Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA 2019 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

    That 4th pick is alot less valuable then the top 3. Zion, Ja morant and R.J barrett are clearly the top 3 players and are the only ones who have star potential according to scouts. Ya their is always some steals in the draft but the #4 pick is vastly worse then the knick #3. It's not the canadian media hyping barret btw. He was projected as the number 1 pick before the season started. American media loves the kid to. Don't see AD ending up on the lakers. Could see them doing something with the knicks for #3, Mitchell robinson, DSJ, Kevin Knoxs, alonzo Trier and maybe another future pick. Thats a better package then the lakers IMO. Not to mention you get to pair up R.J and Zion who are great friends which could lead to them building something really special in NO.
    I don't really give a damn what these scouts say. Just a couple if years ago these same scouts ranked Fultz and Ball 1 and 2. Two years later, pretty sure everyone here would take Mitchell, Tatum, Fox, Markkanen over Fultz and Ball. Heck, i'd take Isaac over Fultz and Ball.

    RJ Barrett is not that dude.

    Comment


    • #17
      A line up of DSJ, R,J,Zion, Mitchell Robinson with knox and trier off the bench and flip jrue holiday for a young shooting guard. That's a pretty great roster of young talent, They probably would already be better then the suns who have been tanking for 5 years. Knicks trade is making more and more sense to me. Lakers best player is Ingram, and he would be due for an extension soon. I would be willing to take a bet the R.J will be a better player then Ingram. Celtics have jaylen and tatum. The potential of R.J is higher then what brown gives you right now. And tatums games seems to be early 2000's mid range. Right now i have Knicks as the favorite to land AD.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

      Comment


      • #18
        The Great One wrote: View Post

        I don't really give a damn what these scouts say. Just a couple if years ago these same scouts ranked Fultz and Ball 1 and 2. Two years later, pretty sure everyone here would take Mitchell, Tatum, Fox, Markkanen over Fultz and Ball. Heck, i'd take Isaac over Fultz and Ball.

        RJ Barrett is not that dude.
        Whose better then Barrett in your opinion? How much college ball have you watched this year? Tell me what you would do if your david griffin right now?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • #19
          bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

          Whose better then Barrett in your opinion? How much college ball have you watched this year? Tell me what you would do if your david griffin right now?
          I already said i like Hunter. I think he's the 3rd best player in this draft. I also like Reddish, i think he was ridiculously underused by Coach K. I also like Culver of Texas Tech.

          If i'm David Griffin, i'd try and convince AD to stay. If not then i'd offer him to Boston and make sure that Tatum is part of the deal.

          Comment


          • #20
            The Knicks/Pelicans trade proposed in here is not the best trade available. The Lakers were offering up Ingram, Kuz, picks. An offer of Ball, Kuz and picks would be a better deal.

            Comment


            • #21
              bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              A line up of DSJ, R,J,Zion, Mitchell Robinson with knox and trier off the bench and flip jrue holiday for a young shooting guard. That's a pretty great roster of young talent, They probably would already be better then the suns who have been tanking for 5 years. Knicks trade is making more and more sense to me. Lakers best player is Ingram, and he would be due for an extension soon. I would be willing to take a bet the R.J will be a better player then Ingram. Celtics have jaylen and tatum. The potential of R.J is higher then what brown gives you right now. And tatums games seems to be early 2000's mid range. Right now i have Knicks as the favorite to land AD.
              Is it weird Id rather have Lonzo than DSJ? I kinda like the Lakers package more, though the shooting becomes worriesome. Also I kinda like keeping Jrue for a while, its hard to develop 3-4 promising young guys at once.

              Comment


              • #22
                DSJ has done nothing in the league. Ball struggled with injuries and doesn't have a jumper but he's a better prospect and has proven more.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  The Knicks/Pelicans trade proposed in here is not the best trade available. The Lakers were offering up Ingram, Kuz, picks. An offer of Ball, Kuz and picks would be a better deal.
                  Ingram has those blood clot issues.. so could be a risk. Kuzma and #4 (so basically not RJ) I guess are the best assets the Lakers have. Also is Ball even a good asset these days? Feels like his stock has dropped quite significantly.

