• Show
Clear All

• Zainab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

You trust their supporting cast less than ours!? Are you crazy lol. Have you seen how bad our supporting cast aka bench has been lol
    Yeah their bench is better for sure. Thing is it doesnt matter how much better their bench is if Raptors go 7-8 deep with starters playing 35+ minutes. Plus this is the Bucks first series against a talented team that doesnt want to fight each other.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Put Gasol/Ibaka on Giannis and let Siakam guard Lopez. Green on Bledsoe and Kawhi on Middleton.
    I've seen this Gasol on Giannis floated around but I think it's crazy. Giannis will put him in foul trouble constantly. You need someone with footspeed covering Giannis. So Siakam or at worst Ibaka.

Lopez is slow and can't drive so I don't have a problem with Gasol covering him out on the perimeter. If you want to send a double team on Giannis inside use Kawhi and rotate the guards.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    This is the series Danny Green comes to play..
    Something like this. Maybe not 27 threes. But i could see him hitting 20+ 3s this series.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    I'm a little leery of the Raptors chances against the Bucks.

Bucks had an easy road to the finals. Pistons without Blake were one of the worst teams in the NBA, and Boston was a disaster and completely imploded. Fair game to the Bucks though. They blasted them off the floor.

Raptors had a hard road. I feel the Magic were the best team of the bottom four eastern playoff teams in terms of how they were playing heading into the playoffs. Philly has one of the best starting lineups (if not the best) in the NBA. Hard fought wins.

The hard fought wins could put the Raptors in a position where they overwhelm the Bucks to start the series, or they could be gassed and get shot off the floor.

If OG is back. He along with SIakam, Gasol, Ibaka and Kawhi as options to share the burden of Giannis.

I think i'd put Kawhi on Middleton and ask him to "erase" Khris. If Brodgon is a 100% then we can't give him corner 3s. Do to him what Philly did to Danny. Bledsoe is a tough assignment. He's strong and tough and gets to the rim. Lowry and Fred suck with that kind of play.

Bucks pack the paint and try and take away the corner 3. You need to pick and pop from mid-range and above the break. Those shots are there all day. We have lots of guys who can shoot from out there. Danny, Kyle, Kawhi, Gasol, Serge and Fred.

But I don't think I trust a lot of the Raptor shooters. We can't just play six guys the whole game against the Bucks. We need meaningful contributions from Fred, Norm and hopefully OG. I just can't say I trust them. I think the Bucks take it in 6.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Put Gasol/Ibaka on Giannis and let Siakam guard Lopez. Green on Bledsoe and Kawhi on Middleton.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    I've got Raptors in 7.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

You trust their supporting cast less than ours!? Are you crazy lol. Have you seen how bad our supporting cast aka bench has been lol
    I was being hyperbolic, but I do think their supporting cast--while talented--is extremely inconsistent.

I watched Eric Bledsoe and Khris Middleton all season. Both of them were super unreliable. Bledsoe is not a good shooter and Middleton is streaky as hell. Moreso this season than last.

Mirotic is solid but I feel like we can defend him. Same goes for Lopez. Brogdon is just coming back from injury.

I am willing to bet that Bucks fans are going to be gnashing their teeth about some of these guys come the middle of the series.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Very good pre series post.

Give this guy a case of Ambassador Reserve and throw in a couple of Space Barley bottles as chasers.
    I just found a dusty original bottle of Sam Adam's Triple Bock in my cellar dating from 1995. ebay suggests it's worth about $200 now. Don't know if I'll ever open it but it should still be good.

In honour of cottage opening, I enjoyed a few Muskoka Mad Tom's on the weekend along with some ribs, kabobs and salad looking at the high level lake water.

Life can be pretty good if you let it ....

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think we have the pieces to slow down Giannis that the Celtics did not, and I trust the Bucks' supporting cast less than I trust our bench.

Raps in 7. Maybe 6.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I'm not over confident on this series and I can't believe some are already. Raptors in 5? Not a chance imo.

For all the reasons we've discussed previously
    -Giannis is the new darling of the NBA and he will get phantom call after phantom call. Hard to hate on the guy though, he's a generational talent. Giannis is very likely the (slightly) superior offensive force over Kawhi but too close to really matter and Leonard is the superior all around bball player imo. It's almost a push unless the NBA refs step in (and I think they will)

-Siakam will be the Freak's primary defender and he'll have to do it while not giving up his avg 20 PPG. He's also the only Raptor that can semi match Giannis' fast break ability.

-Khris Middleton is rolling. He is averaging 19.1 points and shooting 46.7 percent on 3-pointers, while also posting 6.0 rebounds and 4.6 assists. He is the defensive ace we lack in his position combined with the 3 pt threat. The Buck's perimeter could be the difference in this series.

