No announcement yet.

Game 1 of the ECF. Raps @ Bucks. Wednesday May 15th 8:30pm on Sportsnet and TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came here just to post the above, then later went back to read some of the other posts and was stunned to notice I said the same thing claw reborn said. So I feel kinda dirty, but that's the truth. Nurse looking like a big liability now. Basically did a "reverse adjustment". Had everything working well in the first half, had a healthy road lead, then said, "hey, we gotta 'adjust' here, time to 'take a look' at my 3 guard lineup here". Bucks instantly ties the game. Please Nurse don't do that to us again.

Comment

• Does Nurse's refusal to play Mccaw or anyone else off the bench over FVV speak to his lack of faith in the bench or the absolute shittiness of the bench? Or both?

Comment

• There are a lot of positive take aways from that game.

Kyle waking up is GIGANTIC if he can keep it going.

Defense was great for most of the game. They have a shot to steal game two or five in Milwaukee. They proved that last night.

Comment

• Milwaukee shooting poorly had a lot to do with the defense they were facing. American analysts seem to be missing this.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Does Nurse's refusal to play Mccaw or anyone else off the bench over FVV speak to his lack of faith in the bench or the absolute shittiness of the bench? Or both?
            I think McCaw was out for personal reasons tonight.

Comment

• If what you got from last night’s game is that we will never play that good again and thus this series is over, I have no idea what team you’ve been watching all year. This is going to be a close series, the game one hot takes are hilarious.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                If what you got from last night’s game is that we will never play that good again and thus this series is over, I have no idea what team you’ve been watching all year. This is going to be a close series, the game one hot takes are hilarious.
                There certainly are some bipolar fans around here. It's a roller coaster every shot. As we saw in game seven there's no putting out the fire so don't bother. The boys need to win a game and then the world will stop ending... For a few days.

Comment

• Nurse needs to stop this fuckkng obsession with FVV. He’s been atrocious every every single game in the playoffs and he keeps playing crucial minutes
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    This game was there for the taking, sustained a roughly 8pt lead up for almost the whole game, until Nurse decides to go AWAY from what's working and roll a Lowry-Fred- norm lineup. The lead instantly evaporates, Bucks regain momentum, crowd gets into and we never get back. That lineup has done nothing for us the whole playoffs, but he keeps going back to it and pissing away leads.

Also ran stretches with both Lowry and kawhi sitting.

this is a great team, they're very talented, play great defence, play with heart, and fit well together. But we got a bad coach here folks, there's no way around it. We got this far despite of Nurse, not because him. I just wish he stopped tinkering and stick to what's working. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Silver lining is that this game confirms the bucks defence allow a lot of shots. Lets regroup and try to steal the next one
                    It’s worse than tinkering. Small lineups with more guards are a core principal for Nurse, that he deeply believes gives his teams an advantage with ball handling and playmaking. He will keep coming back to them again and again as a touchstone, because he believes they will eventually work.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Does Nurse's refusal to play Mccaw or anyone else off the bench over FVV speak to his lack of faith in the bench or the absolute shittiness of the bench? Or both?
                      Gonna go all Claw Reborn here and say that it speaks mostly to Nurse’s unshakable, yet irrational, confidence in what FVV can actually do.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

They are better team and they are higher seed for a reason. Raps were underdogs realistically.
                        TBH, if Kawhi plays more games in the regular season, and if we didn't have such horrific injury luck with the rest of the roster, we would have easily had a better record than them. Up and down the roster, we have more talent.

But we can't be playing five guys against them. Nurse's rotations are proving themselves to be very questionable. Powell should have played at least 20 minutes. Ibaka at least 25. And for the love of god, enough with the Lowry/Vanvleet lineups.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Holding the Bucks to under 40% shooting and 25% from three....keeping Giannis relatively in check .... usually a win.
                          You look at the raw offensive numbers from Kawhi, Lowry and Pascal .... usually a win.

Danny was just horrible and I don't care what you say, you need more offensively from the C position, 6 from Gasol does not cut it and that's just the way it is. We are brutal on the glass in the effort department.

The good news is that you're not seeing a career game like that from Lopez again. But we wasted a KLOW game and on a quiet Giannis night to boot.

Gotta take game 2.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                            Lopez was hititng everything today, even j's from well beyond the arc... if he does this for the whole series then yeah bucks deserve to win the series
                            NO chance he does that during the whole series. He avg 12 in the reg season and 8 so far in the post season even against a small Celtics front court. We need more physicality from the C position too and don't have the personnel for it

Comment

• One thing I don't get - people (including a bunch of the beat writers, and even Zach Lowe) are acting like the Raps were up 30 in the second half, and this was some kind of epic collapse. The Bucks were always well within striking distance.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I think part of the issue with the bench lineups is that when they are in - the offence seems to run through them, not the remaining starters on the court with them. If Norm and FVV are on with Lowry/Siakam or Leonard/Siakam or whatever the starters combo is, the offence needs to be going through those guys, not Norm or FVV.

There were quite a few calls that were frustrating to see. The Middleton shot clock was obvious even before the replay (and the ref had an unimpeded view from like 6 feet away - no excuse on that one) but others like the Middleton trip on Green that lead to a lay-up was another blown one and I'd like to see a replay of the Giannis - Siakam jump ball tie up, as I am fairly certain that Giannis stepped on the end line while touching the ball before the whistle. Considering those three calls all lead to points for Milwaukee (and lost opportunity for points by the Raptors), that is enough points to swing this entire game alone. Kawhi is amazing, but much like the Philly series, he doesn't get the superstar calls the same way our opponents top guys seem to. Very frustrating to see.

Lowry was great but the continued disappearance of Danny Green is concerning. We need his shooting and he picked a terrible time to go ice cold. Overall, the offence settled too often early. There were lanes in the first half that the Raps settled for jumpers that was a missed opportunity to take a bigger (and perhaps insurmountable) lead in the opening half. As the game wore on, those lanes disappeared and we continued to shoot poorly. Kawhi tried to bowl his way to the hoop, but with everyone else struggling, the defence can collapse risk free. Missed opportunity to get better looks, get Milwaukee in foul trouble, and hopefully open things up later on.

Lopez won't be that good again, but if Marc is that bad again, then we need more Ibaka. This isn't the Philly series with Embiid, Ibaka might actually be the better option in this match up.

I thought Siakam either didn't look to score (only looking for hand offs) or was forcing shots - never got in a good rhythm in the game. Needs to find better balance. Needs to attack Ilyasova off the bounce and be active on cuts when off-ball.

When I look at this game and this series compared to last, I think Milwaukee is better than Philly, but I think Philly had better individual players across the board. Obviously Giannis is better than anyone on Philly, but in terms of individual vs individual match-ups, I think Philly is better at most positions, but Milwaukee is a better team (more balanced roster, more complimentary skills, better schemed).

Game 2 should be good. Only need to win one in Milwaukee and I think we showed that we can win in their building.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X