NBA 2019 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2019 Draft

So the Pelicans get the right to draft Zion and the Knicks get shafted (love it!)

So what do you think, does this make Anthony Davis rethink his well documented discontent in New Orleans for the chance to pair up with Zion, or does NO swing a deal AD for RJ Barrett (if he lands with the Knicks) and picks to have RJ lace 'em up with Zion for a very bright future?

G__Deane wrote: View Post
    So the Pelicans get the right to draft Zion and the Knicks get shafted (love it!)

So what do you think, does this make Anthony Davis rethink his well documented discontent in New Orleans for the chance to pair up with Zion, or does NO swing a deal AD for RJ Barrett (if he lands with the Knicks) and picks to have RJ lace 'em up with Zion for a very bright future?
    Rich Paul: hell, naw.

Comment

I think the league has a long storied tradition of rewarding a team who's been dealt a tough hand recently with the first pick
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Rich Paul: hell, naw.

I wouldnt WANT AD. Screw em, draft Zion, get a haul back for Davis and you've got an interesting core to build from, instantly.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I wouldnt WANT AD. Screw em, draft Zion, get a haul back for Davis and you've got an interesting core to build from, instantly.
          And sell high on Jrue Holiday too. Griffin can buy himself 4-5 years waiting for the kids to grow up. Any smart GM would do that.

Comment

I have to say New Orleans will be a fun team next year. Memphis also should be super fun, happy they get a good pick. I imagine they draft that pg so it may mean they sell high on Conely for a young wing player.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

What's the difference between the 3rd pick and the 4th pick? RJ Barrett is not any good. He's just another overhyped Canadian player. As i said before, the media here loves to overhype ALL Canadian players. RJ Barrett is just another Jalen Rose. That's who he reminds me of the most.

If the Lakers offer the 4th pick + a combination of Ingram + Lonzo, then you make that trade if you're New Orleans(assuming AD still wants out). That's better than what the Knicks could offer.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I think the league has a long storied tradition of rewarding a team who's been dealt a tough hand recently with the first pick
                Especially when it helps to cover up shady stuff involving Lebron.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

What's the difference between the 3rd pick and the 4th pick? RJ Barrett is not any good. He's just another overhyped Canadian player. As i said before, the media here loves to overhype ALL Canadian players. RJ Barrett is just another Jalen Rose. That's who he reminds me of the most.

If the Lakers offer the 4th pick + a combination of Ingram + Lonzo, then you make that trade if you're New Orleans(assuming AD still wants out). That's better than what the Knicks could offer.
                  I still highly doubt NO trades him to LA unless it's clearly the better pkg. Gonna have to be a 3 way for AD to end up with the Lakers imo

Comment

If i had the 3rd pick in this draft, the guy that i would draft is Hunter. I think Hunter has Kawhi like potential. He can lock you up defensively, and he can also score a bit.

As for Zion, if i was him, i would pull a Steve Francis. Why the fuck would i want to play in New Orleans? 1. Nobody cares about basketball in New Orleans. 2. They're a bad team year in year out. 3. They have no history.

Simply put, they're one of the worst franchise in the NBA.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

That 4th pick is alot less valuable then the top 3. Zion, Ja morant and R.J barrett are clearly the top 3 players and are the only ones who have star potential according to scouts. Ya their is always some steals in the draft but the #4 pick is vastly worse then the knick #3. It's not the canadian media hyping barret btw. He was projected as the number 1 pick before the season started. American media loves the kid to. Don't see AD ending up on the lakers. Could see them doing something with the knicks for #3, Mitchell robinson, DSJ, Kevin Knoxs, alonzo Trier and maybe another future pick. Thats a better package then the lakers IMO. Not to mention you get to pair up R.J and Zion who are great friends which could lead to them building something really special in NO.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

That 4th pick is alot less valuable then the top 3. Zion, Ja morant and R.J barrett are clearly the top 3 players and are the only ones who have star potential according to scouts. Ya their is always some steals in the draft but the #4 pick is vastly worse then the knick #3. It's not the canadian media hyping barret btw. He was projected as the number 1 pick before the season started. American media loves the kid to. Don't see AD ending up on the lakers. Could see them doing something with the knicks for #3, Mitchell robinson, DSJ, Kevin Knoxs, alonzo Trier and maybe another future pick. Thats a better package then the lakers IMO. Not to mention you get to pair up R.J and Zion who are great friends which could lead to them building something really special in NO.
                        And from a marketing perspective, pairing Zion and Barrett with picks is a huge win and more easily sold to fans

Comment

Canadian media doesn't overhype Canadian players because in general Canadian media couldn't give a fuck about basketball. And even if they did. I doubt American franchises are watching TSN or Sportsnet and getting swayed by their opinions.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

From the couple of games I saw of RJ.. he seems to be a cross between Rudy Gay and Tobias Harris. So a pseudo all-star wing. He needs a better shot. Can be really good defensively if he's locked in. I don't see star potential yet either (but its so early).

But if the Knicks are smart they can play up the RJ/Zion angle and try to get RJ on to the Pelicans. Pelicans #1 goal now has to make Zion happy. They failed to do that with Davis.. They get another shot. Why not start early by pairing him up with a close friend?

I bet the Knicks would love to have AD.

Comment

Zion plus a massive haul from the Lakers or Celtics is a great rebuild start.

Comment

Working...
                              X