-3 point % is a huge disadvantage that I don't see an obvious fix for. Gasol, Danny and even Lowry have to stop passing up open shots but more importantly, start making them.

The Bucks made and attempted the second-most 3-pointers in the league this season, trailing only the Houston Rockets. Every player on Milwaukee's roster is comfortable shooting 3-pointers, even Brook Lopez, who set the record for 3s made by a centre during the regular season. I thought he would cool off all season but he really didn't.

-Coaching. By all acounts, Bud is the best coach of all time and Nurse is cluseless and overmatched. I don't agree but it is what it is and I thnk it's at least fair to say that this is advantage, Bucks.

-The bench. The Bucks bench has played 19+ minutes per game (4th among the original playoff 16) and are a +4.5 average. Our bench, save for a few heroic efforts by Serge, is crap.

I can argue Raps in 6 or 7 but I can more easily argue Bucks in 6. Anyone saying Raps in 5 is dreaming in the glow of last night imo. We'll need some degree of resurgence from Danny and Marc and FVV but also a continued good effort and results from Kawhi, Spicy P and Kyle.

Somehow hold Giannis to less then God-like numbers and stay home on the shooters. Somehow fix our own 3 pt shooting. Hope the refs have bets on the Raptors for some reason. Take at least one of the first two in Milwaukee.

Easy peasy ....
    Very good pre series post.

Give this guy a case of Ambassador Reserve and throw in a couple of Space Barley bottles as chasers.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    Both Green and Lowery have to hit their shots from outside. Without that this series will end early. On the other hand, Bucks bench is far better than ours, so Powell and VV must be consistent and reliable.

It is a tough series, and what makes it tougher for us is the homecourt advantage for Bucks.
    I just had a thought last night, I kind of LIKE that we don't have homecourt for once. It never seems to be this huge advantage anyways

let's get the split (or better) in Milwaukee and put the pressure on the other team for once.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Cautiously optimistic on this one. The defense should be there, not sure I'd trust the Bucks role players yet either, but Raptors are going to have to figure the offensive stuff out. Part of it is just going to be making shots, but they are going to need find one or two ways to pressure defenses besides Kawhi. Can't afford to throw away game one after a huge win either. Should be fun.

Edit: With all the talk about how good the Bucks are from 3, they sure didn't shoot it well in the regular season. For sure they have some great shooters, but this team almost seems like a great regular season team that hasn't earned my post season respect yet. Will be a pivotal series for both teams.
    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Mon May 13, 2019, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• suspenders
    replied
    I think we need to win either the 1st or 2nd game in Milwaukee, and try to win it in 6 games. I'd be a bit concerned going 7 games against the Bucks considering that we don't have home court.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I'm not over confident on this series and I can't believe some are already. Raptors in 5? Not a chance imo.

For all the reasons we've discussed previously
    -Giannis is the new darling of the NBA and he will get phantom call after phantom call. Hard to hate on the guy though, he's a generational talent. Giannis is very likely the (slightly) superior offensive force over Kawhi but too close to really matter and Leonard is the superior all around bball player imo. It's almost a push unless the NBA refs step in (and I think they will)

-Siakam will be the Freak's primary defender and he'll have to do it while not giving up his avg 20 PPG. He's also the only Raptor that can semi match Giannis' fast break ability.

-Khris Middleton is rolling. He is averaging 19.1 points and shooting 46.7 percent on 3-pointers, while also posting 6.0 rebounds and 4.6 assists. He is the defensive ace we lack in his position combined with the 3 pt threat. The Buck's perimeter could be the difference in this series.

-3 point % is a huge disadvantage that I don't see an obvious fix for. Gasol, Danny and even Lowry have to stop passing up open shots but more importantly, start making them.

The Bucks made and attempted the second-most 3-pointers in the league this season, trailing only the Houston Rockets. Every player on Milwaukee's roster is comfortable shooting 3-pointers, even Brook Lopez, who set the record for 3s made by a centre during the regular season. I thought he would cool off all season but he really didn't.

-Coaching. By all acounts, Bud is the best coach of all time and Nurse is cluseless and overmatched. I don't agree but it is what it is and I thnk it's at least fair to say that this is advantage, Bucks.

-The bench. The Bucks bench has played 19+ minutes per game (4th among the original playoff 16) and are a +4.5 average. Our bench, save for a few heroic efforts by Serge, is crap.

I can argue Raps in 6 or 7 but I can more easily argue Bucks in 6. Anyone saying Raps in 5 is dreaming in the glow of last night imo. We'll need some degree of resurgence from Danny and Marc and FVV but also a continued good effort and results from Kawhi, Spicy P and Kyle.

Somehow hold Giannis to less then God-like numbers and stay home on the shooters. Somehow fix our own 3 pt shooting. Hope the refs have bets on the Raptors for some reason. Take at least one of the first two in Milwaukee.

Easy peasy ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X