                  I'd take the Celtics offer over the Knicks if they include both Brown and Tatum. But I'd take the Knicks offer before the Lakers. Plus you can ship AD to another conference which is another bonus.


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                    Is it weird Id rather have Lonzo than DSJ? I kinda like the Lakers package more, though the shooting becomes worriesome. Also I kinda like keeping Jrue for a while, its hard to develop 3-4 promising young guys at once.
                    I agree that lonzo better them DSJ. Just like te knocks package better if im the pels
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      planetmars wrote: View Post

                      Ingram has those blood clot issues.. so could be a risk. Kuzma and #4 (so basically not RJ) I guess are the best assets the Lakers have. Also is Ball even a good asset these days? Feels like his stock has dropped quite significantly.

                      I'd take the Celtics offer over the Knicks if they include both Brown and Tatum. But I'd take the Knicks offer before the Lakers. Plus you can ship AD to another conference which is another bonus.

                      Yeah, he's a great asset. The Lakers really missed Ball on defense when he was out. The mix of LBJ wrecking Ball's flow because has no jumper and Ball's injuries led to a down sophomore year. Ball needs to be in the deal for it to make sense.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                        I agree that lonzo better them DSJ. Just like te knocks package better if im the pels
                        If they still had Porzingis then a Knicks trade might make sense. I personally think multiple teams can outbid them.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Apollo wrote: View Post

                          Yeah, he's a great asset. The Lakers really missed Ball on defense when he was out. The mix of LBJ wrecking Ball's flow because has no jumper and Ball's injuries led to a down sophomore year. Ball needs to be in the deal for it to make sense.
                          Ball is a disaster. You can't trade an NBA superstar for a point guard who can't shoot. It's a fatal flaw that impedes your entire roster construction. Lonzo is like a much smaller, much less athletic version of Ben Simmons.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            golden wrote: View Post

                            Ball is a disaster. You can't trade an NBA superstar for a point guard who can't shoot. It's a fatal flaw that impedes your entire roster construction. Lonzo is like a much smaller, much less athletic version of Ben Simmons.
                            Right. You don't trade an NBA superstar for a PG who can't shoot. You trade an NBA superstar for the best package of assets available because you're backed into a corner.

                            For what it's worth, Jason Kidd's rookie season at age 21 doesn't really look much better than Lonzo Ball's rookie and sophomore seasons at age 20-21. We're talking about a 21 year old here. What you see isn't likely what you get.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Barrett has the heart that Wiggins never had. I wouldn't underestimate his ceiling
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Apollo wrote: View Post

                                If they still had Porzingis then a Knicks trade might make sense. I personally think multiple teams can outbid them.
                                I think the knicks biggest advantage is that they can get Barret. Not only is he Zions very good friend they will control both of them for 8 years. Tatum is definitely the best player right now out of all the guys mentioned but i just don't really trust how his game will translate when he plays that mid range style. Ingram has shown some flashes but he also 3 years into the league and you control him for less years. Id bet on R.J over ingram right now. Then you got the additional pieces. Brown for the celtics/ ball and kuz for lakers or knox, trier, robinson and DSJ for knicks. If im pels and going to do this right i want as many chances to make some young guys work. Robinson has all defense potential, knox looks like he could be a solid scorer and DSJ could still turn out to be a really good PG if you can get them to throw in a couple more picks which you could as the Knicks are desprate to bring in a superstar i would do it. I wouldn't really want ball around zion and this team with the baggage he brings. I could see boston getting the deal done but id be really surprised if AD ends up in LA. If memphis takes R.J at 2 the whole plan kinda blows up for the knicks. The big advantage they have right now is they can make Zion happy bringin in, R.J that has to be their goal after last superstar they had soured on the franchise.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X