Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another great angle

Comment

lot's of interesting stuff out there if you wander around the twitterverse enough

http://

Comment

Someone needs to make an NBA where amazing happens commercial for this shot.

looks like someone made it:

Last edited by hotfuzz; Tue May 14, 2019, 01:00 AM.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Leonard: I ended up catching it and just trying to get to a space so I could get the shot off. Embiid was guarding me. But he's taller and longer than me, so I ended up finding a spot that I like ... that I work on. I knew I had to shoot it high. A couple of possessions before that I had the same kind of shot from 3 and it ended up coming short. I had to put it up even higher than that.

Given the circumstances, degree of difficulty and level of pressure, easily one of the best shots ever made.

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Tue May 14, 2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Perfect mini photo essay Goldblum. Just need the squat though.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              In this one Embiid looks like a Super Punch Out villain about to fall down.

Comment

This one slomo'ed to some Kanye ... it works:

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  lot's of interesting stuff out there if you wander around the twitterverse enough

3% chance. Wow. That is some "Hand of God" stuff right there. Destiny.

Comment

There was a lot of spin on that ball because of the angle he had to put up to get it over Embiid. If it was just a straight open shot that hit that location, it probably clanks off the rim and comes back towards Kawhi

Or, there's magnets in the ball so the NBA can control outcomes
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's not that simple though. Kawhi almost always shoots a low arc trajectory. In that situation of course he rarely makes one off the rim. The shot against Embiid was a very high arc shot. The ball reacts much differently to a high arc versus a low arc. We're talking a line drive versus a pop fly. The chart is interesting but not very applicable to this particular shot.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        This one slomo'ed to some Kanye ... it works:
                        The lyrics would work too. He was pretty universally hated in the summer remember

"who got ya (who got ya, who got ya)"

"Lets have a toast to the douchebags, lets have a toast to the assholes!!"

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Perfect mini photo essay Goldblum. Just need the squat though.
                          Was trying to keep it strictly to angles that I hadn't seen posted before for no repeats.. And the squat has been shown and shown and shown again, and will be shown to our children and their children and their children's children and their children's, children's, grandchildren and so on... Until infinity.

But I certainly take your point.

(edit... Not sure I've seen this one that I just found.. perhaps I'll add. Love Joel's face peeking through and Jodie's)

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Tue May 14, 2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Kawhi just saved 15% on his car insurance by switching to Geicio

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X