get us back into it.. but if we play slow ball, dribble ball, no we stand no chance and will lose.
    Our offense is designed to have guys "think" about what the next play should be: dribble, pass or shoot. The idea was to make everybody capable of reading and reacting to defenses which would make us less predictable and harder to defend in the playoffs. Problem is that you have less time to "think" in the playoffs and guys are panicking. Sounds good in theory, but seems like it doesn't actually work in real games.

Bucks style is to get to your spots and let it fly. No hesitation whatsoever. They've been practising their system hard all year and are just executing ruthlessly out of muscle memory. You know what's coming, but they execute with discipline and so quickly and precise that it's hard to stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X